Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

48 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

feels like that was inevitable :/ I don't know of any other faction aside from COS where you could make your own subfaction with rules..

this Annihilator paint job does slap though, holy cow

EDIT: "it’s a taste of what you’ll find in each and every new battletome coming down the pike." sounds like most armies will have the narrative choice to build-your-own subfaction !!

AoS SC PathToGlory Sep7 Image1

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

feels like that was inevitable :/ I don't know of any other faction aside from COS where you could make your own subfaction with rules..

KO have had this option since their first battletome.  If they do it similar to the KO code it could easily see matched play.

5 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

this Annihilator paint job does slap though, holy cow

AoS SC PathToGlory Sep7 Image1

I actually think the Thunderstrike Anvils of the Heldenhammer look worse. They really need that bit of red cloth to 'pop' in my opinion, there's just so much jet black there's nowhere for the eyes to centre on.

I say this as somebody who's favourite Stormhost are the Anvils and has his few Stormcast painted as such.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I actually think the Thunderstrike Anvils of the Heldenhammer look worse. They really need that bit of red cloth to 'pop' in my opinion, there's just so much jet black there's nowhere for the eyes to centre on.

there seems to be some Vigilors in the background so I see what you mean--the Prosecutors look blobby, and there's no cloth on the Annihilators for the red to fit in

On 9/6/2021 at 6:42 AM, lare2 said:

Same here, although my lack of model purchases is due to being flat broke. Otherwise, I'd be buying anything and everything! Super pumped we're actually getting some movement now - whoop whoop!

I have my armies potential purchases broken down as follows:

Future Purchases: The things I need to reach 2000 points of models with no concern for competitive value. I currently have 2000 points of S2D and BCR. I am looking to add 2 Celestar Ballitas and a Lord Ordinator but would prefer to wait to see the tome before settling on anything and would gladly choose the mounted Dragons instead. I kept my armies small and cheap and wanted to have the ability to play at home with friends rather than one large army to build variable lists from.

Potential Purchases: The models that I like that can help me create an alternate theme for an army and are in my budget but are not part of my initial 2000 pts. Examples include Mindstealer Sphiranx, Chaos Lord on Kakadrak, Gnoblars, Scraplauncher, Knight Judicator and Stormkeep or Demon allies. I am probably going to aim for 2500 for each army at some point in the future to have a slight bit of variety but I am not in a rush to reach that number.

Wishlist Purchases: The models I desperately want but cannot justify in terms of cost. Be'lakor, Varanguard, Mega Gargant, SCE Named Dragons ☹️ These are the models that I will look upon in envy and maybe one day be able to afford.

But if Chaos Space Marines let me run Darkmech I might just reach 2000 for all armies and not expand at all and still be even more broke 😅 

Edited by Neverchosen

34 minutes ago, PJetski said:

What base sizes do these look like to you guys?

SundayPreview Aug22 SCEKnightJudiSundayPreview Aug22 SCEChariot

I'm really not sure about the bodyguard gryphs as they look bigger than the ones we have now. Apologies for not knowing the mm offhand: Knight-Judi looks like the same oval base as Vanguard Raptors. Chariot is probably supposed to be oval, somewhere between Dracoth and Drakesworn bases?

12 hours ago, PJetski said:

What base sizes do these look like to you guys?

SundayPreview Aug22 SCEKnightJudiSundayPreview Aug22 SCEChariot

I'm guessing the Knight Judicator is on a standard cavalry base, so 60mm x 35mm. Using the super scientific approach of just eyeballing it, that would put the Gryph Hounds on a 40mm.

I would guess that the Chariot is on a standard chariot base, 120mm x 92mm.