Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

1 minute ago, Erdemo86 said:

Does every Model of xandires has 5 wounds?

so 20 wounds all 4 together? If yes they Look like a Auto include.

15. Taros is a companion who functions as part of Luxa's model, much like the Lord-Castellant, Lord-Veritant, and Lord-Imperatant's gryph-hounds.

2 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Does every Model of xandires has 5 wounds?

so 20 wounds all 4 together? If yes they Look like a Auto include.

3 Models, so 15 Wounds - the bird is a companion, but holy ****** are they good for their points. 

You basically have the Knight-Azyros + Knight Judicator combined in one scroll, with some kind of Praetor-Style Bodyguard. 

I wouldnt call them an auto include as 265 are still a lot of points and I would probably prefer Bastian, but they are definately a solid pick imo. 

But without translocation and menagerie trait the tome is trash tier and we all should sell our models or better burn them so nobody else needs to play this frustratingly bad designed and boring army! *irony off*

17 hours ago, PJetski said:

Theyre easily the strongest Underworlds warband we have seen so far

15 wounds on a 3+ is great, counts as 6 models on objectives

8 Grandweapon attacks (3+/3+ Rend-1/2 damage) but 3 of those attacks are at Rend-3, their own Azyros lantern, and 3 Longstrike shots (although at 2+/3+ instead of 3+/2+ which is a bit worse)

Really good, but they're HAMMERS OF SIGMAR so I probably can't find room for them at 265. Maybe if they could take artefacts/traits/etc.

Does that mean they can only be taken in HOS ?

23 minutes ago, ledha said:

Does that mean they can only be taken in HOS ?

No, but they can never benefit from abilities outside of that Stormhost, like Gardus and his 5+ Ward aura.

It's a pretty minor downside since there aren't many abilities which effect specific stormhosts.

41 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

What are people thinking on how to move/deliver Protectors now? My original plan was to have a unit of 10 in a stormkeep list but now im not so sure.

Drop them in with a Battlemage of Ghur?

No, hang on... that wouldn't work. He'd not be able to cast after coming down. 

Edited by lare2

42 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Drop them in with a Battlemage of Ghur?

No, hang on... that wouldn't work. He'd not be able to cast after coming down. 

Ghur Battlemage+Translocation works... if you go first or your opponent can't snipe the battlemage.

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

What are people thinking on how to move/deliver Protectors now? My original plan was to have a unit of 10 in a stormkeep list but now im not so sure.

Sell them and buy dragons/dracoths/annihilators?

Honestly you have no options. Well, two that I consider non-viable: 1) Run and charge Holy Order 2) wildform and translocate.

I’m a bit wary of basing my strategy and 400 point unit on a 5w 6+ hero casting a spell, though.

Otherwise Protectors might still work in a castle list as a screen/counter attack?

11 minutes ago, Enoby said:

As someone who has never played Stormcast or really played much against them, what's the general consensus on this book after the FAQs, if there is one?

No consensus, just personal opinions.

Effective army, but one-dimensional. Bad & boring enhancements

About half the book is trash warscrolls never worth using for any reason, but the other half has good stats. Good stats are only as good as their point costs, though - any amount of point increases will cripple them in tournament play.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Enoby said:

As someone who has never played Stormcast or really played much against them, what's the general consensus on this book after the FAQs, if there is one?

Want a fun enough casual army to play?  Stomcast are good, and you can play just about anything in the book.  The "beatstick" hero's aren't worth their points, but just about everything else in the book can work well enough casually.

Want a competitive army?  Ehhh... you might want to look elsewhere.  There are a few standout units that you can build around, but because you are basically building around stat-bricks, changes to points is going to drastically change your competitiveness.  Right now you have 3 things worth building around:

Shooting in the form of Judicators or Vanguard Raptors.  Here specifically, you are looking to make use of the Thunderbolt Volley command to clear off support hero's or snipe beatsticks.

Melee from the sky in the form of Annihilators (with grandhammers) and a Lord-Imperitant.

Melee on the charge in the form of Fulminators.

Finally, Dragons may be worth building around if they ever get released (supposedly December... but that is assuming that GW doesn't have any more delays...)

If you build your army to include at least one of the above, you can probably get a list that can go 3-2 in a tournament.  Played well, and combining some of the above can take you to 4-1.  Alternatively, you can throw out something that no one is expecting and take everyone by surprise (see the 5-0 list that ran 5 Knight-Judicators as an example).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I picked Stormcast based on their vibe: I love their lore and love the look of most of the models.

GW seems to have both made 3.0 Stormcast closer to their fluff while making the Stormhosts, enhancements, and traits feel awful. A lot of points increases that kill off heroes or units in anything but casual/narrative lists. Warscrolls are straightforward at the cost of deleting fun/cool abilities like spirit flasks or extremely needed mobility.

I like the split between Scions and Keeps, though Stormkeep feels like the go-to choice now that Scions lost its -1 hit on the drop.

I'm mostly upset at the amount of typos that ended up in a book I paid 50 USD for. AND we're still waiting on answers to missing questions in the FAQ (namely missing keywords).

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Boytoy said:

Turns out the Knight-relictor looks much better in an alternate colour schemeimage.png.6fdcfca4f6b1cddcf2be889bf8928221.png

I'm honestly surprised that I don't see many people paint the clothing/padding under the armor as anything other than black when this illustrates pretty well that red under black can look pretty sick. I always thought anvils would be more visually interesting if the gaps between the plates were red to add even more accents.

Just that I get a simple thing right: Liberators with shields (I think 4 Shields and the Prime with the Grandweapon is the best option, right? Damage table below shows that option compared to the Vindictors) have +1 to save rolls (3+ save modified, 4+ save normal).

Unbenannt.PNG.e498b613efae9a9798292b448b1b717c.PNG

If I choose the unit to receive "All-out Defense", they only get 3+ save and ignore -1 rend, right? Because the save is already modified through their shields...? So there's no way of getting Liberators to a 2+ save like the Vindictors... am I right?

Does anyone have a good comparison between these two units? I'm using Vindictors now (because I own 20 of them), but they are not really good in doing anything and the 45pts less for Libs is looking quite nice.

Any advice would be nice 😊

10 minutes ago, AR605 said:

Just that I get a simple thing right: Liberators with shields (I think 4 Shields and the Prime with the Grandweapon is the best option, right? Damage table below shows that option compared to the Vindictors) have +1 to save rolls (3+ save modified, 4+ save normal).

Unbenannt.PNG.e498b613efae9a9798292b448b1b717c.PNG

If I choose the unit to receive "All-out Defense", they only get 3+ save and ignore -1 rend, right? Because the save is already modified through their shields...? So there's no way of getting Liberators to a 2+ save like the Vindictors... am I right?

Does anyone have a good comparison between these two units? I'm using Vindictors now (because I own 20 of them), but they are not really good in doing anything and the 45pts less for Libs is looking quite nice.

Any advice would be nice 😊

Yup max Liberators can do is 3+

We did an analysis of all the REDEEMER units in Episode 5 of The Stormkeep.

The conclusion was that in squads of 5 Liberators and Vindictors are virtually identical, but Vindictors scale their offense with unit size because of their 2" reach so they are the only ones worth reinforcing.

• Like 6