Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

Bit of an aside, but I really appreciate how every unit in the Thunderstrike range wields a different type of weapon. I love a warhammer as much as the next guy, but they feel extra special when they are being used only by the biggest and baddest of dudes. Spears, bows, two-handed swords - it's all very nice. 

It feels like the first generation of Stormcast was designed with the old Space Marine philosophy in mind: the bolter and the power armor. They can do everything and so you will see them on everything. These new units seem to represent a newer "I am my weapon" school of thought which I kind of like - even if it means even fewer individual unit options.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

Bit of an aside, but I really appreciate how every unit in the Thunderstrike range wields a different type of weapon. I love a warhammer as much as the next guy, but they feel extra special when they are being used only by the biggest and baddest of dudes. Spears, bows, two-handed swords - it's all very nice. 

It feels like the first generation of Stormcast was designed with the old Space Marine philosophy in mind: the bolter and the power armor. They can do everything and so you will see them on everything. These new units seem to represent a newer "I am my weapon" school of thought which I kind of like - even if it means even fewer individual unit options.

What are you talkin about? The only thing different about the new release is that you got skinny stormcast. Otherwise they are the same as they always have been. 

Edited by xking
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, xking said:

What are you talkin about? The only thing different about the new release is that you got skinny stormcast. Otherwise they are the same as they always have been. 

there are MUCH LESS hammers than ever (including mauls) so I see where Magnusaur is coming from. these new releases have weapons that feel more knightly than the original 1.0 lads. I'm definitely a fan of the new designs in general, aside from the number of capes.

7 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

there are MUCH LESS hammers than ever (including mauls) so I see where Magnusaur is coming from. these new releases have weapons that feel more knightly than the original 1.0 lads. I'm definitely a fan of the new designs in general, aside from the number of capes.

The original stormcast one more like Greco-Roman paladins(which I like more then European knights) and I am not surprised that there is less hammers, as they needed other things for the battlefield roles. But ultimately other than skinny stormcast, there is no difference.  Annihilators, annihilate things and protectors, protect things. 

1 hour ago, xking said:

The original stormcast one more like Greco-Roman paladins(which I like more then European knights) and I am not surprised that there is less hammers, as they needed other things for the battlefield roles. But ultimately other than skinny stormcast, there is no difference.  Annihilators, annihilate things and protectors, protect things. 

Tbf, I don't associate hammers with Greco-Roman tradition, spears on the other hand...

7 hours ago, Marcvs said:

Tbf, I don't associate hammers with Greco-Roman tradition, spears on the other hand...

I associate hammers with Sigmar, everything else was a Greco-Roman themed paladins. That's why you see all of those Roman leather strap skirt things, on the original release of Stormcast. 

Edited by xking
  • Like 1

Was not expecting the Chariot to be 12 wounds and a 3+ save. Wonder how many points it will cost

Really don't see a reason to bring a Knight-Judicator? Just bring a Ballista instead imo. Maybe some artefact will make him really good

Why is the Judicator only 5 wounds instead of 6 like the other Knights we have seen so far

Edited by PJetski

Hot takes!

chariot is garbage. No run/retreat and charge, pillow fisted attacks, bow is irrelevant, 12 wounds will jack the price up to 200+

Points dependant the judicator is sound. Rend 3 for ruining save stacking models, damage 3 to bully lone heroes, 2+ to wound, hit can be boosted to 2+, a once per game nuke (shame it’s instead of shooting) and comes with a free gryph hound unit for objective/screening/denying unleash hell.

• Confused 1