Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

15 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

15 judicators are expensive at 600 points and with all out attack they do around 14,5 average damage against a 4+ save (12 vs 3+, 10 vs 2+). With a double tap that should on average kill for example Kragnos.

Of course the double tap is only once per game. Could be good, not sure I would put 600 points into a unit of 15 of them though... Unlike DoK snakes, they are very slow and hard to reposition without translocation.

If you double tap I don't think you can also give +1 to hit. So 60 shots with 10 mortals? Am I right?

(The DoK combo is WAY MORE expensive, than the stormcast one)

2 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

No its not because you still want Morathi in every roster XD So its doesn't count. 

Unless you cheat and play at 2660 points, you have to pay Morathi and she exploits especially with stalkers.
After that: 510 points of stalkers and at least 115 points of general to unlock they battline (120 in the case of the Medusa).

Judicators are always battline and for the holy command you can use any hero of your list. So what it means...? 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

It means that Morathi is a SSS top tier pick that you will play her no matter what. 

Stalkers are cheaper and more durable than Judicators. More mobile. And can shot double everytime not only one per game. 

They are only cheaper (durable is a matter of lists), no way more mobile. Stormcast can deepstrike, redeploy with Bastian, redeploy with standard bearer and translocate now. I really believe that they have nothing to envy in terms of movement to other armies.

The idea of not counting the cost of Morathi in a combo is unfortunately incorrect, since she must be alive and wholly within 24 ", able spend a command point with her and have no enemy models within 3" of the stalkers. 

Edited by Holy_Diver

Outside of dragons, I'm really not excited for this tome. There's just too few synergies and too many overcosted units. Probably gonna start a new army when/if dragons get nerfed. I've got two possible lists below.

I want to bring Krondys, but it's hard to take him when you can just take 4 SDG instead, or 6 raptors+relictor. Please convince me I should find room for him in either of these list:

1:

One drop battle regiment

Knight Draconis. General, monster menagerie. Artefact undecided. Probably hammers of sigmar.

6x Stormdrake

2x Stormdrake

2x Stormdrake

2x Stormdrake

Can swap 2x drakes for some utility/chaff. I think going for one drop is super important with a list capable of so much alpha. Going with a pack of 6 for maximizing buffs and the Knight Draconis hero phase shoot.

2:

One drop battle regiment

Knight draconis. General, monster menagerie. Artefact undecided. Probably hammers of sigmar.

1x stormdrake

2x stormdrake

4x stormdrake

6x longstrikes

Lord relictor

5 liberators

This list trades 5 drakes for 6 teleporting longstrikes and some libs. I think this list might be better because of the increased options. The damage of 6 double tapping longstrikes is real, and at massive range with a potential teleport as needed. Drakes are better, but something will have to hold back objectives and this list probably does that a bit better.

Krondys could be swapped for 4 drakes in list 1. In list 2 he can be swapped for 3 drakes+relictor or longstrikes+relictor.

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Does anyone have a list of the new points, I can see them in the videos but I am going to have a long day at work with lots of down time but very bad internet reception. Maybe getting the points will let me mess with some pen and paper lists to pass the time. 🤔

The easiest is to use this google sheet that some great soul has put together https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R35OxR0v2veogS5nfawlozkdUgg7KUVp-FhrYFk7wvo/edit?fbclid=IwAR3UpgRYPRbXtexqm0fo3Ser6lb6aLp8s1RnQDbjAkJU45Va4RgcXSfnZ5o#gid=958984434

(you have to make a copy in your google docs to use it)

Edited by Marcvs
  • Thanks 2

Thanks to the said google sheet I put down on paper my take on the redeemer spam, aka play as the Gargants, but of Sigmar. Now I just need to paint 25 more vindictors ^^"

Spoiler

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar (Stormkeep)
- Mortal Realm: Aqshy
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired
- Command Ability: Final Thunderstrike

Krondhys (600)*
Lord-Relictor (145)*
- General
- Command Trait: High Priest
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
- Prayer: Translocation
Knight-Vexillor (120)*
- Pennant of the Stormbringer
10 x Vindictors (260)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Vindictors (260)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Vindictors (260)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Vindictors (260)*
- Reinforced x 1
Soulscream Bridge (70)
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1975 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 98
Drops: 1

Edited by Marcvs

2 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Thanks to the said google sheet I put down on paper my take on the redeemer spam, aka play as the Gargants, but of Sigmar. Now I just need to paint 25 more vindictors ^^"

Hide contents

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar (Stormkeep)
- Mortal Realm: Aqshy
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired
- Command Ability: Final Thunderstrike

Krondhys (600)*
Lord-Relictor (110)*
- General
- Command Trait: High Priest
- Artefact: Mirrorshield
- Prayer: Translocation
Knight-Vexillor (120)*
- Pennant of the Stormbringer
10 x Vindictors (260)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Vindictors (260)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Vindictors (260)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Vindictors (260)*
- Reinforced x 1
Soulscream Bridge (70)
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1975 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 98
Drops: 1

Love it! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, macrake said:

Outside of dragons, I'm really not excited for this tome. There's just too few synergies and too many overcosted units. Probably gonna start a new army when/if dragons get nerfed. I've got two possible lists below.

I want to bring Krondys, but it's hard to take him when you can just take 4 SDG instead, or 6 raptors+relictor. Please convince me I should find room for him in either of these list:

1:

One drop battle regiment

Knight Draconis. General, monster menagerie. Artefact undecided. Probably hammers of sigmar.

6x Stormdrake

2x Stormdrake

2x Stormdrake

2x Stormdrake

Can swap 2x drakes for some utility/chaff. I think going for one drop is super important with a list capable of so much alpha. Going with a pack of 6 for maximizing buffs and the Knight Draconis hero phase shoot.

2:

One drop battle regiment

Knight draconis. General, monster menagerie. Artefact undecided. Probably hammers of sigmar.

1x stormdrake

2x stormdrake

4x stormdrake

6x longstrikes

Lord relictor

5 liberators

This list trades 5 drakes for 6 teleporting longstrikes and some libs. I think this list might be better because of the increased options. The damage of 6 double tapping longstrikes is real, and at massive range with a potential teleport as needed. Drakes are better, but something will have to hold back objectives and this list probably does that a bit better.

Krondys could be swapped for 4 drakes in list 1. In list 2 he can be swapped for 3 drakes+relictor or longstrikes+relictor.

6 stormdrakes in a unit is going to be hell to position. Don’t do this to yourself 

1 minute ago, boombyeyeah said:

Did anyone do the math on the Tempest Lords skill? reroll one dice of a charge, how relialbe makes this 9 inch Charge?

Only on flying units. 

23 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Hide contents

Lord-Relictor (110)*

Isn't Lord Relictor 145 now? 

3 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Only on flying units. 

Isn't Lord Relictor 145 now? 

yes it is, the points are of the old warscroll builder (which I used to have something resembling to a formatted list) but the total should be correct :)

EDIT: yes, can confirm, the total was already the correct one with the Relictor at 145, I edited my post to correct the value

Edited by Marcvs

Sorry if this has been discussed earlier, but can someone explain to me what makes the Dragon-related units so good in this tome?

Am asking for a friend who is interested in the dragons and the dragon knights but doesn't know too much about the rules.

Thanks in advance, oh hallowed champions of Sigmar. :)

7 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

yes it is, the points are of the old warscroll builder (which I used to have something resembling to a formatted list) but the total should be correct :)

EDIT: yes, can confirm, the total was already the correct one with the Relictor at 145, I edited my post to correct the value

Alright! Damn, I can't react to posts again... 

2 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Sorry if this has been discussed earlier, but can someone explain to me what makes the Dragon-related units so good in this tome?

Am asking for a friend who is interested in the dragons and the dragon knights but doesn't know too much about the rules.

Thanks in advance, oh hallowed champions of Sigmar. :)

They are extremely aggressively priced.

Fly, move 12”, move in the hero phase and charge in the hero phase makes them super mobile

MW shooting and can also shoot in the hero phase with a Knight draconis

Monsters so count as 5 each for scoring, get rampages, and easy access to a ton of free VPs via battle tactics

Lots of rend 2 damage 2 attacks which is great into save stacking 

super durable at 9 wounds and 3+. They can also hilariously get cover saves.

They also ignore spells on a 4+ for… reasons.

Theres just so much going on in this warscroll that I look at every multiple of 300 points now and think “this should be a stormdrake unit”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2