Sharkbelly's Undead

Sharkbelly

Hi all,

When Games Workshop started teasing their update to the Soulblight Gravelords army, I have to say I was hooked. The undead were my first Warhammer army a little over 20 years ago, when the Vampire Counts first split from the rest of the undead and the Tomb Kings were not yet officially a thing. 

In the intervening 20 years, my Vampire army grew and then shrank, and finally took on a very Piratical theme. With the new SBGL army, I thought this would be a good time to build a proper Age of Sigmar army. I was also heavily drawn in by the Warhammer Quest Cursed City game, too. And I had already been collecting some of the Warhammer Underworlds undead. So... I was already on my way.

Since I also play D&D, I thought it would be cool to try to find or create models for many of the classic D&D undead. I combed through the 5th ed. Monster Manual and "dug up" (pun intended) as many ideas as I could. With that in mind, here are the first few models from the new army. They were a fun dive into the bits box, and gave me chance to try out how I would like to do the bases for the army. Please enjoy.

The Crawling Claw
This was made from an old bit from the 5th edition Zombies box. The base is an old round shield. 

large.jpg

Demilich and two Flaming Skulls
One is from the older plastic skeletons box and the other two are from the Collegiate Arcane set. The flying stems are from Star Wars Legion.

large.jpg

Will-o-wisps
These are an example of non-undead that I think might associate with them. They are just made from green stuff. 

large.jpg

Edited by Sharkbelly
Adjust BB code
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...