Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

2 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

is Gardus with Hallowed knights not Worth it in such Kind of list? 5+ ward looks strong, dropping him with scions near your annhilators?

Gardus is an option that you can run.  You would probably want to take that third list and drop the celestant prime for him, and that also opens up some room for other units as well, as you would have 215 points to spare.  What you put in is really up to you, as it is definitely a flex spot.

Again, for the lists that I posted, you have a core of Imperitant, Relictor, Annihilators, and either judicators or vanguard raptors.  The rest of the list is flex spots, but you need to make sure that you achieve your 3 battleline units.  If you want to run Gardus, you can do that.  If you want to run Yndrasta + some battleline, you can do that.  If you want to run 2 squads of 6 annihilators, you can do that (in Knights-Excelsior only).  But the core of your army is going to be the Imperitant to give you the 7" landing zone, and some sort of shooting to blow away any screens (preferably with the double-tap capability) or take out key support units.  But until the annihilators are released and people start playing with them and competing, those flex slots are going to remain flex slots and individuals will need to determine what they want to play with in those slots.

41 minutes ago, readercolin said:

Gardus is an option that you can run.  You would probably want to take that third list and drop the celestant prime for him, and that also opens up some room for other units as well, as you would have 215 points to spare.  What you put in is really up to you, as it is definitely a flex spot.

Again, for the lists that I posted, you have a core of Imperitant, Relictor, Annihilators, and either judicators or vanguard raptors.  The rest of the list is flex spots, but you need to make sure that you achieve your 3 battleline units.  If you want to run Gardus, you can do that.  If you want to run Yndrasta + some battleline, you can do that.  If you want to run 2 squads of 6 annihilators, you can do that (in Knights-Excelsior only).  But the core of your army is going to be the Imperitant to give you the 7" landing zone, and some sort of shooting to blow away any screens (preferably with the double-tap capability) or take out key support units.  But until the annihilators are released and people start playing with them and competing, those flex slots are going to remain flex slots and individuals will need to determine what they want to play with in those slots.

Thanks alot. This is were  im at with My theorycraft: still 380 Pointe left,Any idea How to Fill them nice?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Hallowed Knights
- Grand Strategy: 
- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Lord-Imperatant (175)
Gardus Steel Soul (160)
Lord-Relictor (145)
- General
- Command Trait: High Priest  
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Spell: Celestial Blades
- Prayer: Translocation

Battleline
10 x Judicators with Skybolt Bows (400)
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Vindictors (130)
5 x Vindictors (130)

Units
6 x Annihilators with Meteoric Grandhammers (480)
- Reinforced x 1

Core Battalions
*Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Holy Command: Thunderbolt Volley
Holy Command: Unleash Thy Hatred

Total: 1620 / 2000

Edited by Erdemo86

I strongly reccomend bringing the Judicators up to full strength, for starters, to maximize your thunderbolt volley. They're not actually that impressive with only 10 men, especially compared to Longstrikes. That leaves you with 180 points. You could add another redeemer unit as screen your 600 point judicators, or if you want to support the boys dropping in, you might consider a stormstrike chariot; It's inexpensive, hits reasonably hard, and doesn't need much support.

Alternatively, between scions of the storm and the lord relictor, you have the support you need to run boltstorm crossbow judicators, who actually outperform any other Ranged unit we have against units without a 2+. That would give you 210 points to play with, which opens a lot more options

Edited by Squark

Question about Bastian Carthalos:

Can you use the ability "The Thunderborn" even if Bastian is in reserve?

The Thunderborn: 
"Once per turn, in your hero phase, you can pick 1 enemy unit on the battlefield and roll a number of dice equal to the Wounds characteristic of that unit. For each 6, that unit suffers 1 mortal wound."

I'm asking that because for instance the "Guided by Lightning" ability of the Lord-Imperatant specifically mentions "if any friendly units with this ability are on the battlefield" in the description.

4 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

The Thunderborn: 
"Once per turn, in your hero phase, you can pick 1 enemy unit on the battlefield and roll a number of dice equal to the Wounds characteristic of that unit. For each 6, that unit suffers 1 mortal wound."

I'm asking that because for instance the "Guided by Lightning" ability of the Lord-Imperatant specifically mentions "if any friendly units with this ability are on the battlefield" in the description.

It doesn't say its a command ability and it doesn't say he has to be on the battlefield so I guess not? It'll probably be a FAQ situation.

7 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

The Thunderborn: 

In AoS 2 there was an faq which stated that units in reserve couldn't use abilities at all (for instance, drycha couldn't pick her aspect if she was in reserve) but I am not sure it was reprinted in the 3.0 FAQs

How do you know when a list is good and when do need to make changes? so, I have played this list two times, I won one games and lost one with it, how many times do I need to play this list to determine if is good or bad? 

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)*
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Command Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
- Mount Trait: Celestial Instincts
Knight-Venator (175)**
Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)*
Lord-Relictor (145)*
- Prayer: Bless Weapons

Battleline
5 x Liberators (115)*
- Heavens-wrought Weapon and Shield
5 x Liberators (115)*
5 x Liberators (115)*
5 x Judicators with Skybolt Bows (200)*

Units
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (115)**
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Vanguard

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 97
Drops: 4

Edited by Andrethegreat

1 hour ago, Andrethegreat said:

Get these combined 👍

In answer to your question, depends really... I know that's not much help. What armies you playing against? Are their lists competitive/casual? Are they competitive/casual? 

I'm a big advocate of a list being as good as the player, to an extent. The more comfortable a player is with a list, the more they know it like the back of their hand, the more they'll win. I've a friend who runs a "non-meta" army and he has done for years. He knows his army, the game, and the opposition very well. Best player I know - never beaten him. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Get these combined 👍

In answer to your question, depends really... I know that's not much help. What armies you playing against? Are their lists competitive/casual? Are they competitive/casual? 

I'm a big advocate of a list being as good as the player, to an extent. The more comfortable a player is with a list, the more they know it like the back of their hand, the more they'll win. I've a friend who runs a "non-meta" army and he has done for years. He knows his army, the game, and the opposition very well. Best player I know - never beaten him. 

Thank you, for your feed, just checking. are you saying I should combined my judicators?    

2 hours ago, Andrethegreat said:

How do you know when a list is good and when do need to make changes? so, I have played this list two times, I won one games and lost one with it, how many times do I need to play this list to determine if is good or bad? 

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)*
- General
- Celestine Hammer
- Command Trait: Staunch Defender
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
- Mount Trait: Celestial Instincts
Knight-Venator (175)**
Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)*
Lord-Relictor (145)*
- Prayer: Bless Weapons

Battleline
5 x Liberators (115)*
5 x Liberators (115)*
5 x Liberators (115)*

Units
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Vanguard

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 97
Drops: 4

You need to analyse your games, even if you won. 

Ask yourself 3 simple questions: 

- What went well, and why?

- What went badly, and why?

- Would something be better if I changed a unit?

If you don‘t have enough arguments you need more games, if you know that things went badly but you don‘t know what to change you need more games. 

If you win everytime and have tons of reasons why you know your list is good.

Important note: Play different players and if you can, different areas.

If you always face the same guys and win all the time it may be that they are just not good at the game, so learning from those games is hard to impossible.

New people, new armies, new playstylew, new meta. Helps answering your 3 questions. 

Good Luck, I wouldn‘t play your list btw tbh. 
Takes 0 advantage of Hammers of Sigmar (eg Named Characters, Fulminators Battleline) and has little to no punch. 

If someone showed up with that list I knew I would win no matter what I play.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Andrethegreat said:

Be interested to hear what you think is good about it.  I have a love of Prosecutors but they dont seem to be as good this battletome sadly.

11 minutes ago, Liquidsteel said:

App has been updated with changes for several Stormcast units.

Cycle is just a Ward now, so thankfully the debate can be put to rest.

Only Behemoth dragons can take the -1 to Wound trait.

No movement after translocate.

My app stubbornly won't update... It's hanging on to translocation 🤣

I've even uninstalled and reinstalled... Nothing!

• Haha 2

I should just go all-out shooting until (surprisingly) un-nerfed stormdrake guard are available for sale. 

But hey, maybe people will think the likes of 5 knight-judicators list represent "healthier" meta, more so than lists with telporting paladins/dracothian guard. ;)

On a side note, I hop GW soon uploads FAQ containing all changes. It is quite time consuming to look through all the stormcast warscrolls.

Edited by Sagittarii Orientalis

New FAQ for Stormcasts and Orruk Warclans are available now.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#warhammer-age-of-sigmar

Apparently stormcasts using translocation to teleport and move a single unit at the same turn is unacceptable, but Warbosses using same command ability twice of thrice(with only the first command issued costing command point) is totally fine.

🙄

Edited by Sagittarii Orientalis
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1