PJetski

56 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Barristan: 

4 attacks 3/2/-2/4
4+ ward
If he kills any models he heals back up to full health 
Before the game redeploys d3 units
One command per turn for free 

In your hero phase pick a unit on the board and roll dice = wounds, 6s are mortals

So, for thunderborne, we roll only one dice aginst a unit of 60 models with 1 wound characteristic?

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Barristan: 

4 attacks 3/2/-2/4
4+ ward
If he kills any models he heals back up to full health 
Before the game redeploys d3 units
One command per turn for free 

In your hero phase pick a unit on the board and roll dice = wounds, 6s are mortals

The fact that he can give that free command everywhere on the board (if I read that correctly) pairs very well with dracothian guard (which is battleline in Hammers) if they don't get the ELITE status

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

The fact that he can give that free command everywhere on the board (if I read that correctly) pairs very well with dracothian guard (which is battleline in Hammers) if they don't get the ELITE status

Im 200% that they will get it :D 

• Like 1

I am genuinely, but pleasantly surprised that the books are going on preorder next week! The limited number of models being released alongside it is a little surprising (I thought there'd be at least a few more) but I'm ok with that. We knew the releases were going to be spread out anyway, and as others have said, seeing the stats will aid greatly in informing model purchases.

The general amount of products released seem quite big for me: 2 Battletomes, 2 sets of Warscroll Cards, 4 new kits, 1old kit repacked (Lord Arcanum), 6 Set of Dice + Supplemental stuff for Blood Bowl. It is quite a loaded release here. 

If I recall correctly we will see for SCE:

• Knight Relictor
  • New Bow Guys
  • New Sword Guys
  • Dragon Knights
  • New Named Dude we got the rules revealed today
  • Named Dragon Kit

And keep in mind this all comes while there will be also some stuff for Orruks left, as well as a Black Templar release that appears to bring some new kits along when the rumour-mills are true. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Charleston said:

New Sword Guys

This is an odd question but will these new sword units have optional parts to build Vindicators or are they only available through the Starter Sets? I do not remember any indication of this and the parts seem fairly different but it still seems weird to me that there is no current info on a generic Vindicator release (unless I am forgetting something). 🤔

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

This is an odd question but will these new sword units have optional parts to build Vindicators or are they only available through the Starter Sets? I do not remember any indication of this and the parts seem fairly different but it still seems weird to me that there is no current info on a generic Vindicator release (unless I am forgetting something). 🤔

vindictors :P and we don't know yet, but it might be 2 kits judging from the amount of visual differences between the two

56 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

vindictors :P and we don't know yet, but it might be 2 kits judging from the amount of visual differences between the two

clg4p9ujpfw8trnw8qxk.jpg?ar=16:9&auto=fo

Okay good to know that I did not miss anything in that regard, it does feel a little out of place to introduce this new Vanquisher unit with so little fan fare especially as they look like they could so easily fill out the future generic battleline role in the next edition starter set 😁

But overall the Thunderstrike units all look aces to me particularly the archers even though I will have a very, very difficult time fitting them into my lists/collection. Especially as the Cellestar Ballista is likely a cheaper option and can easily help fill out the grand battery Battalion.

Of course it's set to release whilst I'm away at a larp weekend XD

Though I'll probably wait a week or two to spread out costs anyway, and because I want the dragon cavalry!

Do we reckon it will be just a 2 week spread or do people expect all the units to take a few weeks to all come out?

19 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

IMG_20210906_102616.jpg

Sounds like dragons have 4 attacks each with dmg 2 and there is a normal guy and a prime with 3 attacks and 4 for the prime, probably dmg 1 and rend 0-1, then +1 dmg and +1-2 rend on the charge I'd guess. Decent enough, depends on the breath as well. Question then is if they are monsters or not.

Just now, JackStreicher said:

Oh boy. I will definitely get some Dragons. Yet I‘ll spread out the purchases - my hype is at negative levels xD

I‘ll only get the BT and the Scrolls, before I buy any models

Same here, although my lack of model purchases is due to being flat broke. Otherwise, I'd be buying anything and everything! Super pumped we're actually getting some movement now - whoop whoop!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Oh boy. I will definitely get some Dragons. Yet I‘ll spread out the purchases - my hype is at negative levels xD

I‘ll only get the BT and the Scrolls, before I buy any models

GW has got you covered here as they are spreading out the releases anyway. Might be a couple of months to get it all out