Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I keep looking at Xandire to figure out what went so wrong with her head and I think I figured it out... does anyone else think what I highlighted is actually her hair painted gold? I can't for the life of me settle on what tf they wanted this part of her head to be!

image.png.7cf2df30cd1e6939e2130d2b9d2450f9.png

I think your right.   I think paint is why this model didn't turn out.

Edited by Nerdkingdan

55 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I keep looking at Xandire to figure out what went so wrong with her head and I think I figured it out... does anyone else think what I highlighted is actually her hair painted gold? I can't for the life of me settle on what tf they wanted this part of her head to be!

Its a gold braid. I think Xandire is supposed to be Egyptian

D10832-Egyptian-Sexy-Wig-a__68417.1505669185.jpg

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

The sculpt is just ugly :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

95% sure that's just her covered gorget/pauldron connection being raised up by her arm and hugging her face.

You can see a theme they all have a bit of the golden sigmarite metal uncovered by their necks.

KxsAHVP.png

WZp2IJ0.png

It's like the cloaks the Praetors wear. It's stylish and marks them out but after a quick closer look they're still packing a Liberator's worth of massive armor and giant pauldrons under it.

Juggernaut in a disguise vibes, there's no hiding that 9-foot tall armored badassery.

b39a5812b6d3d565d22c57bae160773d90fc16b7(It's funnier when he's standing next to the passengers barely taller than his elbows)

• Thanks 1

Was Lynus Ghalmorian the only named character to get squatted in the new tome? 

I expect no one gives a ****** since he wasn't great, despite him being one of the few non-Hammers of Sigmar named characters. Was there some ruling on warscrolls originating from white dwarf magazine? Obviously his scroll is utterly out of sync with the new ones so I'm just curious if theres any indication he could be re-added in the future.

400px-Lynus_M01.jpg

RIP we hardly knew you.

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Anyone going stormkeep and just loading up on battleline? Might be cool to have 3x10 Vindictors back up by a LRelictor and LCastellant. Stab stab for MWs

I am building towards a list with 40 (+krondhys, relictor, vexillor) but painting them will take a while. Hope to test it on TTS in October. I think it can work but it has some obvious limitation and should have a hard time Vs opponents with a very high damage cap.

The more I think about lists the more a mixed arms seems a better way to go (a ranged threat, a melee hammer, some redeemers)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

I am building towards a list with 40 (+krondhys, relictor, vexillor) but painting them will take a while. Hope to test it on TTS in October. I think it can work but it has some obvious limitation and should have a hard time Vs opponents with a very high damage cap.

The more I think about lists the more a mixed arms seems a better way to go (a ranged threat, a melee hammer, some redeemers)

Yeah some hammers will need to be thrown in there but for the core of the list though im thinking a looooot of redeemers. A nice shield wall with maybe some ranged behind or maybe something with bite to flank and pin something

11 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

Hi everybody,

I´ve seen some love for Lord Arcanum on Tauralon in this thread. I just wonder why. In AoS 2.0 nobody seemed to use this model. What changed that LAoT is suddenly a piece to consider?

Outside of Stardrake and Dragons, he is the only Monster stormcast have, which is important now. 

Also, Comet Trail ability is greatly buffed in utility compared to the 2.0 one. 

He also has a better spell, but this is minor compared to the points above. 

Not sure if this was discussed and if so I cant sift through all the back pages, buuuut how does Bless Weapons interact with Judicators Celestial Blast(1 MW and attack sequence ends)?

Bless Weapons gives 2 hits on a 6 but on a 6 to hit the bow does 1 MW and the attack ends. Does Bless not work on something like that?

edit: I guess the same would apply to Vindictors

Edited by Malakithe

20 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Not sure if this was discussed and if so I cant sift through all the back pages, buuuut how does Bless Weapons interact with Judicators Celestial Blast(1 MW and attack sequence ends)?

Bless Weapons gives 2 hits on a 6 but on a 6 to hit the bow does 1 MW and the attack ends. Does Bless not work on something like that?

edit: I guess the same would apply to Vindictors

only one effect applies (core rules 1.6.4) so you must pick either MW or exploding 6s

Edited by Marcvs

32 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Ooh ok thanks. Maybe Bless Weapons isnt as useful for units that do MWs on 6s

I'm not sure if Bless Weapons works on ranged attacks anyway.

If it does though, it's really good on Judicators and Vanguard-Raptors with crossbows, where every hit counts as 2 hits instead of 1.

13 hours ago, Drofnum said:

The sculpt isnt bad, its the same as a lot of female faces on heavy metal paintjobs.  They do male faces well, female faces they seem to try and paint the same as male and it just doesnt work.

GW hasn't been doing a great job with female faces, that's a fact. But I think this is one is really ugly, that's just my point of view :). Lena Stormspire's face was also a pain for the eyes.

Still my personal taste, I think some old metal cast or wfb mini were better when it came to female faces. But that's just me

Edited by Maturin