Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

5 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Ok thx, how can I see if a monster is behemut or not?

It's on the Army List, at the back of the Battletome or in the General's Handbook. 

3 minutes ago, Xeperi said:

It's a keyword on their warscroll.

Again, Monster is the one on the Warscroll, Behemoth is different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, frenk_castle said:

Looking at video reviews online I noticed Prosecutors with Javelins seem to not give Prime option to take a Trident. The prime rules says:

Add 1 attack to the Primes Storm Javelin.

So you either can not give Prime a Trident or if you do you do not get that extra attack. Seems like I will need to do some arms cutting on my prosecutors.

don't do that, it's an FAQ waiting to happen... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So on first blush, I was really disappointed in the Oldcast rules, minus the Paladins. They really took a nerf bat to a lot of things for no reason (I'm looking at you, Heraldor).

But on further review, Liberators (and Redeemers in general) are really really good in Stormkeeps. Even the poster boy for Ridiculously Overpointed Models, Vandus, got a points reduction and seems like he would be a lot of fun to build a Redeemer spam list around. Something like:

Stormkeep

Hammers of Sigmar

Relictor

Vandus

Yndrasta

10x Judicators

10x Libs

15x Vindictors

10x Sequitors

1985 points

You can have your entire army basically BS immune, counting as a zillion models on objectives,  Yndrasta returning models, with Vandus giving extra attacks, everybody has Ward on objectives and dealing MWs to chargers.

Seems really fun to play if nothing else. :)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LordPrometheus said:

So on first blush, I was really disappointed in the Oldcast rules, minus the Paladins. They really took a nerf bat to a lot of things for no reason (I'm looking at you, Heraldor).

From the oldest models I think everything except Azyros (gutted), Venator (not touched lol), Heraldor (gutted) is better. Even a lord celestant on food is better because he can deal some dmg xD. 

1 minute ago, Nizrah said:

From the oldest models I think everything except Azyros (gutted), Venator (not touched lol), Heraldor (gutted) is better. Even a lord celestant on food is better because he can deal some dmg xD. 

Well my expectations were more on the "fantasy Custodes revamp" side LOL, That's totally my fault, I know. But overall I'm happy with the book now. I hope we don't get power crept into oblivion this edition like happened last time.

• Thanks 1

10 Protectors with 4 Starsoul Maces do ~7 mortals and ~9 damage to 3+ saves every combat phase
Unleash Thy Hatred doubles the mortal wounds from ~7 to ~14 (!) and increases the Glaive damage from 9 to 11

If you play Knights Excelsior you can take 15 Protectors with 6 Starsoul maces. These do 10 mortal wounds every combat phase, or 20 with UTH active (!!) and 14/16 damage from the Glaives

They are also 3 wounds each with a constant 2+ save

Protectors slap

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PJetski said:

10 Protectors with 4 Starsoul Maces do ~7 mortals and ~9 damage to 3+ saves every combat phase
Unleash Thy Hatred doubles the mortal wounds from ~7 to ~14 (!) and increases the Glaive damage from 9 to 11

If you play Knights Excelsior you can take 15 Protectors with 6 Starsoul maces. These do 10 mortal wounds every combat phase, or 20 with UTH active (!!) and 14/16 damage from the Glaives

Protectors slap

they have everything: great rend, all the good keywords, a native bonus to save, 3" range.
put them side to side with annihilators with great hammers and you have two very frightening units that your opponent will fear every day of the week.

27 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Protectors slap

they're also the best looking paladin unit ;) maybe I do need a box of them...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

6 Annihilators with Grandhammers using Unleash Thy Hatred will do an average of ~17 wounds to a 2+/5+ in one turn 

If you can give them +1 hit their damage goes over 20

Do they have 2'' range? Otherwise i think we can get only 4 in combat, and 2 standing in second row for coherency 

So after finally getting a chance to watch one of the battletome videos this is going to be the core of my list, I just don't know what to add to fill it out to 2000 points. Any suggestions on what to add are welcome, I know Vanguard aren't competitive and I'm probably not going to win a ton of games but the movement shenanigans seems like a ton of fun and will hopefully catch some of my opponents off guard.

Astral Templars

Yndrasta

Knight-Incantor

Knight-Vexillor w/Banner

Lord-Veritant

5 Vanguard-Hunters

5 Vanguard-Hunters

3 Vanguard-Palladors

6 Vanguard-Raptors w/Longstrike

1705 points

45 minutes ago, TheGrayKing said:

So after finally getting a chance to watch one of the battletome videos this is going to be the core of my list, I just don't know what to add to fill it out to 2000 points. Any suggestions on what to add are welcome, I know Vanguard aren't competitive and I'm probably not going to win a ton of games but the movement shenanigans seems like a ton of fun and will hopefully catch some of my opponents off guard.

Astral Templars

Yndrasta

Knight-Incantor

Knight-Vexillor w/Banner

Lord-Veritant

5 Vanguard-Hunters

5 Vanguard-Hunters

3 Vanguard-Palladors

6 Vanguard-Raptors w/Longstrike

1705 points

Maybe reinforce the Hunter battlelines for more shooting power? Or a unit of Paladins/Evocators for some extra damages?

15 minutes ago, LordPrometheus said:

Maybe reinforce the Hunter battlelines for more shooting power? Or a unit of Paladins/Evocators for some extra damages?

I can reinforce one of the Hunter units once with what I currently have and was kind of thinking that, I also have Annihilators that I was thinking about adding in and selecting Scions as my army ability so I can deepstrike them in.

8 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

Dragons apparently. 

I could fit a unit of dragons and they do look pretty awesome but I most likely won't be able to buy dragons when they initially release.