Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

12 hours ago, Marcvs said:

It also looks like they're painted as anvils of the heldenhammer, which is kind of fun considering the specific FAQ on this point.

What was the FAQ? Did it have something to do with stormhosts being painted correctly or something? My army is painted as Anvils and I don't want to have any problems if I decide to run them as a different stormhost

37 minutes ago, DanteAlighieri said:

What was the FAQ? Did it have something to do with stormhosts being painted correctly or something? My army is painted as Anvils and I don't want to have any problems if I decide to run them as a different stormhost

If you run a different host to what you've painted, technically they're proxy models and you need permission to do so from your opponent or the TO. It's stupid and most round my way ignore it. Looks like Warhammer World do as well. 

Edited by lare2
  • Like 3

Great to see SC taking some top placements, and with fairly varied lists. I didn't think the tome had much power outside of translocation/paladins/fulminators, longstrikes and drakes, but it seems I was at least somewhat wrong.

Would be nice to finally have that FAQ land so we can over the doubt on translocation. Untill I know which way that is going, it's tough to commit to any lists and build/paint towards that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, feadair said:

And the Dracoths list is 5-0 in the Warhammer World.

i guess the dragons really are OP….

Its good that Ben was able to do so well with "oops all dracoths". I dont think its overly competitive, it can be dealt with under a competent opponent.

I think people werent ready for SCE power, theyre used to us not hitting hard/ not hitting at our weight. Maybe theyll start to consider other builds/tactis or get crushed under all that sigmarite.

10 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

I think people werent ready for SCE power, theyre used to us not hitting hard/ not hitting at our weight. Maybe theyll start to consider other builds/tactis or get crushed under all that sigmarite.

Or maybe people could cry sky is falling and demand immediate nerf on stormcasts.

How dare they win three tournaments after the release of their battletome!

🙄

Edited by Sagittarii Orientalis

21 minutes ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

Or maybe people could cry sky is falling and demand immediate nerf on stormcasts.

🙄

People have conditioned themselves into thinking they should never lose to marines/posterboy/ intro faction, makes them seethe.

common in 2.0, people expecting an easy win complaining out the butt when beat by SCE

Edited by jhamslam

3 hours ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

🙄

Ackshually, I think we have won FOUR two-day events in the last two weeks (Mancunian Carnage, Fantasia Fanatic XL, Warhammer World, London Open). That means Stormcast must have won roughly half of the big events in the last fortnight! What impresses me most is that all the winning lists have been quite different.

Edited by feadair

59 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Its good that Ben was able to do so well with "oops all dracoths". I dont think its overly competitive, it can be dealt with under a competent opponent.

He did face at least one very strong opponent, but I agree - the list looks pretty fluffy and seems to be designed to reflect the Extremis Chamber rather than fully optimised for a tourney.

A topic for a Stormkeep episode: strengths and weaknesses of the top SCE lists?

7 hours ago, Nordrim said:

I heard that some Hallowed knight list had performed well in some tournament, any chance that some decent chap or lassie could post any of the well performing hallowed knight lists?

I'm curious since I like the idea of using liberators and other redeemeers and make rather high model count stormcast army.

I posted it a few pages back. It came second in a tournament in Sweden.

12 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

The difference might be if translocate gets nerfed, then the imperatant and paladins might be the next thing for semi reliable alphas I guess, although I am more looking at a Ghur battle mage with wildform in that case I think. Will probably buy them though, they look awesome.

Wildform and Translocate on Fulminators is definitely a possibility, but it has its downsides. 

You have to go first and use it on your first turn. Otherwise, the super-fragile Ghur Battlemage will be killed off before he gets to cast Wildform. This requires you to go one-drop, and you must win the die roll against any other one-drop lists.

You have to spend Translocate on the first turn on the Fulminators. This means you cannot use it to get your Vanguard-Raptors or Judicators to a good shooting position for a turn one Thunderbolt Volley. Granted, you might not need it especially given the long range that the Raptors have, but if the enemy is able to hide behind terrain, this becomes really important.

Wildform has a fail chance. It is pretty small especially if in Ghur, but together with the chance of rolling below 7 on the charge it does add up. It is also susceptible to being unbound. 

Against this Grandhammer Annihilators do not have to come down on turn 1 and you not have to go first to use them effectively. They cannot really be disrupted (except by a battleplan that bans reserves). You do not need to spend the Translocate on them. They only have to succeed on the charge roll of 7 (since you obviously bring them with Imperatant), and get to reroll this without spending a command point. 

Edited by feadair

1 hour ago, feadair said:

Against this Grandhammer Annihilators do not have to come down on turn 1 and you not have to go first to use them effectively. They cannot really be disrupted (except by a battleplan that bans reserves). You do not need to spend the Translocate on them. They only have to succeed on the charge roll of 7 (since you obviously bring them with Imperatant), and get to reroll this without spending a command point. 

The Imperatant is of course tougher than the battle mage, but he is a big points sink (nearly double) and can also be killed like the mage. I think there needs to be 2 units of annihilators for the imperatant to make up for his big cost. If you still have translocate there are now 300 pts invested into "delivery mechanisms", which is a big deal too.

If running 6 raptors, I also think using a 6 man unit of annihilators will end up with a list that does not do many scenarios well, once they are down there, they are effectively squishy Gotreks, that the opponent will simply seek to avoid and move away from, while being far easier to kill. An unleash hell from 30 sentinels would basically kill 400 pts, so even at 480 for 6 and 175 for imperatant, they would need even more support to even get into combat alive, that is a steep investment. The fulminators work better on their own, and at least with 10" move they can get around the board after their initial commitment if need be.

I am sure we will see some cool lists though, perhaps sending down Gardus from the sky to support them, although keeping up the 12" will be a narrow fit in that case.

35 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

The Imperatant is of course tougher than the battle mage, but he is a big points sink (nearly double) and can also be killed like the mage. I think there needs to be 2 units of annihilators for the imperatant to make up for his big cost. If you still have translocate there are now 300 pts invested into "delivery mechanisms", which is a big deal too.

If running 6 raptors, I also think using a 6 man unit of annihilators will end up with a list that does not do many scenarios well, once they are down there, they are effectively squishy Gotreks, that the opponent will simply seek to avoid and move away from, while being far easier to kill. An unleash hell from 30 sentinels would basically kill 400 pts, so even at 480 for 6 and 175 for imperatant, they would need even more support to even get into combat alive, that is a steep investment. The fulminators work better on their own, and at least with 10" move they can get around the board after their initial commitment if need be.

I am sure we will see some cool lists though, perhaps sending down Gardus from the sky to support them, although keeping up the 12" will be a narrow fit in that case.

The good thing about Imperatant is that you can bring him down immediately before the Annihilators, so there is no window of opportunity for the enemy to take him out before he does his thing. Also, your own Raptors/Judicators get to shoot before any charges, hopefully seriously reducing any incoming Unleash Hell. 

But I do agree that the immobility of Annihilators after their initial Alpha strike is a big minus. They really have to earn (most of) their points on the turn they come down. Testing will be needed.

7 minutes ago, feadair said:

The good thing about Imperatant is that you can bring him down immediately before the Annihilators, so there is no window of opportunity for the enemy to take him out before he does his thing. Also, your own Raptors/Judicators get to shoot before any charges, hopefully seriously reducing any incoming Unleash Hell. 

But I do agree that the immobility of Annihilators after their initial Alpha strike is a big minus. They really have to earn (most of) their points on the turn they come down. Testing will be needed.

Yea I am not trying to say annihilators are bad, they hit like a ton of bricks and the built in mortal wounds from landing and charging and reroll charges is nice utility. Dropping in the imperatant with the annihilators is probably not the worst idea, so he can support them with commands, as they probably want to eat up a lot of command points for as long as they live. It also feels like Stormcast pay too many points for the support heroes to not use their decent attack profiles and saves to get stuck in with their units a bit...

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 11:25 PM, Dogmantra said:

The ballista got hosed with the new book.

The ballista is currently arguably worse than the Helstorm Rocket Battery from Cities. And nobody was running that even when you had the option to make them shoot twice turn 1.

In a book with a huge selection of good ranged options, the Ballista is just not appealing. Especially now in 3rd edition, where artillery faces the problem of not efficiently benefitting from command abilities because they are always single units.

1 hour ago, Gotz said:

I've done some collage putting vanquishers and vigilors in pairs. It looks like they have enough variation. 

image.png.ca00bb799099a87fe6fe8092da25c7c7.pngimage.png.37fce8d4c143252344bd7c9f6c07f1c9.png

Lush models. I'll be getting them but... man... I wish they had better rules. Doubt they'll be seeing a tabletop anytime soon. 

13 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Is there a Good anhilators list? Im experementing with something like 6 greathammer+imperatant+10 Judis.

None tournament proven (surprise surprise, since they aren't really out yet).  However, the core that most people have been looking at is the following:

Relictor
Imperitant
6 grandhammers
either 6 Longstrikes or 10-15 Judicators

rest of the army to taste.  Notable picks are going for Hammers of Sigmar and bringing a squad of 4 Fulminators, or going Knights Excelsior and having your annihilators count as battleline.  Some example lists:

Hammers:
Lord-Imperatant (175)
Lord-Relictor (145)
5 x Liberators (115)
5 x Liberators (115)
6 x Annihilators with Meteoric Grandhammers (480)
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (480)
4 x Dracothian Guard Fulminators (460)
Total: 1970 / 2000

Knights Excelsior:
Lord-Imperatant (175)
Lord-Relictor (145)
Knight-Incantor (125)
10 x Protectors (450)
15 x Judicators with Skybolt Bows (600)
Total: 1975 / 2000

Other Stormhost:
Lord-Imperatant (175)
Lord-Relictor (145)
Celestant-Prime (325)
5 x Liberators (115)
5 x Liberators (115)
5 x Liberators (115)
Total: 1950 / 2000

Any of the above lists is probably a decent place to start from, but you will quickly notice that if you bring annihilators, you want to bring the Imperitant, and if you bring longstrikes/judicators, you probably want to bring a relictor.  Additionally, the Relictor probably wants to be your general for high priest + translocation.  After that, it is really up to you how you want to fill out the rest of your list, but the stormhost you choose is really going to depend on what you want your battleline to be.  Finally, note that all of the above lists can fit into a battle regiment, so you need to make a choice on going 1 drop or running something like Warlord + hunters for an extra enhancement.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, readercolin said:

Lord-Imperatant (175)
Lord-Relictor (145)
Celestant-Prime (325)
5 x Liberators (115)
5 x Liberators (115)
5 x Liberators (115)

This is what I'm working towards but with Vindictors rather than Libs. 

4 hours ago, readercolin said:

None tournament proven (surprise surprise, since they aren't really out yet).  However, the core that most people have been looking at is the following:

Relictor
Imperitant
6 grandhammers
either 6 Longstrikes or 10-15 Judicators

rest of the army to taste.  Notable picks are going for Hammers of Sigmar and bringing a squad of 4 Fulminators, or going Knights Excelsior and having your annihilators count as battleline.  Some example lists:

Hammers:
Lord-Imperatant (175)
Lord-Relictor (145)
5 x Liberators (115)
5 x Liberators (115)
4 x Dracothian Guard Fulminators (460)
Total: 1970 / 2000

Knights Excelsior:
Lord-Imperatant (175)
Lord-Relictor (145)
Knight-Incantor (125)
10 x Protectors (450)
15 x Judicators with Skybolt Bows (600)
Total: 1975 / 2000

Other Stormhost:
Lord-Imperatant (175)
Lord-Relictor (145)
Celestant-Prime (325)
5 x Liberators (115)
5 x Liberators (115)
5 x Liberators (115)

Any of the above lists is probably a decent place to start from, but you will quickly notice that if you bring annihilators, you want to bring the Imperitant, and if you bring longstrikes/judicators, you probably want to bring a relictor.  Additionally, the Relictor probably wants to be your general for high priest + translocation.  After that, it is really up to you how you want to fill out the rest of your list, but the stormhost you choose is really going to depend on what you want your battleline to be.  Finally, note that all of the above lists can fit into a battle regiment, so you need to make a choice on going 1 drop or running something like Warlord + hunters for an extra enhancement.

is Gardus with Hallowed knights not Worth it in such Kind of list? 5+ ward looks strong, dropping him with scions near your annhilators?

Edited by Erdemo86