Building a fully converted barbarian army - any suggestions?

Hi everyone,

I recently painted some Kruleboyz, and I loved the colours and basing I stumbled upon while doing them. The models were destined for my brother and his existing Waaghh but I am now hooked on the idea of some barbarians. The only models left in my pile of shame are some Hedonites I'm struggling to finish due to the dread of actually using them!

Ideally I'm looking for an army with lots of conversion opportunity, with theme being more important than competitive rating. So far my ideas are:

Cities of Sigmar - leaning into dwarves and kit-bashing with Fyreslayers, some of the more generic looking marauder type humans, etc.

Blades of Khorne/Slaves to Darkness - going all-out on the frozen Norsemen theme

Ogre Mawtribes - lots of similar textures to the Kruleboyz so might translate well, but I'm stuck on how to convert them to a theme - maybe Space Wolves bitz?

Which of these sounds cooler, or is there another faction that I'm missing who fits the bill? I'm attaching the Kruleboy that gave me the idea so you can see what I'm thinking of. Take a look, then see if you can picture an army of similar-looking models...

Really appreciate any help before I sacrifice my wallet to the dark Gods/Sigmar/whatever...

Krule.PNG.31041995d27fbfe20acabea1e9f0c232.png