Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

5 minutes ago, Liquidsteel said:

It's on the new scroll for the Lord-Arcanum, you need to update the app in the play store.

image.png.7f73e549c2fa146c8fd46655c80e50b3.png

Does this basically mean it now works as it did in 2nd?

P.S. translocation nerf is bs.

Edited by lare2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Does this basically mean it now works as it did in 2nd?

P.S. translocation nerf is bs.

No it's actually worse now unfortunately, because the model is no longer slain so doesn't trigger the new effects like Blaze.

It just allows you negate a wound when that wound would ordinarily slay the model.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, ledha said:

I can't find them at all, any tip ?

Me either. 

No option to update in play store, tried uninstalling and reinstalling... Nothing!

EDIT - scratch that, update has FINALLY appeared!

Edited by AdamR

6 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

Is Cycle of the Storm a ward now? Meaning it doesn't work if you already tried to negate a wound, with the Hammers of Sigmar ability for instance? (then it would be useless for Aventis)

No. Only the wording on the app changed, which is either a mistake or a bizarre way to roll out an update to everyone.

But even if you go by the wording in the app, it's just choose to negate a wound. A ward is specifically a die roll with a chance of negating a wound.

4 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

No. Only the wording on the app changed, which is either a mistake or a bizarre way to roll out an update to everyone.

But even if you go by the wording in the app, it's just choose to negate a wound. A ward is specifically a die roll with a chance of negating a wound.

Yep a Ward includes a dice roll. You can see a similar ability on Mannfred's armour. So both Cycle and Mannfred allow a Ward roll before you choose to activate the ability.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

Translocation isn't a nerf, it is a correction of what everyone should have known would be the rules...

Don't forget that Stormcast have been performing VERY well with a wide variety of lists. Most without a relictor and half of the release!

We have a good book at the moment, not perfect, but good.

my answer to this would be... No no and no..

with the new book, a lot of lists really looked at the translocation relictor combo. As translocation was forgotten by a few FAQ already many of us believed it was intentional. This even more because al other movement tricks where nerfed or removed.

We havent got a wide variety of lists doing well? we only got a few tournament data and our own data that we discus here. On tournament data we have 1 lists with a relictor 4 fulms and 6 longstrike. Yes this list can function without the relictor but no where near as good. And a knight judicator spam list. Other lists are insert translocation relictor and teleport protectors or imperitant annihilator swarm. Its really not that wide of a variation when you look at how insane amount of troop and hero choise we have.

Good? mayb but mostly pretty boring.

27 minutes ago, PJetski said:

App is irrelevant; only the battletome and its errata actually matter

The copy/paste of 2nd edition FAQ is perplexing, but not a surprise from these smoothbrain interns they call the FAQ team

Luckily the Errata is already out as well, updated for October 2021.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liquidsteel said:

Luckily the Errata is already out as well, updated for October 2021.

I know, I'm talking about the fact that the errata does not cover all the inconsistencies that are in the app currently, like Cycle of the Storm and the Tauralon only being 10 wounds

11 minutes ago, Juicy said:

my answer to this would be... No no and no..

with the new book, a lot of lists really looked at the translocation relictor combo. As translocation was forgotten by a few FAQ already many of us believed it was intentional. This even more because al other movement tricks where nerfed or removed.

We havent got a wide variety of lists doing well? we only got a few tournament data and our own data that we discus here. On tournament data we have 1 lists with a relictor 4 fulms and 6 longstrike. Yes this list can function without the relictor but no where near as good. And a knight judicator spam list. Other lists are insert translocation relictor and teleport protectors or imperitant annihilator swarm. Its really not that wide of a variation when you look at how insane amount of troop and hero choise we have.

Good? mayb but mostly pretty boring.

We've had good results from mixed-arms lists, all dracoth lists, that weird Knight Judicator list, Annihalator-heavy lists. 

Doesn't seem boring...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Time will tell. There is still not much tournament data. 

As of now I admit that top placing stormcast lists are rather diverse, although the sample size is too small.

However I believe many stormcast lists at tournaments would more or less be shoehorned into rosters depending even more heavily on shooting. 

In this regard, I think the winning list by Tom Mawdsley at Mencunian Carnage(where translocation was "nerfed" by TOs) is prophetic as it best describes the competitive stormcast lists without translocation: Plenty of high quality shooting with liberator meat shields.

Release of stormdrake guard would change such trend, but even then the lists would be polarised into shooting heavy lists and stormdrake galore lists. 

Let's hope I am proven wrong.

Edited by Sagittarii Orientalis

13 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

We've had good results from mixed-arms lists, all dracoth lists, that weird Knight Judicator list, Annihalator-heavy lists. 

Doesn't seem boring...

personally, with "boring" I don't mean "there's only one list that can win". For me boring is more that there's no tricks left in the book, apart from a handful of new units (dragons moving in the hero phase, imperatant for the 7" deepstrike). Other than that, it's just a series of good pretty straightforward warscrolls (raptors, fulminators...).

Right now I miss playing (and never doing better than 3-2 in a serious tournament mind you!) with the Starcast list or going full Skyborne Slayers to drop some ****** units (the old warrior chamber) 5" away from the opponent. Maybe I just need to find something that speaks to me but I feel that there isn't much left to explore already.

• Thanks 1

Hmm... This seems highly relevant:

Page 107 – Command Traits, Master of the Celestial Menagerie Change the rule to: ‘If this general has the Behemoth battlefield role and is on the battlefield, subtract 1 from wound rolls for attacks made with melee weapons that target friendly Stormcast Eternals units that have the Behemoth battlefield role.’

Previously, it said:
‘If this general is a Monster and is on the battlefield, subtract 1 from wound rolls for attacks made with melee weapons that target friendly Stormcast Eternals Monsters.’

Prior to this, stormcast had the following monsters:  Stardrakes, the new Named Dragons, Taurelions, the Knight-Draconis, and Stormdrake Guard.  This meant that the old wording gave all of those -1 to wound in melee.  However, the only Behemoths that Stormcast have are Stardrakes and the new named dragons.  Which means that if you run a stardrake, you can run this command ability to give him -1 to wound in melee... and that is about it.  This takes it from situationally good to "why bother?"

Yes, it was questionably OP to have it affect Stormdrake Guard (of course, without them being released yet it is hard to say for certain that it would have really been OP).  However, they could have very easily changed it to "affects Monster Hero's" if stormdrake guard were the problem.