Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

Looking forward to them nerfing Dragons to hell in half a year and disallowing the units of 1. Ok I really hope they don't  do it, but being able to play a single Trooper was kind of my condition to get a box. I hope the rule of playing one will stick around in subsequent books. It's a bit odd they allow it for Dracoths and Dragons but not Dracolines (or have I just not read about it yet?)

Also I really don't like loosing the mass amount of artifacts we had. Did I ever use more than 3 or 4 different ones? No. But I liked the options :D

And the Anvils ability seems to me to be the worst one right now. Which is a shame. I'll have to get in a fight every time now I want to play my army. Since I wasn't invested in the Fluff of the Anvils but only liked the colors and never played Raptors, I didn't make heavy use of the command ability but you know... I had the option and liked the ability and the new one now just feels off :D Enough whining. Oh no- one last thing... I also really hoped Vanquishers were good, they look dope.

15 minutes ago, jeanfluflu said:

palladors are and have always been a nice niche unit in casual plays.
The rend 2 on the mounts as well as good movements, a bit of shooting and MW on 6 to hit guarantee that you'll spread some damages here and there.
they can deal with a lone support hero on their own as well or a small sorcerer.

In 3rd edition they each count as 2 which means that a unit of 3 will count as 6, combine this with the ability to teleport each turn makes them good to back cap a point and clean the goalkeeper units.

I think they could be nice in some builds and put some pressure on your enemy flanks and support units but i don't believe they'll be there on the most competitive builds where better options and synergies are available.

play them in casual plays and you'lle njoy them :) they're fun and versatile and they look awesome, personnaly i love them.

Cool, they'll stay off Ebay.😉 They sound like fun.

16 minutes ago, Ragest said:

First turn with my 6 annihilators. 42 damages with +1Hit.

Second turn 2 down and 27 damages.

Third turn another 24 damages with -1 to hit and +1 to hit.

Who wants boring drakes

That's great, but 3 greathammer annihilators only do about 15% higher dmg than 2 drakes in melee. That does not make them even remotely close to worth losing all the million things drakes have.

19 minutes ago, macrake said:

That's great, but 3 greathammer annihilators only do about 15% higher dmg than 2 drakes in melee. That does not make them even remotely close to worth losing all the million things drakes have.

Okay, then just use only drakes. Stop bitching around. 

Edited by Nizrah
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Okay, just use drakes. Stop bitching around. 

how do you deal with "redeploy" when playing with annihilators?

They are great and all, especially with the lord imperatant to pin point their drop but if the enemy use that command ability it can drasticaly lower your charge success.

Do you drop them in a cluster of enemy units with multiple targets (which can also optimize their MW drop output but would reduce the probability to drop 6 of them, maybe smaller units can be better for that use)?

you seem to be satisfied with them, and i'll try them as soon as i can :) they look ace but any recommendations would help me.

2 minutes ago, jeanfluflu said:

how do you deal with "redeploy" when playing with annihilators?

They are great and all, especially with the lord imperatant to pin point their drop but if the enemy use that command ability it can drasticaly lower your charge success.

Do you drop them in a cluster of enemy units with multiple targets (which can also optimize their MW drop output but would reduce the probability to drop 6 of them, maybe smaller units can be better for that use)?

you seem to be satisfied with them, and i'll try them as soon as i can :) they look ace but any recommendations would help me.

If they are set up from the sky or translocation enemy can't redeploy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeanfluflu said:

The rend 2 on the mounts as well as good movements, a bit of shooting and MW on 6 to hit guarantee that you'll spread some damages here and there.
they can deal with a lone support hero on their own as well or a small sorcerer.

In 3rd edition they each count as 2 which means that a unit of 3 will count as 6, combine this with the ability to teleport each turn makes them good to back cap a point and clean the goalkeeper units.

I think they could be nice in some builds and put some pressure on your enemy flanks and support units but i don't believe they'll be there on the most competitive builds where better options and synergies are available.

play them in casual plays and you'lle njoy them :) they're fun and versatile and they look awesome, personnaly i love them.

I really think vanguard stormcast will be a hidden gem. The amount of flexibility on durable units is phenomenal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jeanfluflu said:

not a lot of punch i'm afraid but yeah, it sure looks fun to play

Paladors actually do OK damage now with their axes, around 9,3 average damage against a 4+ save is quite decent, almost the same as 2 concussors. They cost about the same points too, although much faster and can teleport, but worse save. They might not fit into S tier 5/5 tournament lists, but they are decent for sure.

Vanguard hunters are super useful battleline, ok melee profile, a but of ranged damage and can teleport for 125 pts, not bad. Raptors still do fine damage and can at least bring a double tap once per game holy order too. A unit of aetherwings is still not bad for a 65 pts annoying unit and they can give those raptors +1 to hit while being annoying, worse way to spend 65 pts and about where they should be.

For sure someone who excels at vanguard will be a player to behold I think, they will for sure be the thinking mans stormcast list to play well and maximize the confusion of being able to rapidly redeploy.

• Like 5

Here's what I'm looking to try out for starters, since my Dominion stuff won't be painted up for some time yet and I'm going to be picking up the rest of the new releases slowly this time. My main opponents are Sons of Behemat, Kharadron Overlords, Nurgle, and Ogors. I upped the small unit of Libs to Sequitors just because I had points left over. Suggestions?  I have almost any models available pre-3rd.

Stormkeep Army
Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar (6++ ww/in 12" of objectives)
Holy Command: Unleash Thy Hatred
Triumph: Inspired
Battle Strategy: Hold the Line

Lord-Relictor (General)
-Prayer: Translocation
-Command Trait: High Priest
-Artefact: Mirrorshield
Knight-Incantor
-Spell: Celestial Blades
Celestant-Prime, Hammer of Sigmar

15 Liberators
5 Sequitors
4 Fulminators
10 Protectors

Battle Regiment (Unified)

1995pts
109 Wounds

• Like 2

I think I’m just gonna go with a group of 6 teleporting Raptor Longstrikes. I’m not a fan of the looks of Judicators, but a lot of my local friends play big monsters that are hard to remove. So double shot longstrikes with LRelictor to translocate them out of trouble will be very nice. 

Also a Knight-Vexillor with banner of apotheosis might be a good pick to run alongside them with or instead of the LRelictor. Since longstrikes are 2 wounds each, the full charge of the banner would bring back an average of 3 models (240 points). Sounds like value town to me.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, jeanfluflu said:

They have lost every mortal wound ourput rule. The sword rule and 6 to hit of chocobos are gone,in fact every palladors rules have been deleted and now only have the redeploy each turn.

To me a nerf of 55 points and loose 3 mortals is huge,but also i really love the redeploy each turn and the axes have got a big buff. For sure i gonna play one allways to score at late objetives

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nizrah said:

Seqitors with 5+ ward should be bonkers. Evocats are better. Evocators are still evocators. Balistas are still strong.  Well, Dragons seems OP but i bet they will be nerfed soon and and i don't play buying more than 4... 

Evocators lost their reroll 1's against shooting, empower is now just +1 to wound, lost their spell lore, and Grandstaves are 1" range meaning it's harder to run a block of 10. Ballistae went up in points and down in damage, although as pointed out before in this thread they're very versatile now and a lot more consistent. Their rapid fire isn't really any better than the longshot, but the longshot is now pretty damn good and changes how the ballista is used. Before you'd drop 3 or 4 with Ordinator down in cover within 18" but now you can kinda do whatever with them, and they don't rely so much on the Lord Ordinator now to be decent.

I think the book is pretty decent, a lot of things got way better, but I don't think Sacrosanct stuff got better. It's nice that you don't have to take a Lord-Arcanum general now but Sequitors also went up by 15pts. But gut instinct is that Sacrosanct is worse off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway for my first list I was thinking

Knights Excelsior - Scions of the Storm - 1975pts

Command Ability - Unleash Thy Hatred

Lord Relictor 145 - General - High Priest, Translocation - Arcane Tome, Thundershock

Lord Imperatant 175 - Mirrorshield

Yndrasta 320

Protectors 225

Protectors 225 (not sure whether to run 2x5 protectors or 1x10)

Annihilators w/ Shield 200

Annilators w/ Grandhammers 240

Celestar Ballista 140

Celestar Ballista 140

Praetors 165

My thought process

Ballistae sit on backfield objectives chucking their new and improved longshots down the board, Relictor shuffles our pieces around. Get protectors in the middle turn 1. From there on, use annihilators where needed, Relictor can Translocate protectors again to wherever else they might need to go, or to pluck annihilators out so they can charge again. Yndrasta helps to revive and keep main body battleshock free and deal with monsters, Praetors provide defense against all types of damage so they guard the Relictor. The Imperatant just gets the Mirrorshield, he has enough wounds to not die to something with 6 or d6 damage, he also has a ranged attack of his own which helps if you need to keep him out of melee.

I was also thinking about swapping the Annihilators w/ shield for 2x3/1x6 Castigators for some more shooting power. Maybe help a bit more on the backfield objectives, possibly a threat to charge with unleash hell. 

Maybe I could swap the protectors for retributors for +damage -survivability. I've got the pts to do so. Also if I'm running 2 units of 5 the range won't be an issue.

Lemme know what you guys think.

Edited by Lengthster
  • Like 2