Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

5 minutes ago, Fuxxx said:

Is there any reason to build the chariot with the bow? 2 shots won't do anything and it's the same warscroll so won't be cheaper. Maybe the spear at least helps to kill something so charging something else down the line is more possible...

Unless there's some kind of crazy synergy somewhere in the book then you should build it with the spear every time

I like the Knight. Could be nice for a lone sniper that you dont have to invest other units to do the job. Unlocking archers as battleline means full ranged armies which could be cool. The "free" puppers might not be so free if they are baked into his points cost so thats a wait and see.

SpearChariot looks good, again depending on points. Fast. Good save. Good weapon profiles. 11 attacks and MW output. And....its a f**king chariot

31 minutes ago, Fuxxx said:

Is there any reason to build the chariot with the bow? 2 shots won't do anything and it's the same warscroll so won't be cheaper. Maybe the spear at least helps to kill something so charging something else down the line is more possible...

yeah I was really looking forward to having the giant bow, but even as someone who doesn't min/max the spear seems much better overall--I cannot imagine you can take more than 1 chariot per unit to make the shooting worth it.

12 hours ago, xking said:

The original stormcast one more like Greco-Roman paladins(which I like more then European knights) and I am not surprised that there is less hammers, as they needed other things for the battlefield roles. But ultimately other than skinny stormcast, there is no difference.  Annihilators, annihilate things and protectors, protect things. 

It feels like a fusion of the old style plus a new, knightlier style for sure. the Vindictor shortswords are very much gladiuses (gladii?) 

1 hour ago, jhamslam said:

Maybe we have Retreat and Charge into our subfactions. its the only way to make that chariot good.

Do Cities have any Retreat and charge mechanics?

There's always the Heraldor

I think a reinforced unit of Chariots buffed by a Heraldor would be a good hammer unit

13 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Chariot looks super good for me? Especially if it costed around 140 pts. Nice rend, nice mortals, fast, durable? Whats wrong? 

The only thing I see being wrong with it is that it will probably be way more than 140. I'm guessing closer to 200. But I still like it as a pinner unit that crashes into stuff and keeps it in place.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

That’s very attractive at that price point

It is all nice and good, the question is what role does it fill, how does it help deal with any of the largest threats? It is not a monster so only counts for 2 models. It can support a bit but not really kill much by itself or use any commands, so while all around ok warscroll at ok points, I somehow doubt it will fit into a competitive setting. 

That is OK, not everything does and chariots are often in this odd position of not really having a clear purpose. If you need speed, why not take teleporting paladors, if you need heavy cav there are multiple Dracothian guard types and also darn knights riding flying dragons. Why take a chariot? Rule of cool perhaps ;)

36 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

It is all nice and good, the question is what role does it fill, how does it help deal with any of the largest threats? It is not a monster so only counts for 2 models. It can support a bit but not really kill much by itself or use any commands, so while all around ok warscroll at ok points, I somehow doubt it will fit into a competitive setting. 

That is OK, not everything does and chariots are often in this odd position of not really having a clear purpose. If you need speed, why not take teleporting paladors, if you need heavy cav there are multiple Dracothian guard types and also darn knights riding flying dragons. Why take a chariot? Rule of cool perhaps ;)

The impact mortal wounds and the followup attacks are significant. Two or three chariots charging at once can do a lot of damage.12 wounds at 165 makes them more cost effective than Annihilators for a very similar role.

I can see it running along flanks and smashing into lightly defended objectives. It's a good unit to have if you can't use reserves (eg. if you play Stormkeeps or battleplan forbids it) or are playing a castle formation. It's also good for doing focused mortal wounds to key targets.

53 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Turning a bunch of big chariot bases sideways and tokyo drifting them up the board 6" apart makes it surprisingly hard for a lot of units to move effectively. A tanky, reasonably fast unit with good impact hits and no worries about coherency has some upsides for sure. I think these guys look spammable if they are indeed 165 points.

58 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Are we sure that chariots will be reinforceable? What other high-wound (9 or more) units can come in multiples?

The current Cities chariots can reinforce, but they are smaller in terms of wounds. The stormcast chariot has no rule that would allow it to deal impact hits for each model in a unit of chariots, which makes me think it will be a "single" unit.

• Like 1