Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

Save stacking only devalues armor saves and enforces that everything is now about mortal wounds and ward saves. This is bad news for Stormcast, as units like annihilators pay a lot of points for that high save, yet has no use for it in many cases, with the most powerful units right now packign a lot of MW output, even at range.

The extreme amount of units with access to MW output has really thrown the armor save balance out of the window. Now also Kruleboyz entering the fray with MW output on 6s to hit. There is no counterplay to that and just melts expensive elite high save units. 

They should really have held back with all those MWs and kept them to abilities and spells and used dmg and rend for effects, such as lumineth getting 1 more rend and damage on 6s possibly, instead of just mortal wounds with no counterplay to it.

Play hammers of Sigmar. Stand within 12” of an objective (which is most of the board). Get a 6+.

• Thanks 1

I’m going to the Facehammer GT 2021 and unfortunately the new Stormcast book will not be out in time so I will be playing with my Stormcast army for the first time in 3.0 with the old book. I’m looking for advice on my list and what Subfaction to choose (or Staunch Defender!) Tempest Lords look good because of the command point generation and so many ways to spend them in 3.0. Also Astral Templars +1 to hit against monsters army wide may be good in the current meta. What would you choose?

Can’t decide on what to spend last 260 pts on. I was thinking either 5 Evocators on foot OR another Ballista and a Knight Incantor. Which would you choose?

My list is - 
Lord Arcanum on G Charger, 
Lord Ordinator, 
K-Azyros, 
3 x 5 Sequitors, 
3 Evocators on Dracolines, 
3 x Ballistas
, Bastiladon with Solar Engine. 

I know the Bastiladon is an odd choice but it’s a conversion and it is there as a centrepiece as much as anything else.

So a last hurrah for the AoS 2.0 Stormcast book! I’m thinking spam ballistas may be the only way to give me a fighting chance of winning a couple of games through dumb luck. Always outnumbered, never outgunned!

1 hour ago, Percivael said:

I’m going to the Facehammer GT 2021 and unfortunately the new Stormcast book will not be out in time so I will be playing with my Stormcast army for the first time in 3.0 with the old book. I’m looking for advice on my list and what Subfaction to choose (or Staunch Defender!) Tempest Lords look good because of the command point generation and so many ways to spend them in 3.0. Also Astral Templars +1 to hit against monsters army wide may be good in the current meta. What would you choose?

Can’t decide on what to spend last 260 pts on. I was thinking either 5 Evocators on foot OR another Ballista and a Knight Incantor. Which would you choose?

I'd go with some Annihilators, personally, but if you don't have them, then Evocators are still really good. I'd go with Staunch or Astral Templars, personally.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Percivael said:

My list is - 
Lord Arcanum on G Charger, 
Lord Ordinator, 
K-Azyros, 
3 x 5 Sequitors, 
3 Evocators on Dracolines, 
3 x Ballistas
, Bastiladon with Solar Engine. 

I know the Bastiladon is an odd choice but it’s a conversion and it is there as a centrepiece as much as anything else.

So a last hurrah for the AoS 2.0 Stormcast book! I’m thinking spam ballistas may be the only way to give me a fighting chance of winning a couple of games through dumb luck. Always outnumbered, never outgunned!

Id take annhilators, imperetant, incantors and Gotrek personally. 
Maybe 6 raptors 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

The extreme amount of units with access to MW output has really thrown the armor save balance out of the window. Now also Kruleboyz entering the fray with MW output on 6s to hit. There is no counterplay to that and just melts expensive elite high save units. 

Their damage and rend is general is kinda pathetic, easily weathered. They kinda need the MWs and beasties so im ok with it.

My problem with SCE wasnt that they were weak to MWs it was that a 4+ save made them weak to everything else too, chip damage, mass no rend damage etc

• Like 2

Duplicate mount traits are gone:

27.3 – Enhancements
Add the following rule:
27.3.8 MOUNT TRAITS
Some sets of allegiance abilities include mount traits. Each time you
take a mount trait enhancement, you can pick 1 mount trait and give
it to an eligible Hero in your army. A Hero cannot have more than
1 mount trait and an army cannot include duplicates of the same
mount trait.’

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Duplicate mount traits are gone:

27.3 – Enhancements
Add the following rule:
27.3.8 MOUNT TRAITS
Some sets of allegiance abilities include mount traits. Each time you
take a mount trait enhancement, you can pick 1 mount trait and give
it to an eligible Hero in your army. A Hero cannot have more than
1 mount trait and an army cannot include duplicates of the same
mount trait.’

They really need to reprint the entire Enhancements page, it's a hot mess

2 hours ago, Nizrah said:

They need to reprint entire corebook. 3.0 is hot mess with stacking ward again... 

If their plan is to fix ward-stacking with subsequent battletome releases, then yes; that ****** is going to ruin comp play for like a year...

• Sad 1

Tauralon stocks are pretty high right now. 5++ with amulet, 6++ as a Hammers general, 6++ steel pinions.

On top of the inherent 3+ save that he can self buff twice and still have a cast left over for arcane bolt.

And scores extra tactic VPs for being a monster.

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Tauralon stocks are pretty high right now. 5++ with amulet, 6++ as a Hammers general, 6++ steel pinions.

On top of the inherent 3+ save that he can self buff twice and still have a cast left over for arcane bolt.

And scores extra tactic VPs for being a monster.

Sure, but I'd rather hope all tournaments will just rule out the dpr stacking

I'm not picking up on the ward stacking. Can someone please point me to it?

Edit: found it. Doesn't that just ignore 14.3 of the core book? There it says, just use 1 ward but in the faq... you can just go mad. 

Edited by lare2

15 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Edit: found it. Doesn't that just ignore 14.3 of the core book? There it says, just use 1 ward but in the faq... you can just go mad. 

Its in the core rule FAQ.

Q: In section 14.3 of the core rules, ward rolls are made to negate a wound or mortal wound before it is allocated to a model. However, many units in the game have abilities that trigger when a wound or mortal wound is allocated to a friendly model. Can I use abilities that negate allocated wounds or mortal wounds after a ward roll?

A: Yes.

Edited by Drofnum
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, lare2 said:

It’s duuuuuuumb

Abilities that negate damage before the wound is allocated is a ward. However this only applies to new (3.0) wards. Old (2.0) damage prevention stuff applies when you allocate wounds, AFTER the ward wording.

They clearly forgot how old damage prevention works or that they haven’t updated all old damage prevention to the new  ward wording.

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PrimeElectrid said:

It’s duuuuuuumb

Abilities that negate damage before the wound is allocated is a ward. However this only applies to new (3.0) wards. Old (2.0) damage prevention stuff applies when you allocate wounds, AFTER the ward wording.

They clearly forgot how old damage prevention works or that they haven’t updated all old damage prevention to the new  ward wording.

Just playing catch up. See there's a thread under discussions section. 

Utter bs - can't imagine it will last. Gonna be a nightmare in the meantime though. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Champasaur said:

So one thing that had been confusing me:

Where had we seen that the new Stormkeeps do not get to use Scions of the Storm (deepstrike)? I had seen people talking about it but never found the ruling for myself.

Its in whichever broken realms book gave the stormkeep abilities.  Kragnos I believe?

38 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

Its in whichever broken realms book gave the stormkeep abilities.  Kragnos I believe?

Ah, I'm still relatively new to SCE and Stormkeeps were always something I had just rolled over. Thanks for pointing it out.

Edit: Would this also exclude Blaze of Glory? Or are we still not sure since that ability is still new?

Edited by Champasaur

5 minutes ago, Champasaur said:

Ah, I'm still relatively new to SCE and Stormkeeps were always something I had just rolled over. Thanks for pointing it out.

Edit: Would this also exclude Blaze of Glory? Or are we still not sure since that ability is still new?

We don't know about blaze of glory. even in a Stormkeep a stormcast would still be a stormcast so logically they should explode as well but only the new BT will tell us