Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

13 hours ago, PJetski said:

The best list I have seen out of the new book so far is 6 Raptors + 10 Protectors in Hallowed Knights.

I've been chopping and changing to get a list that works with this - do you remember what the rest of the list included? Thanks in advance. 

Only me who does not even dare to buy any models to make lists, even without the new models, in case the FAQ does change the relictor? I am in no way confident it will not be changed again from what it is now, which will completely bust most of the ideas presented here, because how great will most lists be without the Relictor?

The only goto I can see then is something like 6 longstrikes/15 judis + 6 annihilators with hammers + imperatant, that would be the only way to get units across the field somewhat efficiently, even if the 7+ reroll charge is not that reliable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PJetski said:

Gardus
Relictor
Incantor
Tauralon

6 Raptors
10 Protectors
Libs
Libs
Libs

My personnal tournament list hits very close from yours PJetski:

Tauralon
relictor
incantor

6 raptors
4 concussors
2 stormdrakes
2x5 libs

The question i have is the following: do you think Gardus and his 5+ ward is worth losing the one drop army?
Most of the DPS will be done by the raptors, the concussors (and in your list the protectors) will be thrown into enemy lines for maximum annoyance and key target destruction but i'm not so sure about this.

You probably justify him by the fact that you already need to get both "thunderous volley" and "unleash thy hatred" (and you would need a wardlord batallion for that anyway) but could you explain your thoughts in building this? I'm very curious to know what was the thought process behind all this.

Thanks buddy :).

9 minutes ago, jeanfluflu said:

My personnal tournament list hits very close from yours PJetski:

Tauralon
relictor
incantor

6 raptors
4 concussors
2 stormdrakes
2x5 libs

The question i have is the following: do you think Gardus and his 5+ ward is worth losing the one drop army?
Most of the DPS will be done by the raptors, the concussors (and in your list the protectors) will be thrown into enemy lines for maximum annoyance and key target destruction but i'm not so sure about this.

You probably justify him by the fact that you already need to get both "thunderous volley" and "unleash thy hatred" (and you would need a wardlord batallion for that anyway) but could you explain your thoughts in building this? I'm very curious to know what was the thought process behind all this.

Thanks buddy :).

If you have 6 raptors and Translocation you dont really have to care if you go first or second. If they force you to go first you can take a strong defensive position, score some easy battle tactics, and prepare for a double turn while still sniping down key units with Raptors.

If they make you go second you should be able to weather their turn 1 damage and counterattack. If you keep your hammer units (raptors + dracoths/paladins) alive and get a double turn then you will probably win.

I would only care about 1 drop deployments if I needed to guarantee going first for some reason, like Translocating 9 Grandhammers/15 Protectors for an alpha strike

Edited by PJetski
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

A lot of people seem to agree with you about the Tauralon, I cannot find one on ebay at all now

I just really do not see the potential of this thing. +1 to hit can be done so easily elsewhere and otherwise it is the worst possible caster and the worst monster combined into one. At about the same cost you could get Bastian, Yndrasta or Celestant Prime, all of those i my opinion brings so much more to the army.

I am happy for anyone enjoying it, it is a very interesting piece, but it is just too generalist to really do much of anything or be a threat to anyone I think. But guess we will see once tournament results pop up with the new book.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I just really do not see the potential of this thing. +1 to hit can be done so easily elsewhere and otherwise it is the worst possible caster and the worst monster combined into one. At about the same cost you could get Bastian, Yndrasta or Celestant Prime, all of those i my opinion brings so much more to the army.

I am happy for anyone enjoying it, it is a very interesting piece, but it is just too generalist to really do much of anything or be a threat to anyone I think. But guess we will see once tournament results pop up with the new book.

well his +1 to hit stays until your next hero phase which is huge if you can position yourself properly (potentially impacting 2 or 3 of your units for the rest of the turn, and your opponent turn.

He's the carrier of "celestial menagerie" to me as well, giving -1 to get wounded to himself and the drakes, he's a monster and he has cycle of the storm (stay close to your drake for the sweet 19 dices to roll when one of them dies.

Give him the drakescale armor and he can also play the role of the anvil, sure he does not kills a lot but he can stop by himself lots of damages coming from heavy hitters.

for sure the others brings a lot to the table too but i just like this man :)

4 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I actually LOVE the weird face, one of the models I was going to buy in 2.0 before the rumors of newcast started happening. also learned if you use the kit as Aventis you can make the LAoF with leftover parts, so it still seems like a great deal for a hero kit

the box let you build both yes :) thanks GW

36 minutes ago, jeanfluflu said:

for sure the others brings a lot to the table too but i just like this man :)

Yea it is not terrible at all, I just find it lacks some focus. If bringing Stormdrakes a Knight Draconis is both cheaper and deals for more damage, with double tap ability as well for drakes and spell ignores.

I also fear the FAQ on behalf of this guy. The part of cycle of the storm that stakes the model does not count as being slain, I really think is intended to stop Blaze of Glory, as that requires a model to be slain and I belive the -intention- is that the model should not count as being slain in the first place at any point. I am hope the FAQ will clear this up regardless to remove any doubt.

I don't get why he lost 2 spells, that really did not seem to be overpowered at all, I'd rather see him being more expensive and with 2 casts and a +1 modifier or something, or if the base Tauralon was basically what Aventis is, to still allow for customization. 

Wonder if GW will delay the FAQs as well several weeks, seeing how slow releases are going.

2 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Yea it is not terrible at all, I just find it lacks some focus. If bringing Stormdrakes a Knight Draconis is both cheaper and deals for more damage, with double tap ability as well for drakes and spell ignores.

I also fear the FAQ on behalf of this guy. The part of cycle of the storm that stakes the model does not count as being slain, I really think is intended to stop Blaze of Glory, as that requires a model to be slain and I belive the -intention- is that the model should not count as being slain in the first place at any point. I am hope the FAQ will clear this up regardless to remove any doubt.

I don't get why he lost 2 spells, that really did not seem to be overpowered at all, I'd rather see him being more expensive and with 2 casts and a +1 modifier or something, or if the base Tauralon was basically what Aventis is, to still allow for customization. 

Wonder if GW will delay the FAQs as well several weeks, seeing how slow releases are going.

yeah i agree he deserves the 2 casts.

What made him brutal for a short period of time was the flasks/monstrous rampage/charge/arcane bolt combo that allows you to deal between 6 and 10 MW before he even fight :D

They removed the flasks for everyone, removed the charge MW bonus as well so i guess he could cast 2 spells at least.
I hope he got his mount trait as well, i'd hate to see him get done dirty like this and i hope it's a mistake.

Played a 1k tourney practice game today,

my list was:

Lord Arcanum with Master of magic and Arcane Tome (WB)

Knight Vexillior with Meteoric standard (WB)

Knight Questor with Hammer of Might (WB)

Liberators with dual weapons Prime with grand weapon (RB)

Liberators with dual weapons Prime with grand weapon (RB)

Sequitors with 2x Maces and Prime with Mace (WB)

Evocators with Swords Prime had a Grandstave (RB)

Holy Commandment: Call for Aid

Hammers of Sigmar

Warlord Battalion (WB) (extra artefact)

Redemption Brotherhood (RB)

My opponent's list:

Ogroid Thing

Changeling

Soul Grinder

Pink horrors x2

We had Apex Predator (I think? The one with three objectives that characters can only hold) I got first turn and went for two objectives with my KQ and a unit of Libs on one, the centre I positioned my evocators in front of my LA with Sequitors holding the rear but slightly left of the LA to prevent getting charged without support, I hit his Ogroid, Grinder, Changeling and one unit of horrors with the standard and spread a few wounds across them, I sent my KV and the last unit of Libs towards the last objective. advancing meant I held two objectives and was in charge range of the third for his turn he rushed up, his Ogroid took the objective I couldn't and the changeling went with the grinder and a unit of horrors to knock me off the centre, magically he couldn't get a spell off and shooting was terrible so he charged his grinder into my LA but brought himself into range of my Evos and Seqs, he hit hard knocking my LA down to one wound before getting my evos pile in stripped wounds away and lightning arced his changeling to nothingness the sequitors and LA knocked the grinder down to a couple of wounds and pink horrors piled in to the Evos dragging one down.

Turn 2 I get priority and Thunderclap the Horrors followed up with an arcane bolt that destroyed the grinder freeing my LA and Seqs from combat, my Evocators cast empower on the libs closest to the Ogroid and the seqs moved up ready to charge him also the LA steps back just in case, the KQ and the other libs move in to take on the horrors so I can clear my right flank and push up on his last horrors and Ogroid. Evo's, KQ and libs attack the horrors and shred them over the next two combat phases, the sequitors and other libs charge to strike the Ogroid, by the end of turn 2 the Ogroid has 1 wound remaining but had destroyed the libs and with the help of the 2nd unit of horrors wiped the seqs which I utilised Call for Aid to bring them back ready to move up and charge the Ogroid again.

Turn 3 I keep priority again allowing my LA to buff the Seqs with Celestial Blades, debuff the Horrors with Thunderclap and the Evo's to empower themselves. his Ogroid heroic recovers one wound, my LA is back up to 6 I charge with Seqs, Evos, Libs and KQ (the benefits of the vexillior can't be ignored) everyone bar the Seqs crash into the wall of horrors the Seq crash into the Ogroid, I channel weapons and take slay the warlord, my opponent concedes immediately to save himself having to remove and replace horrors as I beat them into a pulp.

Honestly this books feels really good, you don't feel like an instant win but you definitely have flexible and strong choices available, this was my first outing with the new book and it felt refreshing that units played a role and that I was limited to certain specific choices to be playable

• Like 1

So, first list with the new battletome. Idea is to work around the 'redeemer' and sacrosanct units. Using the hallowed knights theme to let them fight, even when going down. Redeemer, knight incantor and vexilor will cover the center and move up. 

The evocators on foot will drop in the back line and use the translocation first. Evocats will move up the board with the Lord Arcanum on Gryph teleporting where needed. Afterwards, translocation can be used to reposition ballista. 

I feel like I use too many batallions and it are a lot of drops.. 

Army Type: Stormkeep
Subfaction: Hallowed Knights
Battlepack: Pitched Battles
Points Limit: 2000 pts
General: Lord-Relictor
Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
Triumph: Bloodthirsty
Holy Commands: Call for Aid
Core Battalions
    Command Entourage
        Knight-Incantor
            Spells: Azyrite Halo