Stormcast Eternals 3.0 - There is no "a" in Vindictors

PJetski

So which units should have reveived an overhaul/points change but did not?

my list:

Vanquishers: Just make their rally usable in combat and they‘re fine

Paladins: A once a game auto 6“ run + charge per unit would do wonders

Sequitors: 15 pts down is all that’s needed

Star Drakes: 50-100 pts down

Yndrasta: -30-50 pts?

Vigilors: Drop by 15-20

Knight Zephyros: +1 dmg

Knight Heraldor: Give back the run and charge (to infantry), this would help paladins.

Most heroes are sadly too bland to be saved.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, lare2 said:

For those who've seen it, the endless spell Lauchon, do you think the evobomb's back on the menu? Teleport and move is clearly allowed but do evos count as WIZARD?

it should work as the whole unit (as opposed to Lumineth) is a WIZARD. As to Evocators being back on the menu, foot evo they are still kind of bad IMHO and you would need an additional wizard to cast this -and if you're investing 490pts+wziard in this combo, you also might want one who can cast it somewhat reliably.

Maybe evocats? just a unit of 3 plus this is a smaller investment (so less of a problem if your magic is shut off) and would have a big range to go an kill veteran units on a flank/back objective

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

additional wizard

Nice one cheers. On the extra costs, chances are a wizard is gonna be in the list anyway and it's not that hard to cast. Could get dispelled but then you could just keep the wizard away. Lauchon is only 30pts though. Endless spells are dirt cheap now. Gotta feed those Incarnates! Think your shout for Evocats is a great idea. Will definitely try it out!

Edited by lare2

So from changes on the app:

Dragons now have once per battle can rr charge instead of hero phase move.

Thunderbolt Volley can only be issued to non reinforced units.

In unrelated news, Seraphon got completely screwed with scaly skin; it now only effects Saurus, Kroxigor and Monsters. 

Edited by RedemptionUK
joke

Having literally just finished doing up all my Stormcast, including 6 Vanguard Raptors and 4 Stormdrake Guard that I'd intended to take together to my next GT, I agree with the changes 100%. It'll mean I need to approach the list a bit differently, but probably I'll just swap my Thunderbolt out for Steadfast March, and the Lord Relictor feels a bit less necessary now - maybe a Knight Incantor would be better? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedemptionUK said:

Good job it's gonna help with all those Thunder Lizard lists!

Don't get me wrong, I don't play vs Seraphon. I don't care about how strong are X list or Y faction (not my problem anymore!)

But Skinks with scaly skin  had the same feeling of dwarfs with a move characteristic of 12" (without any type of vehicle/balloon/mount)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedemptionUK said:

This makes me sad. Especially so when I play my mate's DoK and his reinforced bowsnakes can still freely do this... every single turn. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, lare2 said:

This makes me sad. Especially so when I play my mate's DoK and his reinforced bowsnakes can still freely do this... every single turn. 

Such is the way of things. I'm sure they'll get nerfed 6 months after they stop being relevant, if it makes you feel any better!

7 minutes ago, NauticalSoup said:

Such is the way of things. I'm sure they'll get nerfed 6 months after they stop being relevant, if it makes you feel any better!

Meanwhile Seraphon ^^

1 hour ago, lare2 said:

My DoK playing friend justified it by having to invest a lot of points in being able to do so.. He did not mention that the points required for it include Morathi so who cares ^^

3 hours ago, RedemptionUK said:

So from changes on the app:

Dragons now have once per battle can rr charge instead of hero phase move.

In unrelated news, Seraphon got completely screwed with scaly skin; it now only effects Saurus, Kroxigor and Monsters. 

Dragon change is necessary, TV change is weird... will this even change which holy command people take?

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

We will pivot to using 6+3 Longstrikes instead

Every time they nerf our efficiency we end up doubling down and trimming the fat out of our lists. We are going to start running minimum heroes and all hammers + screens.

I'm not adverse to the idea but... would you mind explaining the logic behind this? I mean that with all sincerity. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, lare2 said:

I'm not adverse to the idea but... would you mind explaining the logic behind this? I mean that with all sincerity. Thanks. 

If we need X damage to be competitive then we will simply bring more damage units to get back to that point.

Instead of bringing 6 longstrikes that double tap once per game, we will now bring 9 longstrikes and have 3 of them double tap once per game.

• Like 1

Trying to take advantage of Lauchon before he's inevitably nerfed. It might be the booze so bear with me:

- Army Faction: Stormcast Eternals
     - Army Type: Scions of the Storm
     - Subfaction: Hallowed Knights 
     - Triumph: Bloodthirsty
LEADERS
Knight-Incantor (125)**
     - Spells: Celestial Blades
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)**
     - General
     - Command Traits: Master of the Celestial Menagerie
     - Celestine Hammer
     - Artefacts of Power: Arcane Tome
     - Mount Traits: Celestial Instincts
     - Spells: Flaming Weapon
Lord-Relictor (145)***
     - Artefacts of Power: Mirrorshield
     - Prayers: Bless Weapons 
Lord-Castellant (155)***
Gardus Steel Soul (150)***
BATTLELINE
Liberators (115)*
     - Liberator-Prime
     - Grandweapon
     - Heavens-wrought Weapon and Sigmarite Shield
Liberators (115)*
     - Liberator-Prime
     - Grandweapon
Liberators (115)*
     - Liberator-Prime
     - Grandweapon
OTHER
Aetherwings (65)**
Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (240)**
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
1 x Lauchon the Soulseeker (30)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Expert Conquerors
**Battle Regiment
***Command Entourage
     - Magnificent

TOTAL POINTS: 1995/2000

That there should put the Stardrake on potentially 5+ ward (Gardus), +4 to save (AOD, Castellant, Mystic Shield [not really gonna get though as KI will be casting Lauchon],  Finest Hour), -1 to wound (MoCM), exploding 6's (Bless Weapons), +1 to damage (Flaming Weapon), retreat and charge (Celestial Instincts)... and, importantly, he can now teleport and move (Lauchon).

Load it up and throw it in first turn. It's not going anywhere fast and it'll savage a lot, especially considering there's no defence against monsters nowadays. Plus there's no worry about giving away extra VP.

A lot of moving parts but they're not unreasonable. 

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, lare2 said:

Trying to take advantage of Lauchon before he's inevitably nerfed. It might be the booze so bear with me:

- Army Faction: Stormcast Eternals
     - Army Type: Scions of the Storm
     - Subfaction: Hallowed Knights 
     - Triumph: Bloodthirsty
LEADERS
Knight-Incantor (125)**
     - Spells: Celestial Blades
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (500)**
     - General
     - Command Traits: Master of the Celestial Menagerie
     - Celestine Hammer
     - Artefacts of Power: Arcane Tome
     - Mount Traits: Celestial Instincts
     - Spells: Flaming Weapon
Lord-Relictor (145)***
     - Artefacts of Power: Mirrorshield
     - Prayers: Bless Weapons 
Lord-Castellant (155)***
Gardus Steel Soul (150)***
BATTLELINE
Liberators (115)*
     - Liberator-Prime
     - Grandweapon
Liberators (115)*
     - Liberator-Prime
     - Grandweapon
Liberators (115)*
     - Liberator-Prime
     - Grandweapon
OTHER
Aetherwings (65)**
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
1 x Lauchon the Soulseeker (30)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Expert Conquerors
**Battle Regiment
***Command Entourage
     - Magnificent

TOTAL POINTS: 1995/2000

That there should put the Stardrake on potentially 5+ ward (Gardus), +4 to save (AOD, Castellant, Mystic Shield [not really gonna get though as KI will be casting Lauchon],  Finest Hour), -1 to wound (MoCM), exploding 6's (Bless Weapons), +1 to damage (Flaming Weapon), retreat and charge (Celestial Instincts)... and, importantly, he can now teleport and move (Lauchon).

Load it up and throw it in first turn. It's not going anywhere fast and it'll savage a lot, especially considering there's no defence against monsters nowadays. Plus there's no worry about giving away extra VP.

A lot of moving parts but they're not unreasonable. 

It's a cool list but unfortunately the Stardrake can't use Lauchon, it's base is too big

• Like 1