The Warhammer News Thread

Mutton

Reminder of ticket sales tomorrow!

shout out to these two Armies on Parade posters that have been giving it their all this year!

4pmg5c8g6ly91.jpg?width=5832&format=pjpg
qbzwkc8g6ly91.jpg?width=4812&format=pjpg

Gnarly stuff balanced by some divine work.

FgYQhtyaAAIEsKY?format=jpg&name=large

Seriously impressed by peoples takes on the Ghur Gnarlwood terrain. Deserts, tropics, swamps, Metal-scapes, holy ruins. Meat trees can grow anywhere it seems and look good doing it!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets! Get ur tickets!

Also great news on next week being orders for Christmas Boxes, Curseling & Enlightener released from their box, Warcry warbands & monsters have finally finished their StD repacks and will be back on the store too.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/20/sunday-preview-get-your-fill-of-age-of-sigmar-battleforces-and-the-new-warcry-expansion/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sunday-preview&utm_content=us-open-2022

image.jpeg.6c523aaff768cc70a278fcca41dfe642.jpeg
image.jpeg.30a15c28350dc25ae4827a67e3f4408b.jpeg
image.jpeg.0dcea2a135ce93c15fffe7ff3dd1ddf3.jpeg

Also can make a subscription to Black Library for their 12 Christmas Shorts ️ 

image.jpeg.cbca4639f69d59be95445a821480e094.jpeg

Also if in their area here’s a shout-out to any that want to help this chap build up their community:

And lastly as more a “check out this cool person” post, Alfhild Windrunner on Twitter has been doing some amazing AoS cosplays.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I am so impressed by that AOS cosplay! 

I think that more fan community material like that would help grow Age of Sigmar dramatically. Unfortunately I have a lack of confidence, ability, funds and looks to pull off a cosplay... Then again if they reintroduce Throgg the Troll King I already have the face for it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Wow I am so impressed by that AOS cosplay! 

I think that more fan community material like that would help grow Age of Sigmar dramatically. Unfortunately I have a lack of confidence, ability, funds and looks to pull off a cosplay... Then again if they reintroduce Throgg the Troll King I already have the face for it!

I'm waiting for Grom the Paunch to come back for my cosplay.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Ok I'm not much of an elf fan but those Lumineth cosplays are legitimately impressive. I really like seeing 'beauty' cosplays that are actually about aesthetic and elegance instead of shoving raw sex appeal in my face. Like I get that literally everywhere else, thank you very much.

Hopefully at some point somebody comes as a huge Verminlord.

although, he pribably needs a huge machine to get it moving from one place to another 

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Hopefully at some point somebody comes as a huge Verminlord.

although, he pribably needs a huge machine to get it moving from one place to another 

The big Russian WHF Larp has like a battalion of Skaven cosplayer iirc. I wouldn't be surprised if they've build a Horned Rat or Verminlord effigy

photos too big to share, here's a link https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/09/this-massive-warhammer-larp-is-amazing.html

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Warhammerfest is Packed!

image0.jpg

Also our favorite Cosplayer has been having fun for Blacktalon:

Of which the second episode is soon upon us.

image.jpeg.c59a3be6bc5bbd178541201f27658a49.jpeg

Easily one of their top animations with increble vistas worthy of the Mortal Realms.(alongside more info on Stormcast and their Reforgings that isn’t memory loss such as one archer no longer dreaming but seeing her kills with more accuracy and another staying up late because he needs less and less rest)

346iom1kigta1.png

Final note on cosplay is even Cubicle7 gave a thumbs up :D 

In other news, Seraphon limited set out next Saturday at $210. Praise Sotek and Dracothion! 🌟 🐉 

HSUtDXVlr3rSd7rL-846x846.jpg

In Tourney News: last weekend saw a very successful Open Play tourney hosted by the mad lads who had a huge Halloween Zombie swarm event back in 2015 before AoS had a points system. They know how to party without Matched Play! 🍻 

And a bit late but Adepticon saw some real jawdroppers too.

Lastly, shout-out to two Narrative focused Tournies.

Love this shot by Nathan Smith of daemons swarming through the tight walkways of the Kharadron defensive gun-rails arrays

FtPLqj-aUAApYFt?format=jpg&name=large

then to wrap up with last three subjects:

Warcry:

Underworlds fan-made niceness that’s a treat:

Novel character love, fan-made and official:

And Drekki’s crew shown off on Warhammer+
rl5igtj0i99a1.png

And a few leftovers I meant to post a while ago:

(sorry if that seemed an excessive post. Had some stuff I’ve been sitting on I’ve been meaning to post here. 😅)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Some easy to miss news.

First off a number of small board games hitting US that you can now get at places like Barnes and Nobles.

The Warhammer Quest is a big one for me as I’ve been trying to get it. Super basic and good for beginners while getting the nifty warband + lord.

image.jpeg.46665228492375a4750b6871e5be6383.jpeg
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/21/get-your-start-in-the-worlds-of-warhammer-with-three-fantastic-games/

Then Yndrasta is getting a big pile of celestial love with a big new novel and some other goodies besides:

image.jpeg.0405d9ada26bf33cfbf356a70faa9b8b.jpeg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/26/join-yndrasta-on-a-legendary-hunt-in-her-first-first-full-length-black-library-outing/

Really cool background city as well:

Yndrsata has her work cut out for her – she’s been sent to defend the sled-city of Riika-Min, a nomadic metropolis that skids across the icy tundras of Ghur, from the gargantuan kraken that threatens to smash it asunder.

To get the lay of the land, the gold-clad huntress befriends Njda, a local who soon discovers that Yndrasta’s ferocity may even outstrip the leviathan menacing her home.

Speaking of backgrounds, the Blacktalon article showcases some great jaw-droppers.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/26/the-making-of-blacktalon-how-the-mortal-realms-were-brought-to-life-for-warhammer/

image.jpeg.b73f273df08aa9b7219389f43fd032f3.jpeg

Finally, an auspicious day for Khorne fans as Reddit managed to post 2 corny jokes near the same time. Not really news but that’s gotta mean something in this crazy reality.

image.png.ffa6f4522e59872563cf884282703f66.png

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

This thread gives off so many good vibes ! It's great to see how many people love and involve themselves in AoS.

it makes me want to write stuff for AOS but lately I've barely had the energy to read or paint let alone write 😢

really looking forward to seeing all the fan works after we finish out 2023 strong with new Cities, Seraphon, and FEC.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Maybe I'm thinking of a lack of social media links for the community painters they display? I thought I remembered older articles only doing first names for non-employees too

this is the first that came to my mind and it has full names so maybe it was the links thing

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/26/gorgeously-painted-draconith-princes-from-around-the-community/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...