Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

31 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

While the all dragons approach is cool those lists wont be able to do anything objective related. And what about meat grinder lists? OBR, 100+ skaven, 100+ zombies, splitting horrors.

They're monsters so count for 5 models each. From past games experience I am not at all worried about being able to take objectives. Against those lists I'd generally just take out the supporting pieces first, which should be easy with how shooty and mobile dragons are.

Okay so I made the first list: 
Stormkeep - Hammers of Sigmar - 1960
Krondys - 600
- Thundershock
Lord Relictor - 145
- gen. 
- Mirrorshield
- Translocation
5 Liberators - 115
5 Liberators - 115
4 Fulminators - 460
Chariot - 165
Chariot - 165
Vigilators - 195

40 pts for Triumph - +1 to wounds roll. 
Call for Aid 

2 Drop, 102 wounds. 

Jesus, fulminators are crazy on charge... 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Nizrah said:

image.png.3b76eed94d2f44ff3ad8ae8673194e41.png50 dmg on charge XDDDD

They're great, not saying they aren't, but I just come back to "why not stormdrake guard instead?"

Getting 4 fulminators into combat will require using lord relictor. Thats 145 points. SDG need no help getting into combat. So lets say 4 are about equal cost to 4 fulmis, since fulmis require the lord relictor (they really do, if they dont charge they drop way down).

Now compare the damage. 4 fulmis with +1 wound +1 hit will do 43 dmg to a 3+ save including shooting.

4 SDG with +1 wound +1 hit will do 36 dmg to a 3+ save including shooting.

So what are you trading for 15% more damage?

1. On charge only. (fulmis dmg almost drops to half outside of charge turn)

2. Much less tanky. (less wounds, no 4+ spell ignore, no -1 to enemy wound rolls)

3. Not monster. (able to score more points, more models on objective, monstrous rampage)

4. Mobility. (12" move, fly, hero phase move+charge)

5. Eat a model.

6. I'm sure theres more...

What im saying is, SDG are completely nuts.

2 minutes ago, ledha said:

I hope people ready to spam stormdrake guards are conscious that they will get a nerf in the next AOS faq because even if GW balance team is very often drunk when they decide point costs there is no way they keep them at 285 pts for a entire year

They're too cheap for sure. Maybe even 50 points too cheap. Hopefully next FAQ will have some sensible points adjustments. Theres not much in the SCE tome that is too cheap, but damn there's alot thats way too pricy.

• Thanks 1

There are so many options for battle line that it doesn’t matter, but everything in this book just looks mediocre at best, other than the new dragons.  I was hoping my Sacrosanct would get some kind of casting items or maybe adjust the spells a bit more.  These warscrolls are almost reprints outside of an extra attack, a bit more rend or flat 2 instead of D3 damage sprinkled in here and there.

Am I missing something?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Andalf said:

There are so many options for battle line that it doesn’t matter, but everything in this book just looks mediocre at best, other than the new dragons.  I was hoping my Sacrosanct would get some kind of casting items or maybe adjust the spells a bit more.  These warscrolls are almost reprints outside of an extra attack, a bit more rend or flat 2 instead of D3 damage sprinkled in here and there.

Am I missing something?

Seqitors with 5+ ward should be bonkers. Evocats are better. Evocators are still evocators. Balistas are still strong.  Well, Dragons seems OP but i bet they will be nerfed soon and and i don't play buying more than 4... 

Seems the wait for Draconith will drag on. (I'm not sorry 😛 )

I like the new Sacrosanct focus of hurting the heal meta while scaring Death and Chaos forces who rely on bringing back the dead.

[Quote on Lord Exorcist]:

"Yea gained 1 wound, and dmg is now fixed.

Have a neat aura that prevent enemy unit within 9" to have returned slain model.

Purifying blast was buffed throught the roof : cast dif is 5, all enemy unit within 12" take 1d3 mortal if you roll 12 or less of 1d6+target bravery.

Very strong spell ! Is it worth 170pts ? i don't know maybe if you play against orcs"

Very fluffy as Azyr's soul guardians and nice lore vindication of Death & Chaos trying for so long to stop our Reforging but not only have we thwarted their attempts with thunderous success and cemented our divine respawning but now we can lock down their ability to come back. :D

I'm also looking forward to trying a Tempest Lord Path to Glory and slowly building to all fliers. Though I want surprise Sacrosanct Levitation charges too..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

This is exactly what will happen, there’s still some 40k ork stuff missing. Then October is (get this) another flipping kill team release I hear. 

I cant see it take several weeks before they release the Stormcast kits though... but I fear they might skip a week next time for AoS after the Kruleboyz though...

2 hours ago, ledha said:

I hope people ready to spam stormdrake guards are conscious that they will get a nerf in the next AOS faq because even if GW balance team is very often drunk when they decide point costs there is no way they keep them at 285 pts for a entire year

That's the part I hate about gaming: "Oh something is good, I MUST SPAM IT"

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ledha said:

Don't care, I can finally run the all Dragon army I wanted to since the game came out. Power, utility, metagame - all else is secondary. 

47 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

This is exactly what will happen, there’s still some 40k ork stuff missing. Then October is (get this) another flipping kill team release I hear. 

Kill Team is cool though 😎 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Don’t hate the player.

I’d happily use other units if, you know, GW hadn’t just made most of them complete garbage, left some of them playable, then put one unit in that is head and shoulders better than the rest.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

You're equating gaming with a competitive environment

I'll gladly spam vindictors in a tournament, they're just... better. In a different setting, I'll be happy to use my horde of liberators and sequitors

AS a new Stormcast player with the new Battletome and some minis preordered to go with my mostly-Dominion army this thread has been a great resource for everything new from the Tome. Astral Templars having Vanguard Hunters & Palladors as battleline looks good since I own both. I've found a good amount of what I need to see from the new book and exactly *one post about the Vanguard-Palladors and if they're any good or not. It wasn't an encouraging post. Anyone else seen the warscroll for the Palladors? Good, mediocre, terrible? 

5 minutes ago, Bone Shrapnel said:

AS a new Stormcast player with the new Battletome and some minis preordered to go with my mostly-Dominion army this thread has been a great resource for everything new from the Tome. Astral Templars having Vanguard Hunters & Palladors as battleline looks good since I own both. I've found a good amount of what I need to see from the new book and exactly *one post about the Vanguard-Palladors and if they're any good or not. It wasn't an encouraging post. Anyone else seen the warscroll for the Palladors? Good, mediocre, terrible? 

palladors are and have always been a nice niche unit in casual plays.
The rend 2 on the mounts as well as good movements, a bit of shooting and MW on 6 to hit guarantee that you'll spread some damages here and there.
they can deal with a lone support hero on their own as well or a small sorcerer.

In 3rd edition they each count as 2 which means that a unit of 3 will count as 6, combine this with the ability to teleport each turn makes them good to back cap a point and clean the goalkeeper units.

I think they could be nice in some builds and put some pressure on your enemy flanks and support units but i don't believe they'll be there on the most competitive builds where better options and synergies are available.

play them in casual plays and you'lle njoy them :) they're fun and versatile and they look awesome, personnaly i love them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1