Behemoth and Battleline Battlefield Roles

Tronhammer NZ

Question

Bit of a local disagreement about this, hoping to get some consensus and push for an FAQ if needed (we have asked the Facebook page as well):

If Behemoth units become Battleline because of their allegiance, do they lose the Behemoth role?

My view is that they gain the Battleline role and also keep the Behemoth role. 

3 answers to this question

This has been asked before - but I don't know if it made it to GW. There's evidence in the GHB for both arguments that the notes column is replacement and not addition, and vice versa.

Personally, I don't see how a unit could lose a role, but I'm not your group...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

They have not been super careful on this one - e.g. the Celestial Hurricanum suggests that the far column roles replace the default ones.

There was a FB page update that suggested that they were additive. So Thundertusks don't get to be pure Battleline.

15 minutes ago, Nico said:

They have not been super careful on this one - e.g. the Celestial Hurricanum suggests that the far column roles replace the default ones.

It just says "leader, Behemoth if carrying White Battlemage"  which you would assume as you are adding a hero. On another note this is a typo as Hurricanums carry celestial battlemages not white battlemages. 

To answer the question i'm of the opinion that the Behemoth role doesn't change they just gain the battleline role so you could still take two stonehorns in 1000 point games. I can also understand why people see if from both sides as the wording isn't as clear as it could be. 

Archived