The Warhammer News Thread

Mutton

On 7/31/2021 at 1:07 PM, Mutton said:

In an effort to clearly partition official news topics from leaks and rumors, I give you The Warhammer News Thread.

Feel free to discuss official announcements, Warhammer community posts, model reveals, company news/revelations, potential release dates for confirmed products, etc. All unofficial rumormongering and leaked models/rules for unreleased products goes to The Rumor Thread.

Examples:
A) An official Warhammer community post revealing Dragons. You can discuss the Dragons here.
B) Company financial reports are released. You can discuss corporate liabilities here.
C) Someone on Youtube/Reddit/Twitter says Chaos Dwarf models are coming and/or shows potato cam leaks. You can discuss those at The Rumor Thread.

Enjoy.

Can't wait for this thread to turn into another 72,000 post off-topic thread.

Why do we have a whole forum again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Fairbanks said:

Can't wait for this thread to turn into another 72,000 post off-topic thread.

Why do we have a whole forum again?

Yeah, splitting rumours from news is less useful than trying to split off topic stuff from rumours and news. But... we've had off topic threads before though, and they've never gotten the kind of traction the rumour thread gets. I think at this point it is what it is an will never change.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well I appreciate the compartmentalization attempt, @Mutton.

It's nice to read a thread title and know what I'm getting into. 

It's very tiresome having to wade through folks "feelings" when all I want to know is if anyone has spotted any new destro models or if a juicy wisper on the winds has been heard. 

New dragons are dope. Hopefully this means there's more on the way for the Kruleboyz. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mutton said:

I'd say they're official sneak peaks more than anything, so probably here. They're not really rumors, despite the name. Discussion of news and 'rumor engines' tend to go hand-in-hand anyway.

I was just joking with my post, bud! 😇👍🏻

I do wonder if those dragons could be assembled without riders though. Or if I could just proxy some Wild Riders on them. Oh, I can even equip Wild Riders with sword (I have 3 spare already) or lance as well, it's perfect! Those dragons look very cool, but those Stormcast in bulky heavy armour feel kina out of place on them.

So yea, I'm one of those die hard Wood Elves and dragons fans. And while I do enjoy that Stormcast are somewhat trying to break away from Ground Marines aestetic, I still... despise them... So... Much... I do have nothing against Stormcast fans, I do see what kind of good appeal they can have, but for me Stromcast lore is kinda a miss and their aestetic is extremely not my cup of tea. And GW constant attemps to artificially force a poster faction on a fandom, when other races still haven't got much deserved updated kits or a second wave (when Lumineth getting it so early caused a jealous uproar, while Stormcat roster is already bigger than CoS and is still getting new waves) leaves a very sour taste. At least GW are not obsessed with SC as much as they are obsessed with Space Marines, that still leaves us with a good chance of having balanced model range.

... But I still want those dragons damn it.

Edited by Zeblasky
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Is it only me, or does it look like they are way up in the sky with those clear sticks/poles from the base?

With the way their wings are posed thats probably a good thing. Might even make them easier to use in game since they are high enough to (hopefully) not get all tangled with the unit they are charging.

Still look like a nightmare to transport... But, as any transport concerns, if you arent on the magnet train by now nothing can help you.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

that she like dthe idea of magic being a dark pact which destroys the mages physical health "just like wizards in fantasy novels". To which I thought, that's not really a generic trope, that's just Raistlin, I

The classic Warhammer trope would be more like magic destroying the mage‘s MENTAL health.

Which is a quite influential trope in any Dark Fantasy. And, back to topic, that’s what I think whenever I see dragonriders in exotic armor: Melniboné. 😁

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 2

Sorry that I default to the rumour thread but this should also be posted here? I typically like posting such things there as it can then be cross referenced to any rumours, particularly in this case as I am personally hoping this is related to Malerion or the Umbraneth.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/03/the-rumour-engine-3rd-august-2021/
WHxWAzGg0Y2jg0jq.jpg

Edited by Neverchosen

I like the new dragons, they will be interesting to see in different colours. It will be interesting to see if dragons appear in other factions in this new form. [Thinking the new Blood dragons riding blue/black dragons..].

Also that rumour engine photo is likely 40k Eldar Avatar of Khaine- thats his bloody hand I think.

30 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I like the new dragons, they will be interesting to see in different colours. It will be interesting to see if dragons appear in other factions in this new form. [Thinking the new Blood dragons riding blue/black dragons..].

Also that rumour engine photo is likely 40k Eldar Avatar of Khaine- thats his bloody hand I think.

I know is 40k,but it would be rad to finally give craftworld eldar some love and Khaine Avatar is a really beautiful concept (imho they could make it usable by Dok in some way?even after Morathi became sort of Khaine).

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zeblasky said:

What happened? They can't receice any new stuff from GW due to COVID?

The warehouse is in a region that's under lockdown, so they've closed down operations for the time being. Australia is taking COVID prevention very seriously.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Sorry that I default to the rumour thread but this should also be posted here? I typically like posting such things there as it can then be cross referenced to any rumours, particularly in this case as I am personally hoping this is related to Malerion or the Umbraneth.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/03/the-rumour-engine-3rd-august-2021/
WHxWAzGg0Y2jg0jq.jpg

Likely Eldar Avatar (spikes and the blood from his bloody pauldron are spot on)

On 8/2/2021 at 12:41 PM, japaricio said:

So with these new drakes, we can take out stormcast from the equation for this rumor engine:

image.png.f212075e302dd0680034efabf55cf73e.png

Something about the metal work seems like Necromunda, but tribal.... Ratskins I'd say

• Like 1