Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

Just now, JackStreicher said:

They used to utterly misplay rules in the white dwarves and sometimes almost made up their own rules. So I personally am not expecting the WH+ batreps to be clean representations of actual rules.

This beyond emprasing and unprofesional. 

We don’t know if it was a mistake or a new ability in the book.

Anyway more Hammerers stuff:

SCE: command trait: if a unit within 12” suffers a casualty, they get +1 sv for the turn. Artifact: double damage to 1 weapon on 6’s to wound.

Looks like SCE had a unit in the sky even though they were playing Stormkeeps. Probably a mistake also

Edited by PrimeElectrid

44 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

We don’t know if it was a mistake or a new ability in the book.

Anyway more Hammerers stuff:

SCE: command trait: if a unit within 12” suffers a casualty, they get +1 sv for the turn. Artifact: double damage to 1 weapon on 6’s to wound.

Looks like SCE had a unit in the sky even though they were playing Stormkeeps. Probably a mistake also

I thought he said he was playing scions? 

Unrelated: rules for all the new thunderstrike infantry in Warcry are up on Warcom. Knight-Judicator is insane, 4 damage on a regular hit, 10 on a crit with his bow??? Even with just one attack thats crazy

Edit: been a while since I looked at warcry, but I checked and its actually the same profile as the Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrikes, but with higher range. Could mean that his bow is the same or a similar profile to them, -2 rend 2 damage.

Edited by mystycalchemy
Longstrikes exist in warcry
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, mystycalchemy said:

Nope. Annihilator died, rolled 3 dice and did mortal wounds on a 5+.

*facepalm* I have played 3 games making the same misreading mistake... whoops. Misread it as +1 to the dice roll rather than an extra dice rolled. I suspect that's what happened on the wh+ batrep

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mystycalchemy said:

Nope. Annihilator died, rolled 3 dice and did mortal wounds on a 5+.

Nice to see on the new paid service they can't even get the most basic rules correct for their own game and for a starter box army... Really sets the expectation level moving forward I guess. Guess we are in the "moving pretty miniatures forward" level of tactics with rules knowhow being very optional.

Guess it will still be a long time before we get our hands on the rules if the AoS app needs to work first...

• Thanks 2

A rising amount of -2 rend could give you a sense of what’s to come for all new tomes in 3.0.

Imo it‘d be crucial to diversify rend. 2.0 did not do enough with it.

Although my guess would be, that the SCE would in deed be on the more elite side of things, with better access to -2 rend & 2 dmg.

23 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

A rising amount of -2 rend could give you a sense of what’s to come for all new tomes in 3.0.

Imo it‘d be crucial to diversify rend. 2.0 did not do enough with it.

Although my guess would be, that the SCE would in deed be on the more elite side of things, with better access to -2 rend & 2 dmg.

Save stacking only devalues armor saves and enforces that everything is now about mortal wounds and ward saves. This is bad news for Stormcast, as units like annihilators pay a lot of points for that high save, yet has no use for it in many cases, with the most powerful units right now packign a lot of MW output, even at range.

The extreme amount of units with access to MW output has really thrown the armor save balance out of the window. Now also Kruleboyz entering the fray with MW output on 6s to hit. There is no counterplay to that and just melts expensive elite high save units. 

They should really have held back with all those MWs and kept them to abilities and spells and used dmg and rend for effects, such as lumineth getting 1 more rend and damage on 6s possibly, instead of just mortal wounds with no counterplay to it.

• Like 1

That's why I believe they'll cut down the amount of MWs in the battle tomes to come & focus more on rend for most armies. I'm ok with Kruleboys having MWs on 6es for example - if it's their thing and how they compete in a world of better statlines. It's however not beneficial to the game if each and every army has a rather huge amount of MW output.

I'm totally with you on the problems, and not arguing that but rather musing what the fix will be. 

I mean, I'm pretty sure we'll see more soup tomes for the single reason that that way old books can be updated faster. KO would never ever get another book as early as the rumored Dispossessed book. But if you bundle them it's a different story.

• Thanks 1