Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

53 minutes ago, SugarWaterPurple said:

What is everyone's opinion of Stormstrike Chariots?  I am struggling with understanding how they fit into a conventional list given their weird point value.

Fast, durable and enough hitting. But most importantly its cheap and it doesnt need any buffs. 

• Like 1

Interestingly, I think the value of Vigilors might go up a bit in lower-point games.  Units that can cover multiple roles are more worthwhile when you have to be conservative with points, and the fact that they could shoot a unit and then charge in and benefit from their own +1 bonus in the combat phase dies have some value.

They're still not an "optimal" unit, but not completely without value either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Horizons said:

Holdyourground.pdfWas wondering if anyone has any advice on what could be added to round out this list? Looking to play a redeemer heavy lists that sits on objectives.

Was thinking I could bring in a Lord-Celestant on Stardrake with Amulet of Destiny/Drakescale Armour to tie up key threats. My output would be an issue though I think. Any other thoughts?

IMG_20211006_121539.jpg.530c08c0856e9249dbaecec0e25a84ad.jpg

Some shooting probably wouldn't go amiss. You've the points for judis or raptors. 

2 hours ago, Horizons said:

I edited it. Hopefully it's clearer.

Jist of the list is Gardus with Praetors. Lord-Arcanum on Gryph Charger, 2 Stormstrike Chariots and 20 Vindictors. (10 Man, 2x 5 man).

Chariots feel like a good tool to pin people in 3+ save with -1 to hit. They also look great.

List feels weird without a priest :P adding some ranged as well will cap this list off

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

Interestingly, I think the value of Vigilors might go up a bit in lower-point games.  Units that can cover multiple roles are more worthwhile when you have to be conservative with points, and the fact that they could shoot a unit and then charge in and benefit from their own +1 bonus in the combat phase dies have some value.

They're still not an "optimal" unit, but not completely without value either.

I'll definitely take one unit in my stormcast vanguard army. Even if they don't have the vanguard keyword they fit perfectly thematic wise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SchleuderMann2 said:

if i give the knight incantor the Master of magic general trait, can i then first try to unbind normally and use its auto unbind for the reroll? 

I’d say no. The Voidstorm scroll is instead of rolling, so once you’ve decided to make the roll you are already past the point of being able to use it.

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

I’d say no. The Voidstorm scroll is instead of rolling, so once you’ve decided to make the roll you are already past the point of being able to use it.

I second that, the warscroll explicitly says to not make a roll.

28 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

No FAQ today, go out this weekend and lay low the tyrants with unnerfed Translocation. 

Phew, I was worried the FAQ would be released before our video about what to expect from the FAQ... which I just posted 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tom Mawdsley, a well-known UK tournament player, is currently 3-0 in Mancunian Carnage with this list:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals - Stormhost: Celestial Warbringers (Stormkeep) - Grand Strategy: Hold the Line - Triumphs: Inspired Leaders Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)** - General - Command Trait: Master of Magic - Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact) - Spell: Azyrite Halo Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)* Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)* Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)* Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)** - Artefact: Luckstone Celestant-Prime (325)** Battleline 5 x Liberators (115)* - Heavens-wrought Weapon and Shield 5 x Liberators (115)* - Heavens-wrought Weapon and Shield 5 x Vindictors (130)* Units 1 x Hurakan Spirit of the Wind (265)* - Allies Endless Spells & Invocations The Burning Head (20) Core Battalions *Battle Regiment **Command Entourage - Magnificent Additional Enhancements Holy Command: Call for Aid Total: 1995 / 2000 Reinforced Units: 0 / 4 Allies: 265 / 400 Wounds: 78 Drops: 4

14 hours ago, feadair said:

Tom Mawdsley, a well-known UK tournament player, is currently 3-0 in Mancunian Carnage with this list:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals - Stormhost: Celestial Warbringers (Stormkeep) - Grand Strategy: Hold the Line - Triumphs: Inspired Leaders Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)** - General - Command Trait: Master of Magic - Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact) - Spell: Azyrite Halo Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)* Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)* Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)* Knight-Judicator with Gryph-Hounds (205)** - Artefact: Luckstone Celestant-Prime (325)** Battleline 5 x Liberators (115)* - Heavens-wrought Weapon and Shield 5 x Liberators (115)* - Heavens-wrought Weapon and Shield 5 x Vindictors (130)* Units 1 x Hurakan Spirit of the Wind (265)* - Allies Endless Spells & Invocations The Burning Head (20) Core Battalions *Battle Regiment **Command Entourage - Magnificent Additional Enhancements Holy Command: Call for Aid Total: 1995 / 2000 Reinforced Units: 0 / 4 Allies: 265 / 400 Wounds: 78 Drops: 4

Yeah I saw this! 2 of us other SCE players are currently 2-0-1 / 2-1 running different things too; one list with 25 judicators and 9 castigators and mine being:

LAoCD
Relictor (general)
Knight Incantor
Lord Ordinator

2 x 5 Libs
1 x 5 Vindictors
2 x 5 Evocators
1 x 3 Evokitties
2 x Ballista

Running Call to Aid in a Hammers of Sigmar Stormkeep

For the record; even if I lose both games tomorrow, I'm over the moon to have nabbed 2 wins in my first 5 game tourney!

Edited by RedemptionUK
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

the 2x Liberators; 1x Vindictors as battleline is based on tight points, isn´t it? Or is there any advantage of using Liberators instead of Vindictors?

There is an advantage in a subtle way, but mostly it's a matter of points.

You will almost never be using AOD on an MSU unit of libs or vindictors, so their survivability is the same.

Vindictors are slightly better offensively. But only if all their models are alive. Liberators have the advantage that much of their dmg is in the prime and lay low the tyrants, which means they can lose 4 models and still do a good portion of their damage.

Personally I'll take liberators every time, unless reinforcing the vindictors or playing hallowed knights. Even with some points left over, I'd rather go for a triumph.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, macrake said:

Personally I'll take liberators every time, unless reinforcing the vindictors or playing hallowed knights. Even with some points left over, I'd rather go for a triumph.

Is there a big difference between Libs with hammers and Libs with swords? I much more prefer the sword bearing ones due to modelling reasons.

14 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

Is there a big difference between Libs with hammers and Libs with swords? I much more prefer the sword bearing ones due to modelling reasons.

Hammers are fragile and easy to broke. So I think that swords are better. Especially that weapon profile is the same.

Edited by Nozdormu

36 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

There is no difference in the rules between swords or hammers. The only difference is shield cs no shield