Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

9 hours ago, Sagittarii Orientalis said:

Funny to see TOs already assuming RAW translocation is unbalanced enough to warrant outright ban.ย 

Lumineth foxes were already moving 24" or 36" every turn. Ironjaws could move several units twice a turn. They can also combine Hand of Gork and Mighty Destroyers to essentially do what translocation does now.ย 

Such mobility tricks enjoyed by other factions are totally acceptable, but apparently not for the stormcast. I would not hesitate calling it ungrounded anti-stormcast bias.

Why preemtively ban something when they do not even know how actual games will turn out? Players could learn to adapt to it by more clever use of screening and timely Redeploy.

If the stormcasts with translocation as it is now do manage to absolutely dominate the podium for a considerable time, then I could understand TOs prohibiting its use.

As of now however, I think ban on translocation is premature and unwarranted. Stormcast already lost most of their mobility buffs for heavy hitters in the new battletome.

Stormcasts can no longer reliably run and charge every turn. And the holy order cannot be combined with automatic 6" run move command. Nor can stormcasts retreat and charge except for a single mount in the army. In fact, I am actually fine with translocation going away if stormcasts could earn their old knight heraldor back.๐Ÿคจ

Here I have preemptively made a list:

Nagash hurting himself with an endless spell, using Protection of Himself to teleport 9โ€ away, then moving 9โ€

Wind Spirits that move 24โ€ then 12โ€ in both players shooting phase

KO boats that can use a pregame move to fly high before the game starts

Hand of Gork Mawkrushas 12โ€ away then use mighty destroyers to move

kruleboyz teleporting monsters 9โ€ away before the game starts

Living Cities coming on from the table edge 9โ€ away, shooting, then moving

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

ย 

Strike and melt away (living city) still exists and you can use it with SCE units (like fulminators, stardrakes, or indeed SDG) with their 3+ save. Yes it does require a CP but it never fails, doesn't require a specific hero, and works after shooting, making it much easier to delete screens.

Yes, I'm not saying otherwise.

My point wasn't that "other armies" don't have tp+movement, my point was that other armies are using that type of teleports as their main feature because that's what they do.

Look at @PrimeElectridย post above, appart from Nagash (didn't know that trick btw):

• Wind Spirit: It's their Trick, that's what they do. They are designed to do that (btw, I don't like that... same with Mannfred teleport....).
  • KO Boats: An army that plays around that. Shooting and teleports. They don't have great dmg, no big rend (90% of their units have -1 rend and 4+ to hit...), no magic, no prayers, no monsters, etc...
  • Kruleboyz: Their tricks are about that, a few one-per-battle shenanigans with some conditionals or artefacts/traits. That's their whole point, one big play and done (appart from their venom weapons).
  • Living City trait: Exactly that, it's what their do, you take that subfaction because that DS.
Edited by Beliman
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Beliman said:

My point wasn't that "other armies" don't have tp+movement, my point was that other armies are using that type of teleports as the main feature becuase that's what they do.

Look at @PrimeElectridย post above, appart from Nagash (didn't know that trick btw):

• Wind Spirit: It's their Trick, that's what they do. They are designed to do that (btw, I don't like that... same with Mannfred teleport....).
  • KO Boats: An army that plays around that. Shooting and teleports. They don't have great dmg, no big rend (90% -1 rend with 4+ to hits...), no magic, no prayers, no monsters, etc...
  • Kruleboyz: Their tricks are about that, a few one-per-battle shenanigans with some conditionals or artefacts/traits. That's their whole point, one big play and done (appart from their venom weapons).
  • Living City trait: Exactly that, it's what their do, you take that subfaction because that DS.

And now Translocation is our thing, itโ€™s what we do.

Not really seeing your pointย 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beliman said:

My point wasn't that "other armies" don't have tp+movement, my point was that other armies are using that type of teleports as the main feature becuase that's what they do.

• KO Boats: An army that plays around that. Shooting and teleports. They don't have great dmg, no big rend (90% -1 rend with 4+ to hits...), no magic, no prayers, no monsters, etc...

And Stormcast that literally only has 1 noteable allegiance ability (except blowing up when they die) is to teleport form the heavens, thats what they do!

Is this some kind of fluff reasoning? If so I do not see how it is valid and how the lore does not support Stormcast to strike where needed, as that is exactly what they were intended to do by Sigmar himself. Outside the lore, there is no reason why they should not have such mobility. Ironjawz got great mobility army wide, not just as 1 trick, but overall so many cool options, yet Stormcast get TO blocked.

I don't buy it, and it seems petty actually, "darn those kids and their sigmarines, they get new rules? that will not stand in my halls!", most stormcast players have seen the types I am sure or talked with them. Can only see this as being bias based on an assumption on how old 2.0 rules worked, typically.

We can also thank GW for not releasing any FAQs in a timely manner, so we could finally put this discussion to bed one way or another at least and feel secure making/buying/painting up one competitive list or the other.

Edited by Scurvydog
  • Like 4

Krondys and Karazai both have the draconith keyword - can they have mount traits?

The Lord Aquilor doesn't have the gryph charger keyword despite having it listed as a mount, so he can't.

Seems like the faq should probably stipulate you should have a mount to get a trait?

36 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Krondys and Karazai both have the draconith keyword - can they have mount traits?

The Lord Aquilor doesn't have the gryph charger keyword despite having it listed as a mount, so he can't.

Seems like the faq should probably stipulate you should have a mount to get a trait?

And the poor Tauralon who RAW can't take a mount trait either

4 minutes ago, Squark said:

Hmm... I could swear I'd read of a specific exemption, but I can't find it. Maybe in the very briefly lived errata that was replace a month ago?

There was a brief period after 3.0 and before the latest errata where Mount Traits had no specific rules. You could do all kinds of whacky things like take the same mount trait multiple times on the same hero. The latest errata in September added this section which now prevents all that funny business:

image.png.abcc0794af5454330a9cb68ab6199a2a.png

In 2nd edition you could take mount traits on Uniques, but as far as I'm aware they have never been allowed on Uniques in 3rd edition because of 27.3.1. (Somebody please correct me if I am wrong)

Now every Enhancement has to specifically state they can be used by Uniques, like they do with spell lores.

Edited by PJetski

7 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

We've got a clear view of the Stormdrake bases now in the bat rep. I think it's the 105mm, definitely smaller than the Chariot on the 120mm.

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 1.09.19 PM.png

As they delayed this batrep a week... could it mean this sunday is the day?... nooo no no... hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

13 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

they seriously not update the app scroll... guess that's why they rolled out a beta

The announcement in the very beginning was (don't know if still there) was that the App will have the latest rules including changes made later (so should have priority over any written book)

So hard to tell which one is wrong, but I guess like in 40k ignoring the App and use Book+FAQ is what the community will do

Edited by Kodos der Henker
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Thereโ€™s an unverified and unsourced rumour going around that Stormdrakes will get a points hike in winter faq, a warscroll rewrite and celestial menagerie will change.

Also multiple people claiming sources tell them translocate will be nerfed.

A points hike I can understand, a warscroll rewrite would be saddening... especially since we really haven't even gotten to play with them yet. I hope they don't pull a KO Thunderers before the majority even get to test them out...ย