Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

33 minutes ago, TheGrayKing said:

I can reinforce one of the Hunter units once with what I currently have and was kind of thinking that, I also have Annihilators that I was thinking about adding in and selecting Scions as my army ability so I can deepstrike them in.

I could fit a unit of dragons and they do look pretty awesome but I most likely won't be able to buy dragons when they initially release.

agreed on reinforcing Hunters. maybe a Castellant for some more staying power? I'd probably pick Scions unless Hunters retained their astral compass teleport

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

agreed on reinforcing Hunters. maybe a Castellant for some more staying power? I'd probably pick Scions unless Hunters retained their astral compass teleport

As far as I know Hunters can teleport instead of making a normal move but no longer have the set up off the table.

Krondys uses his spell to reduce enemy save rolls by 1

Ally Skink Starseer casts Control Fate to reduce enemy save rolls by 1

Lord-Arcanum casts Geminids (re-rolling with command trait) and moves it an extra 6" to prevent enemy from using All Out Defence

Every weapon is now effectively +3 Rend against that target

• Like 2

small aside but I am really sad that they didn't do anything with the STORMKEEP keyword. I can't find a single mention of the keyword in the BT (apart from the initial rule). CoS units in SCE remain essentially allies plus enhancements minus points limit, so much different than all the interesting stuff you can do with SCE in CoS

Anvilstrike is dead

Long live Hallowedstrike

Gardus
Yndrasta
Knight-Incantor (Azyrite Halo)
Lord-Relictor (General: High Priest, Translocation, Arcane Tome: Celestial Blades)
6x Longstrike Raptors
10x Protectors (4x Starsoul)
5x Vindictors
5x Liberators
5x Liberators

2000/2000

Need a Warlord battalion to get both Unleash Thy Hatred and Thunderbolt Volley holy commands

Not 100% sure about Yndrasta but her revive seems really good

Edit: Made some errors in points, will fix

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Anvilstrike is dead

Long live Hallowedstrike

Gardus
Yndrasta
Knight-Incantor (Azyrite Halo)
Lord-Relictor (General: High Priest, Translocation, Arcane Tome: Celestial Blades)
6x Longstrike Raptors
10x Protectors (4x Starsoul)
5x Vindictors
5x Liberators
5x Liberators

2000/2000

Need a Warlord battalion to get both Unleash Thy Hatred and Thunderbolt Volley holy commands

Not 100% sure about Yndrasta but her revive seems really good

Looks like fun to me! Some people have been hating on Yndrasta, but I think she's been misunderstood. She's not a melee beatstick like Prime is, and I made that mistake at first too. She's a support piece who has the ability to counterpunch pretty hard. In the right list I definitely think she's worth it.  

Bo Jackson (Bastian) is our new 300 point melee beatstick/anti Garg/anti Archy tech. Drop some Praetors with him and go ham.

2 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Guys i have one question. Can you combine the bodyguard ability of praetors with a ward save? Or does it allready count as ward?

No, any ability that rolls a dice to ignore a wound for any reason counts as a Ward

Any ability that transfers a wound can't be used alongside a Ward

Edited by PJetski

Important to note, I don’t wanna play too competitive considering none of my local players are building tournament tier armies. So I took some units because I think they are neat :)

Hammers of Sigmar Stormkeep
Warlord & Vanguard Battalions                 Holy Commands: Call for Aid & Thundeous Volley

• Knight-Judicator (205) (general, don’t know command trait yet)
  • Lord-Relictor (145) (translocation, mirror shield)
  • Yndrasta, The Celestial Spear (320)
  • Knight-Incantor (125)

• Vindictors x10 (260)
  • Vindictors x5 (130)
  • Vindictors x5 (130)
  • Vigilors x5 (195)
  • Raptor-Longstrike x6 (480)

5 minutes ago, Champasaur said:

Important to note, I don’t wanna play too competitive considering none of my local players are building tournament tier armies. So I took some units because I think they are neat :)

Hammers of Sigmar Stormkeep
Warlord & Vanguard Battalions                 Holy Commands: Call for Aid & Thundeous Volley

• Knight-Judicator (205) (general, don’t know command trait yet)
  • Lord-Relictor (145) (translocation, mirror shield)
  • Yndrasta, The Celestial Spear (320)
  • Knight-Incantor (125)

• Vindictors x10 (260)
  • Vindictors x5 (130)
  • Vindictors x5 (130)
  • Vigilors x5 (195)
  • Raptor-Longstrike x6 (480)

This looks fun and not bad. I'd make the Relictor your General and give him High Priest if you don't need anything else specific. You have enough Vindictors to not need the Vigilors to be battleline.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

Edit: Made some errors in points, will fix

Here's my second attempt

Hallowstrike - Hallowed Knights / Scions

Gardus
Incantor (Azyrite Halo)
Lord-Relictor (Translocation, CT: Reroll prayers, Arcane Tome: Celestial Blades)
Lord-Arcanum on Tauralon (Chain Lightning, Mount: Celestial Instincts)

5x Liberators
5x Liberators
5x Liberators
10x Protectors (Unleash Thy Hatred)
6x Longstrikes (Thunderous Volley)

1990/2000

Need Warlord battalion for the 2nd Holy Command

Was torn between Tauralon or something like Castigators x6 + Aetherwings, or an Endless Spell like Geminids/Shackles/Lifeswarm. Decided on the Tauralon for his speed, synergy with Saintly Assault, +1 Hit boost, Mount Trait, and MONSTER.

27 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Here's my second attempt

Gardus
Incantor (Azyrite Halo)
Lord-Relictor (Translocation, CT: Reroll prayers, Arcane Tome: Celestial Blades)

5x Liberators
5x Liberators
5x Liberators

1990/2000

Was torn between Tauralon or something like Castigators x6 + Aetherwings, or an Endless Spell like Geminids/Shackles/Lifeswarm. Decided on the Tauralon for his speed, synergy with Saintly Assault, +1 Hit boost, Mount Trait, and MONSTER.

I dig it. Might give it a try sometime as I have everything I'd need for it. Never got to use the Tauralon much so that's a nice bonus.

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Here's my second attempt

Gardus
Incantor (Azyrite Halo)

5x Liberators
5x Liberators
5x Liberators

1990/2000

Wait can the Tauralon take Mount traits?? I read somewhere that the Tauralon isn’t listed under the Mount trait creatures entry. I haven’t gotten any definitive answer yet

18 minutes ago, DanteAlighieri said:

Wait can the Tauralon take Mount traits?? I read somewhere that the Tauralon isn’t listed under the Mount trait creatures entry. I haven’t gotten any definitive answer yet

Wow so it would seem. It lists Stardrake, Draconith, Dracoth, Dracoline, and Gryph-Charger. Hopefully that's something to be errata'd.

16 minutes ago, Xeperi said:

Wow so it would seem. It lists Stardrake, Draconith, Dracoth, Dracoline, and Gryph-Charger. Hopefully that's something to be errata'd.

facepalm.gif.d8b90c416d0bc88195d5b2835014c175.gif

God damnit GW

Everyone please email GW and ask about this 

AoSFAQ@gwplc.com
Edited by PJetski
  • Haha 4

I'm massively disappointed with the Stormcast book. I've been waiting years for my Soul Wars sacrosanct army to become playable and sadly that will never be the case. With overpriced units and weak warscrolls I can't see a way for the army to meaningfully play against Lumineth, Seraphon etc. I want to play this game but the risk that any army I buy will get neutered in a future book (re Sylvaneth and Slaanesh) is really holding me back.

On an unrelated note I have a stormcast army that is up for sale and painted nicely, PM me if interested

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think the overall goal, and power level of the new books are pretty good. The only shame is that we'll have to wait years for other armies to be updated to follow the same game design. Even then, how much power creep will we we see? Armies like Lumineth will still be disgusting, and by the time they get a new book, power creep will mean they're still disgusting.

Also first forging Stormcast was really bad, now it's Sacrosanct's turn sadly as GW perpetually wants people to buy new stuff. Firstly, sacrosanct was good to get people to buy that, plus the starter sets, now all the people with Sacrosanct armies are left getting first-forging or thunderstrike units. It sucks, but maybe one day my Sacrosanct will be good again.

32 minutes ago, Lengthster said:

It sucks, but maybe one day my Sacrosanct will be good again.

If Paladins can make a comeback, Sacrosanct definitely will. I think with so many units and warscrolls it's bound to be cyclical, and being THE army that cycle is fairly rapid. Stick around, enjoy the new stuff, and wait for the old stuff to get reborn. 

7 minutes ago, Lengthster said:

Yeah Warhammer is definitely a long-term hobby, armies get better and worse with new releases and it takes hours to paint your stuff so you just have to roll with it.

Exactly this. I just keep rolling with Stormcast releases and there's always some list that's at least decent. I love Vanguard but it has had very brief days in the sun. :)

5 hours ago, PJetski said:

Here's my second attempt

Gardus
Incantor (Azyrite Halo)

5x Liberators
5x Liberators
5x Liberators

1990/2000

What is the gameplan for the list?