Ironjawz

Patriark

Hello! After a long hiatus from any sort of hobbyrelated activity, I thought I'd give Age of Sigmar a go when the generals handbook arrived. The goal is to have 1000 points done by december 10. Given how painstakingly slow I paint, it will be a challange.

this is what I am aiming for:

mawcrusha

warchanter

10 ardboyz 

3 goregruntas

ironfist 

Doesn't seem much, but given my total lack of paintspeed it will be a challange. Anyhow, this is my first goregrunta. Hope you like it! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jupiter said:

Love the painting, I was looking to do a similar scheme but inverted so blue armor, orange details.

One thing I not sure about is the snow it's a bit messy, what did you use? 

Thanks! The snow is from gale force 9. I was going for a semi melted snow slush effect, but I am also a bit sceptical as to the end result. Any suggestions as to what i should do? More snow? Less?

Nice paint job. But as some of the other are suggesting, the base is not doing the model justice. I don't know if it is the snow. But the model actually looks better on the unpainted base. Maybe you should try a simpler base. Sometimes less is more? 

3 hours ago, Patriark said:

Thanks! The snow is from gale force 9. I was going for a semi melted snow slush effect, but I am also a bit sceptical as to the end result. Any suggestions as to what i should do? More snow? Less?

Ah you should use baking soda, mix it with white acylic paint and pva glue. Best snow effect you can get ;-)

12 hours ago, Zlatan said:

Excellent scheme. Love the basing too. 

For the snow, I don't recommend baking soda coz it can discolour over time and go yellowish. 

Never had this problem and its already on some of my models for 12 years. Since the products (ie pva baking soda and paint) used can be of a varied quality it could be true.

17 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Never had this problem and its already on some of my models for 12 years. Since the products (ie pva baking soda and paint) used can be of a varied quality it could be true.

Guess I might have just been unlucky. If it worked for you that's great. 

Archived