Some general comments -

1. Passive and deployment are unclear and need a rewrite for better clarity.
  2. I like the spell that moves and buffs the caster, but I feel like the selection needs a defensive spell. Things like Azyrite Halo or Thundershock
  3. It's hard to gauge how good anything is without points costs
  4. You haven't labelled what the weapon options are, leaving me to guess to what they're supposed to be
  5. I do really like the concept of a lot of units changing to a minimum size of 3, helps with the elite feel. But that raises many problems as it doesn't mesh with existing composition or what comes in a box. For example, Sequitors are 3-6-9 and Evocators 3-6. Sequitors come in boxes of 10 and Evocators 5. Then it becomes confusing with allocation of special weapons. Sequitor's unit leader can have a greatmace, and 2/5 normal sequitors can too. Possibly also problems with number of leaders that you can build from a box.
  6. Some unit sizes are 3-5-8, this also doesn't always match what comes in the box, and doesn't follow reinforcement conventions.
  7. Some 'Designer Notes' would be helpful, as they would help to explain your decisions to make it easier to follow along with your vision and intent behind the rework.

I'm not quite able to sift through all of this (Stormcast have so many warscrolls lol and I'm not familiar with all the units), but a lot of this comes off looking like a nerf and some odd changes that go against the flavour of the unit. I'll talk more specifically here - 

1. Sequitors - A very versatile battleline, they can be decently killy, or tanky depending on the circumstance with their original ability to choose between rerolling hits or a 5+ ward in the combat phase. That's gone and replaced with a spell ignore on a 6+ which doesn't seem like a good deal. Also the weapon options are strange. I'm guessing that the 2" range weapon is the greatmace and the other is for sword/mace and shield. The greatmaces aren't that killy, and the shields aren't that tanky. The leader gets an amalgamation of both weapons with the damage, wound and reach of the greatmace, and the rend and attacks of the hand weapon. Normally the leader just gets the same weapon but an extra attack, makes things simple, especially if you run these guys in MSU of 3, you have to roll 2 separate attack types for each one which kind of beats the point of equipping them all with the same weapon
  2. Evocators - Both weapon options have 2" range and same attacks, I'm guessing option 2 is grandstaves, they wound less but deal double the damage, doing the maths, the grandstaves are better in all cases, except for anything that reduces damage by 1 (which isn't common). Also their ability is way less exciting and harder to use. Evocators current role is to quickly delete something and not stay in prolonged combat as they don't have any defensive abilities, save for a decent save and 3W. The only defense they have is rerolling 1s to save against shooting, which helps them keep their numbers up for when they get into combat, as their chain lightning damage scales with the number of evocators left in the unit. They are also very good on their own without support and I find them really fun, I run a block of 10, 5 sword and stave in front, 5 grandstaves in the back. After attacking you get to roll a fat load of dice and deal a bunch of mortal wounds.
  3. Annihilators - Ruleswise, I like that annihilators are tankier making them more of an anvil, but flavourwise, annihilators are supposed to drop down like a meteor and charge something with great force.
  4. Praetors - You've made their unit size 5 but you get 3 of them in Dominion. They're supposed to be elite so I don't understand why you've mismatched the unit number and worsened their save. Also I'm not sure about making their ability 100% consistent and usable on anybody and then giving them a general 5+ FNP. Praetors weakness is to target them first and this kind of circumvents that by just letting them ignore anything on a 5+. It also mitigates the Stormcast weakness to Mortal Wounds a bit, whether that's a good or bad idea, I don't know.
  5. Ballista - maybe it's better, but it's certainly less flavourful without the d6 hits ability.
  6. Castigators - Lots of room for improvement over the original rules here, cool models and flavour but they're so bad (the original rules). They shoot vials filled with dracoth breath from these massive crossbows, I don't think 3 attacks quite fits, and I don't quite understand why the 2 profiles so vastly differ from one another, they feel like entirely different weapons. I reckon they should have the every hit = d6 hits ability too, to symbolise the exploding projectiles.
  7. Heroes - so many have downgraded save stats, can you explain your reasoning behind that? Is it to match the type of armour they're in? I get that, but it does make our heroes very squishy. Especially things like the LA on Tauralon, 4+ save is poor for something that can't benefit from Look out Sir or Cover, and 6+ ward doesn't do much.
  8. The -1 to hit for units mounted on gryph chargers is pretty neat and flavourful
  9. I do like that the weapon profiles are very diverse, so often GW defaults to good combat unit = having 3+ hit/wound -1 rend, then damage and number of attacks vary with unit type.
  10. The wizards being able to easily attempt to dispel endless spells seems pretty oppressive, I haven't played against them much, but it seems too easy to get rid of them with these abilities.
  11. Lord Imperatant losing their grpyh-hound buddy is pretty sad. Him having the same weapon profile as a sequitor is also pretty sad.
  12. Lord Commander, this is the leader of an entire Stormhost and they've got a 4+ save, also the same ability as the Imperatant to duplicate commands. Speaking of which, valid target would cause some issues, things like All-Out Attack and All-Out Defence require the unit to be picked to fight, or targeted by attacks. It is pretty cool to be able to circumvent the once per phase limit on a command ability.

Perhaps it might be a good idea to pick a small subset of units at a time and focus on that? Like rework first forging stuff and get the fundamentals down, then add the vanguard chamber, then sacrosanct, then Thunderstrike. This is a big project due to the sheer number of units.

Hope all of this helps and I don't come off as rude or anything it was supposed to be a quick comment but I had fun sifting through it all and thinking about the game design, so my writing is probably really patchy but it's all meant constructively. Really cool to see fan stuff like this, it gets you thinking, and I'd love to see how you iterate upon this.

Edited by Lengthster
  • Like 2

• Blood0Tiger changed the title to mods delete this