Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

6 hours ago, feadair said:

Ben Johnson (of Warhammer Design Studio) currently 3-0 with this list at Warhammer World (40 players):

image.jpeg.c5f15aea2f0361c05532ed8c9f23c17b.jpeg

Lucky he is allowed to play without a FAQ 😛 

This list seems like it will crumble to anything half decent in the current meta though. Try to engage a gargant army with this, do maybe 10 damage and then lose a unit of dracoths in return, repeat, while also not being able to contest any objective xD

2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

This list seems like it will crumble to anything half decent in the current meta though. Try to engage a gargant army with this, do maybe 10 damage and then lose a unit of dracoths in return, repeat, while also not being able to contest any objective xD

Actually I think this list can probably drop a mega a turn. If you mob one you’ve got 16 MWs plus the ~6.5 damage from buffed tempestors. That’s 22 damage before anything charges in.

Edit: 2 unbuffed Fulminators can likely drop a gargant if they charge after that.

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

It is currently 4-0, and has beaten Mega Gargants. LOL. Lots of unearned 'wisdom' in this thread...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, The World Tree said:

It is currently 4-0, and has beaten Mega Gargants. LOL. Lots of unearned 'wisdom' in this thread...

While I don’t think the list is bad by any measure, it’s worth bearing in mind that this is one of the actual rules writers, so skill and experience undoubtedly plays a part.

19 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

While I don’t think the list is bad by any measure, it’s worth bearing in mind that this is one of the actual rules writers, so skill and experience undoubtedly plays a part.

And the Dracoths list is 5-0 in the Warhammer World.

i guess the dragons really are OP….

• LOVE IT! 2

Another top-performing list (split the finals, I think) from London Open with 38 players:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Aventis Firestrike Magister of Hammerhal (325)*
- Spell: Celestial Blades
Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)*
Lord-Relictor (145)*
- General
- Command Trait: High Priest
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
- Prayer: Translocation

Battleline
2 x Dracothian Guard Fulminators (230)*
2 x Dracothian Guard Fulminators (230)*
5 x Vindictors (130)*

Units
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (480)*
- Reinforced x 1
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (240)*

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Additional Enhancements
Holy Command: Thunderbolt Volley

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 76
Drops: 1

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

I don't think he's a rule writer - rather oversees AOS in the studio. Certainly he is a skilled player with extra knowledge, but there are a lot of misconceptions about the Stormcast book from people who I've wagered have played very little with it. Better to approach things with an open mind. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

I don't think he's a rule writer - rather oversees AOS in the studio. Certainly he is a skilled player with extra knowledge, but there are a lot of misconceptions about the Stormcast book from people who I've wagered have played very little with it. Better to approach things with an open mind. 

Ben told me he isnt involved into rule writing but he has a lot of stuff to say about direction of the game and story line. He's also a pretty skilled player. Had the honor of meeting him @belgium 2 years ago

where he faced of against my buddy's khorne army with his Archaon. Can  tel you he's a pretty sweet player that knows what hes doing.

Edited by Juicy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, macrake said:

And they only say dragon princes in december. There is no mention of SDG. Wanna bet they're not coming this year?

In typical GW fashion (give the absolute bear minimum of information as late as possible), we have no idea.

Could mean they’ll follow next week, in December with the big dragons, or even later.

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Hold on a moment - I thought we all agreed that the rules writers do not have a clue 😉

6 minutes ago, feadair said:

Annihilators with Grandhammers in the Sunday preview. From a competitive standpoint, these guys seem huge.

They are cool, but there just does not seem to be much reason to bring them compared to fulminators. Both units hit like a ton of bricks, especially on the charge, but with fulminators you get a unit that is still very mobile later on with over twice the movement and also more wounds per point. 

The difference might be if translocate gets nerfed, then the imperatant and paladins might be the next thing for semi reliable alphas I guess, although I am more looking at a Ghur battle mage with wildform in that case I think. Will probably buy them though, they look awesome.

Vanquishers and Vigilors are so cool as well, but absolute garbage rules, such a shame.

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Looking at the Dracoths list, I do not think it is meant to be a fully optimised tournament list, like the Knights-Judicator list from last weekend was. It seems that there was a real attempt to reflect the lore with some of the selections, rather than min-max the hell out of everything. All the cooler that it was able to go 5-0.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

They are cool, but there just does not seem to be much reason to bring them compared to fulminators. Both units hit like a ton of bricks, especially on the charge, but with fulminators you get a unit that is still very mobile later on with over twice the movement and also more wounds per point. 

The difference might be if translocate gets nerfed, then the imperatant and paladins might be the next thing for semi reliable alphas I guess, although I am more looking at a Ghur battle mage with wildform in that case I think. Will probably buy them though, they look awesome.

Vanquishers and Vigilors are so cool as well, but absolute garbage rules, such a shame.

Yes, I agree that Grandhammer Annihilators will be especially important if there is a translocation nerf, but they probably have a niche even without it.
They do have a major advantage over Fulminators, though - they seem way easier to paint!

• Haha 1

SCE win Warhammer world:

Ben Johnson - Baddice - Warhammer Age of Sigmar Matched Play
- Mortal Realm: Aqshy
- Triumphs: Bloodthirsty
Lord-Celestant on Dracoth (215)*
- General
- Lightning Hammer & Thundershield
- Command Trait: Skilled Leader
- Artefact: Luckstone
- Mount Trait: Aetheric Swiftness
Thunderwave Echelon
2x Dracothian Guard Concussors (220)**
2x Dracothian Guard Desolators (220)**
Lightning Echelon
2x Dracothian Guard Fulminators (230)*
4 x Dracothian Guard Tempestors (440)*
- Reinforced x 1
*Battle Regiment
**Redemption Brotherhood
Total: 1995 / 2000
Wounds: 103
Drops: 2

SCE win London open:

image.png.1fe5127e4d1f87364b7cb81117d5bccf.png

3 big wins in as many weeks

WE META NOW BOYS

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

SCE win Warhammer world:

Ben Johnson - Baddice - Warhammer Age of Sigmar Matched Play
- Mortal Realm: Aqshy
- Triumphs: Bloodthirsty
Lord-Celestant on Dracoth (215)*
- General
- Lightning Hammer & Thundershield
- Command Trait: Skilled Leader
- Artefact: Luckstone
- Mount Trait: Aetheric Swiftness
Thunderwave Echelon
Lightning Echelon
4 x Dracothian Guard Tempestors (440)*
- Reinforced x 1
*Battle Regiment
**Redemption Brotherhood
Total: 1995 / 2000
Wounds: 103
Drops: 2

SCE win London open:

image.png.1fe5127e4d1f87364b7cb81117d5bccf.png

3 big wins in as many weeks

WE META NOW BOYS

Ackshually, I think it is four wins (in two-day events) in two weeks - you forget the Swedish Fantasia Fanatic XL.

• Like 1

I heard that some Hallowed knight list had performed well in some tournament, any chance that some decent chap or lassie could post any of the well performing hallowed knight lists?

I'm curious since I like the idea of using liberators and other redeemeers and make rather high model count stormcast army.