Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)**
Lord-Castellant (155)*
- General
- Command Trait: Envoy of the Heavens
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
Knight-Incantor (125)*
- Spell: Celestial Blades
Lord-Relictor (145)*
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Prayer: Translocation

Battleline
10 x Vindictors (260)***
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Vindictors (130)***
10 x Vanquishers (250)***
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Liberators (115)**
- Heavens-wrought Weapon and Shield
5 x Liberators (115)*
5 x Liberators (115)**

Core Battalions
*Warlord
**Warlord
***Hunters of the Heartlands

Additional Enhancements
Holy Command: Call for Aid
Artefact

Total: 1980 / 2000

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 hours ago, feadair said:

And this list went 4-1 and came third in a 27 player event in the US:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Hallowed Knights
- Mortal Realm: Hysh
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Gardus Steel Soul (160)**
Lord-Castellant (155)*
- General
Knight-Incantor (125)*
Lord-Relictor (145)*

Battleline
10 x Vindictors (260)***
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Vindictors (130)***
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Liberators (115)**
5 x Liberators (115)*
5 x Liberators (115)**

Core Battalions
*Warlord
**Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

I love this list! 

No fulminators or raptors, 10 vanquishers. Focus in the redeemers as hallowed knights. Lovely. 

I wonder how the vanquishers performed. 

6 hours ago, feadair said:

And this list went 4-1 and came third in a 27 player event in the US:

- Stormhost: Hallowed Knights
- Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Gardus Steel Soul (160)**
Lord-Castellant (155)*
- General
Knight-Incantor (125)*
Lord-Relictor (145)*

Battleline
10 x Vindictors (260)***
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Vindictors (130)***
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Liberators (115)**
5 x Liberators (115)*
5 x Liberators (115)**

Core Battalions
*Warlord
**Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Twice the same holly command is not legit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just a quick report from a recent tournament i made with Stormcast.

It was a 64 players tournament no restriction, i ended 7th with 4-1.

Lists : https://www.aosff.fr/sites/aosff/files/2021-10/listes-coupe-sud-est-age-of-sigmar-aosff.pdf

I played the no-imagination card and copied the Matt goldesbourgh list :

Player Name: Kozokus

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar

- Mortal Realm: Chamon

LEADERS

Lord-Relictor (145)*

- General

- Command Trait: High Priest

Aventis Firestrike Magister of Hammerhal (325)*

Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)*

UNITS

2 x Dracothian Guard Fulminators (230)*

5 x Vindictors (130)*

6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (480)*

3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (240)*

CORE BATTALIONS

*Battle Regiment

ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS

Holy Command: Thunderbolt Volley

Scion of the storm

TOTAL: 1985/2000 WOUNDS: 76

Here is how it went :

Round 1 on veins of Ghur

VS TECLIS 20 archers and 1 fox 1 drop

Nice list and the player admit he is unexperienced.

I win the toss and elect to deploy and play first.

He did his best with aetherquartz and allout defense but i easily killed Teclis,10 archers and 10 wardens in the first turn. He struggled a bit in his turn, rallying archers and chipping some models here and there then i got priority turn2 and whipe him of the table. I accidentally made my opponent win the trophy of « beeing the first one to be entirely tabled ».

Afterthought of the game : had i been forced to get second that it would have been muuuch more difficult : no double tap (because i would have been forced to deploy every shooter in heaven) and Teclis with his 5+ ward would have been a big problem.

20-0

Round 2 The vice

Vs Reiknor’s condemned.

Reiknor, Olynder, guardian of souls, cruciator, torment, Knight of shroud mounted

30+10+10+10 chainrasps

2x2 ghasts

2x8 banshees

Deceiptively powerful list, I struggled a lot and the guy ended 5th of the tournament.

I took the turn 1, removed the Guardian of souls and reiknor from the game and pass. I struggle to screen my longstrike properly and he feels forced to play very agressively so he teleport most things and fail most charges, he take the double turn and i loost all my longstrike and Knight Judicator while the dracoths are on his objectives, still manage to kill Olynder in the process. Turn 2-4 is me playing with Aventis and 4 dracoths trying to mulch as much as i could of his army as he can’t kill them with AAD + mystic shield. Turn5 he made a mistake and try to kill aventis which he failed instead of tagging the dracoths, which allow me to make a devastating charge on his 30 chainrasps, giving me the final objective and denying his strategy (having a battleline alive) which flip the game at the last moment for a short win.

12-8

Afterthought : The kruciator is a pure horror and i should have made him my prime target. I should have been more protective with the longstrikes.

Round 3 on Powerz in Number.

VS Ironjaw 1 MK + 1 Rogue idole + 12 pigs+15 Hardboys+2 chanter, one with tome

The guy is a friend and this is a revenge match.

I play very agressively and shoot everything i have on the Maw Krusha with 5++ and wall in with the Dracoths. When the dust settle i only removed 6 wounds and fear is upon me. On his turn he teleport the Rogue idole on my side and the MawKrusha hit my wall while i remove  3 pigs with unleash hell. He fizzle and only kill one dracoth while the Idol Kill 3 longstrike and the judicator.

The Priority turn2 will decide the winner of the game and i win it. This time i kill the Maw Krusha and aventis win his duel with the rogue idol while 2 dracoths eradicate 6 pigs in a brillant charge. The rest is just me snipping the last of his models.

18-2

Afterthought : I played badly, i could have teleported everybody on his weak side of the board and simply killed them and playing the long game instead of trying to crack the MawKrusha coconut and risking the loss too easily. By beeing too agressive i forced the behaviour of my opponent to be overagressive and risking everything on the double turn which could have sucedded had i lost the priority.

Round 4 on Power struggle.

VS Tzeentch Archaon host arcanum.

The guy is a friend and this is a revenge of the revenge match.

This is basically the same game as before. Unable to learn from my previous mistakes i elect to to crack Archaon, i did 16 woulds and pass the turn. As the previous game he choose to run 6 with everybody and bet for the double turn. He got it ! and he charged my dracoths but failed and only killed one and my 2 gryphounds. This is my time, but this time Archaon is fully buffed with his 1+ reroll save and my whole army did 0 dammage on him. FAIL ! He got priority Turn3 and i get drowned under a sea of screamers and summoned blue horrors. In the end i manage to kill archaon by dispelling a crucial spell and teleporting away my 4 last longstrikes.

Defeat 3-17

Afterthought : I should have removed everything but archaon. The 19 first wound you do on him are nothing and he can’t be everywhere.

Round5 on Survival of the thickest

VS SPIDERFANG ! 2 Arachanashaman 2 Skitterstrand 15 spiders 6 trolls 2 foot shamans 3 endless spells.

WTF….

This guy is on 3-1, eating morathi-s and gotreks all day long and his only loss is due to a double maw krusha. He seems to be severly underestimated by his previous opponents and plays well at the same time.

Fortunately for me i studied the subject and do not underestimate the dammage thoses things can do. A skitterstrand can easily do 15 mortal wounds in a single swing and terminate a unit of dracoth with a wave of the hand.

I am torn because i again feel forced to kill his arachanarok general on destiny amulett as a priority target. For thoses who don’t know he has some kind of « waaagh » once per game ability which put his whole army on power of Hysh plus have a spell to double the mortal wounds he can do. I elect to castle everything and fortune favours e as i kill his general with longstrike. But i can’t do more than that.  Once again my opponent is forced to commit a suicide attack on me on his turn and hope for the double. Once again, the turn2 priority is crucial, if he has it i will be trampled by 6 trolls and 3 giant spiders under the moon effect. Fortunately i got it and this transform into spider-hunting and dragoths trampling everything.

19-1

Afterthought of the tournament.

I went 7th out of 64 player with 72 points (max100). The 5th and 6th player are the Nighthaunt and the Archaon i faced.

This list is dumb, very fragile and very deadly not even bothering with the scenario. It forces your opponent to be overly agressive with you and forces the game into having the priority roll at all cost.

Aventis was far better than i expected. Good at everything, having 2 cast was very precious for celestial blades + mystic shield. Except in one occasion i never missed having an artifact or a mount trait. The extra rend was nice too.

The best part about the knight Judicator was the gryph hounds he brings, that is all i have to say about him.

The lord relictor is my new best friend. I can hardly play withour him now.
I will probably never play this fragile list again, 9 longstrike is far too much, 6 is enough and the Lord Judicator saw his last game.
More boots on the ground please.

Just a quick report from a recent tournament i made with Stormcast.

It was a 64 players tournament no restriction, i ended 7th with 4-1.

I played the no-imagination card and copied the Matt goldesbourgh list :

Player Name: Kozokus

- Mortal Realm: Chamon

LEADERS

Lord-Relictor (145)*

- General

Aventis Firestrike Magister of Hammerhal (325)*

Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)*

UNITS

5 x Vindictors (130)*

3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (240)*

CORE BATTALIONS

*Battle Regiment

ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS

Scion of the storm

TOTAL: 1985/2000 WOUNDS: 76

Here is how it went :

Round 1 on veins of Ghur

VS TECLIS 20 archers and 1 fox 1 drop

Nice list and the player admit he is unexperienced.

I win the toss and elect to deploy and play first.

He did his best with aetherquartz and allout defense but i easily killed Teclis,10 archers and 10 wardens in the first turn. He struggled a bit in his turn, rallying archers and chipping some models here and there then i got priority turn2 and whipe him of the table. I accidentally made my opponent win the trophy of « beeing the first one to be entirely tabled ».

Afterthought of the game : had i been forced to get second that it would have been muuuch more difficult : no double tap (because i would have been forced to deploy every shooter in heaven) and Teclis with his 5+ ward would have been a big problem.

20-0

Round 2 The vice

Vs Reiknor’s condemned.

Reiknor, Olynder, guardian of souls, cruciator, torment, Knight of shroud mounted

30+10+10+10 chainrasps

2x2 ghasts

2x8 banshees

Deceiptively powerful list, I struggled a lot and the guy ended 5th of the tournament.

I took the turn 1, removed the Guardian of souls and reiknor from the game and pass. I struggle to screen my longstrike properly and he feels forced to play very agressively so he teleport most things and fail most charges, he take the double turn and i loost all my longstrike and Knight Judicator while the dracoths are on his objectives, still manage to kill Olynder in the process. Turn 2-4 is me playing with Aventis and 4 dracoths trying to mulch as much as i could of his army as he can’t kill them with AAD + mystic shield. Turn5 he made a mistake and try to kill aventis which he failed instead of tagging the dracoths, which allow me to make a devastating charge on his 30 chainrasps, giving me the final objective and denying his strategy (having a battleline alive) which flip the game at the last moment for a short win.

12-8

Afterthought : The kruciator is a pure horror and i should have made him my prime target. I should have been more protective with the longstrikes.

Round 3 on Powerz in Number.

VS Ironjaw 1 MK + 1 Rogue idole + 12 pigs+15 Hardboys+2 chanter, one with tome

The guy is a friend and this is a revenge match.

I play very agressively and shoot everything i have on the Maw Krusha with 5++ and wall in with the Dracoths. When the dust settle i only removed 6 wounds and fear is upon me. On his turn he teleport the Rogue idole on my side and the MawKrusha hit my wall while i remove  3 pigs with unleash hell. He fizzle and only kill one dracoth while the Idol Kill 3 longstrike and the judicator.

The Priority turn2 will decide the winner of the game and i win it. This time i kill the Maw Krusha and aventis win his duel with the rogue idol while 2 dracoths eradicate 6 pigs in a brillant charge. The rest is just me snipping the last of his models.

18-2

Afterthought : I played badly, i could have teleported everybody on his weak side of the board and simply killed them and playing the long game instead of trying to crack the MawKrusha coconut and risking the loss too easily. By beeing too agressive i forced the behaviour of my opponent to be overagressive and risking everything on the double turn which could have sucedded had i lost the priority.

Round 4 on Power struggle.

VS Tzeentch Archaon host arcanum.

The guy is a friend and this is a revenge of the revenge match.

This is basically the same game as before. Unable to learn from my previous mistakes i elect to to crack Archaon, i did 16 woulds and pass the turn. As the previous game he choose to run 6 with everybody and bet for the double turn. He got it ! and he charged my dracoths but failed and only killed one and my 2 gryphounds. This is my time, but this time Archaon is fully buffed with his 1+ reroll save and my whole army did 0 dammage on him. FAIL ! He got priority Turn3 and i get drowned under a sea of screamers and summoned blue horrors. In the end i manage to kill archaon by dispelling a crucial spell and teleporting away my 4 last longstrikes.

Defeat 3-17

Afterthought : I should have removed everything but archaon. The 19 first wound you do on him are nothing and he can’t be everywhere.

Round5 on Survival of the thickest

VS SPIDERFANG ! 2 Arachanashaman 2 Skitterstrand 15 spiders 6 trolls 2 foot shamans 3 endless spells.

WTF….

This guy is on 3-1, eating morathi-s and gotreks all day long and his only loss is due to a double maw krusha. He seems to be severly underestimated by his previous opponents and plays well at the same time.

Fortunately for me i studied the subject and do not underestimate the dammage thoses things can do. A skitterstrand can easily do 15 mortal wounds in a single swing and terminate a unit of dracoth with a wave of the hand.

I am torn because i again feel forced to kill his arachanarok general on destiny amulett as a priority target. For thoses who don’t know he has some kind of « waaagh » once per game ability which put his whole army on power of Hysh plus have a spell to double the mortal wounds he can do. I elect to castle everything and fortune favours e as i kill his general with longstrike. But i can’t do more than that.  Once again my opponent is forced to commit a suicide attack on me on his turn and hope for the double. Once again, the turn2 priority is crucial, if he has it i will be trampled by 6 trolls and 3 giant spiders under the moon effect. Fortunately i got it and this transform into spider-hunting and dragoths trampling everything.

19-1

I went 7th out of 64 player with 72 points (max100). The 5th and 6th player are the Nighthaunt and the Archaon i faced.

This list is dumb, very fragile and very deadly not even bothering with the scenario. It forces your opponent to be overly agressive with you and forces the game into having the priority roll at all cost.

Aventis was far better than i expected. Good at everything, having 2 cast was very precious for celestial blades + mystic shield. Except in one occasion i never missed having an artifact or a mount trait. The extra rend was nice too.

The best part about the knight Judicator was the gryph hounds he brings, that is all i have to say about him.

I will probably never play this fragile list again, 9 longstrike is far too much, 6 is enough and the Lord Judicator saw his last game.

Edited by kozokus
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On saturday i will Play against an ironjaws list, this is the List i will Try:

any tips?

Leaders
Lord-Commander Bastian Carthalos (300)
Lord-Imperatant (175)
Lord-Relictor (145)
- General
- Command Trait: High Priest  
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Spell: Thundershock
- Prayer: Translocation

Battleline
10 x Vindictors (260)
- Reinforced x 1
15 x Judicators with Skybolt Bows (600)
- Reinforced x 2

Units
6 x Annihilators with Meteoric Grandhammers (480)
- Reinforced x 1

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1960 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 89
Drops: 6

1 hour ago, Erdemo86 said:

On saturday i will Play against an ironjaws list, this is the List i will Try:

any tips?

Leaders
Lord-Imperatant (175)
Lord-Relictor (145)
- General
- Command Trait: High Priest  
- Prayer: Translocation

Battleline
10 x Vindictors (260)
- Reinforced x 1
15 x Judicators with Skybolt Bows (600)
- Reinforced x 2

Units
- Reinforced x 1

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1960 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Wounds: 89
Drops: 6

Where's your third battleline?

19 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

guys you know if holy commnad ability can be used by the champion of the unit or only from a knight or lord of your army?

All the holy commands specify knight, lord or draconith apart from call to aid which just says stormcast eternal hero.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 3:48 PM, kozokus said:

Thank you for your feedback. 

What will you put instead of the longstrike minus? With this change plus the knight judicator, do you think aventis is still interesting ? 
Did you prefer the dracoth in 2x2 or 1x4 ?
Thank you for your experience.  

I wanted to propose this list to you. 

I wanted to play the annihilators and longstrike pair and replace the traditional Dracoth pack with two chariots.
I really want to test the chariot, excellent tanking, good speed but a random impact and light presence on target. 
The imperatant / relictor combination is important to maximize the impact of the annihilators throughout the game.
The Dracoth in less I use the points for an Incantor to dispel. I hesitated between him and the castellant but I think a good dispel is better. 

I feel like I don't need necesseray the first turn, even it's better. So I choosed Warlord and Redemption Brotherhood.
Thanks to this I have two enhancements :
Holy Command: Unleash Thy Hatred

Two shots for longstrike and bonus for annihilators.

- Stormhost: Knights Excelsior
 - Mortal Realm: Ghur

LEADERS
Lord-Relictor (145)*
- General
Lord-Imperatant (175)*
Knight-Incantor (125)*

UNITS
5 x Vindictors (130)**
5 x Vindictors (130)**
6 x Annihilators with Meteoric Grandhammers (480)**
1 x Stormstrike Chariot (165)**
1 x Stormstrike Chariot (165)**

CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord
**Redemption Brotherhood

ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Holy Command: Unleash Thy Hatred

• Like 1

A test army that I recently tried and found some success with:

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar (Stormkeep)
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Anointed on Frostheart Phoenix (315)*
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Knight-Incantor (125)*
- Spell: Lightning Blast
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (195)*
- General
- Command Trait: Master of Magic
- Mount Trait: Celestial Instincts
- Spell: Celestial Blades

Battleline
4 x Dracothian Guard Fulminators (460)*
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Vindictors (130)*
5 x Sequitors (145)*
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors (145)*
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

Units
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (480)*
- Reinforced x 1

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Additional Enhancements

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Wounds: 91
Drops: 1

I built this army primarily as a way to try out a stormkeep list.  This keeps the core build arounds of Fulminators and Longstrikes which work well and aren't restricted to only being good if they can scions in (like annihilators are).  I decided to go for a 1 drop so that I can dictate the terms of the game with my longstrikes, but you could just as easily build the army to get an extra enhancement with a warlord battalion and Hunters of the Heartlands.  Additionally, I decided to go with Hammers because I like my fulminators counting as battleline in case I end up playing "Power in Numbers" (or whatever that battleplan is that gives priority to battleline units).

For unit choices, I started the list building with the decision to take a frostheart.  I already have a frostheart that I regularly run for my Cities armies, and I can state without question that it is a very hard target for many opponents to remove.  It isn't the greatest at killing, but it also helps protect other offensive threats - in this case, the fulminators.

Next up, the battleline units.  I could save 75 points by going with 3 squads of liberators.  However, I decided to go with the sequitors specifically because they can deal with opposing chaff units.  A lot of armies are running around with some weak chaff as objective holders, screens, or just fast moving objective harassers.  A few examples are Skeletons, Gutrippaz, Screemers, and freeguild guard.  None of these units are particularly well known for their ability to push opposing units off of objectives, but with a 5+ or 6+ save, a squad of liberators or vindictors is also going to struggle to remove them.  In other armies, this would require that I point one of my hammer units at that chaff to clear it off to help me secure the objective.  But, I can expect a squad of Sequitors that empower their hammers to clear off ~10 wounds of these chaff units without needing any outside buffs.  This means that by bringing sequitors, I am bringing a unit that is more independent, and can let my hammers deal with actual threats from opponents.

Overall, this army dealt with a standard morathi and the bow snakes list without too much trouble.  It also thoroughly trounced some non-competitive lists that aren't worth bringing up, which is leading me to think I need to start bringing 2 lists to my local meetups so that I can have a competitive one for people who want some competitive practice, and a casual option so that I'm not pubstomping people with some somehwat busted units.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mad Stalin said:

Thank you for your feedback. 

What will you put instead of the longstrike minus? With this change plus the knight judicator, do you think aventis is still interesting ? 
Did you prefer the dracoth in 2x2 or 1x4 ?
Thank you for your experience.  

Aventis is still a beast. He is still a decent choice over the unnamed Tauralon because of +40 points for a free arcane tome basically. I can't think of a suitable artifact except amulet and the mount traits are bad for several reasons :
-Retreat and charge disable your +1 aura.
-1 dispell is really a short aura, hard to connect.
He is not simply a glorified +1 hi aura, he is a caster, a monster (think monstrous takeover and linebreaker), very fast with no degrading profile. decent in melee and chip some healing here and there. You really use all of that and the removing of a couple of shooting units that enjoy his +1 hit is not enough to remove him from a list.
Aventis stops beeing interesting the moment you stop making a castle.
The tricky part is that he can't be everywhere to give his buff.

The best is to have 2x2 + 1x4 fulminators if you want my advice. Anyway both are good. I never felt a need for 1x4 but i never encounter 40 zombies or 20 pinks.

Edited by kozokus

What do you think of this more elite version of stormcast. Do you think it can be played in a competetive environment? It feels a bit unfinished and has 60 spare points.

Leaders
Celestant-Prime (325)
Lord-Imperatant (175)

Battleline
10 x Judicators with Skybolt Bows (400)
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Vindictors (130)
5 x Vindictors (130)

Units
- Reinforced x 1

Total: 1940 / 2000
Wounds: 81
Drops: 7

The plan is vindictors screen the judicators(thunderbolt volley)

turn 1: imperatant+Anhilators or Bastian from the sky

turn 2: anhilators or Bastian+ prime from the sky 

Judis to soften the screen with volley so you can charge with Bastian/prime/annhilators.

Edited by Erdemo86

38 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

What do you think of this more elite version of stormcast. Do you think it can be played in a competetive environment? It feels a bit unfinished and has 60 spare points.

Leaders
Celestant-Prime (325)
Lord-Imperatant (175)

Battleline
10 x Judicators with Skybolt Bows (400)
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Vindictors (130)
5 x Vindictors (130)

Units
- Reinforced x 1

Total: 1940 / 2000
Wounds: 81
Drops: 7

The plan is vindictors screen the judicators(thunderbolt volley)

turn 1: imperatant+Anhilators or Bastian from the sky

turn 2: anhilators or Bastian+ prime from the sky 

Judis to soften the screen with volley so you can charge with Bastian/prime/annhilators.

This is somewhat similar to my list, however I feel 10 judicators just do not have the needed threat that raptors do, or at least 15 judicators, as that is where the likelihood to remove key threats is significant. 10 is just not quite there to be a significant threat.

2 Things to remember as well, if you want to make use of Bastians redeploy and hero phase attacks, as well as gaining CP from your general, they need to be on the board, so it is costly to keep them in the sky, but can be needed. Also thunderbolt volley needs to be issued by a Lord or Knight.

My version loses the prime and a bit of screening, to get dracoths and longstrikes to significantly increase the shooting threat, while also having dracoths to do a lot of trouble, which creates more threats on the table. Wound count might be low, but everything in the list is incredibly dangerous with good saves and potentially wards. The list can be flexible about what is kept in the sky depending on opponent, only the annihilators will for sure always start in the sky. Even as a 1 drop Bastians relocate will make it impossible for your opponent to avoid the longstrikes except for deploying 30"+ away on the board, which is an awesome mind game.

- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:
Lord-Commander Bastian Carthalos (300)*
Lord-Imperatant (175)*
- General
- Command Trait: Master of Magic
5 x Liberators (115)*
- Heavens-wrought Weapon and Shield
- 1x Grandweapons
2 x Dracothian Guard Concussors (220)*
2 x Dracothian Guard Fulminators (230)*
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (480)*
- Reinforced x 1
6 x Annihilators with Meteoric Grandhammers (480)*
- Reinforced x 1
*Battle Regiment

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 79
Drops: 1

19 minutes ago, Andrethegreat said:

Can I use Bastian, castellan azyr to reploy units into the scions of the storm?

You can take units from the battlefield and set them up in reserve, but not the other way around (cannot take units from reserve and set them on the battlefield

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bibob45 said:

You can take units from the battlefield and set them up in reserve, but not the other way around (cannot take units from reserve and set them on the battlefield

not so sure about this. Scions of the storm can only be used during deployment, whereas Bastian's ability happens after determining priority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bibob45 said:

You cant set them up in reserve. Scions of the Storm states that it is used "during deployment" and Castellan of Azyr occurs after the first round begins which is after deployment is finished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

not so sure about this. Scions of the storm can only be used during deployment, whereas Bastian's ability happens after determining priority.

3 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

You cant set them up in reserve. Scions of the Storm states that it is used "during deployment" and Castellan of Azyr occurs after the first round begins which is after deployment is finished.

Ok, then it is a no. just wanted to make sure I could do before I do it in a game, can I use it on him? 

• Like 1