Soulblight 750 Lists -- Feedback Requested, Escalation League

Blutsteigen

Greetings.  I could use some feedback on a 750 point list for an upcoming Escalation League.

Note: We can change any models we want between games, just must keep the same Army. I have several Directions I can go in, here's two options:

Firs Listt:

Allegiance: Soulblight Gravelords
- Lineage: Vyrkos Dynasty
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:
LEADERS
Radukar the Beast (315)
- General
UNITS
20 x Deadwalker Zombies (115)
5 x Blood Knights (195)

The 2nd:

Player Name: Snackelwolf
Allegiance: Soulblight Gravelords
 - Grand Strategy:
 - Triumphs:
LEADERS
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (435)
- Deathlance
UNITS
5 x Blood Knights (195)

I have a lot of assembly to do, and not much time.
The zombies are not yet done, but i have Rad, the knights and the wolves rad will summon finished. I own an array of other models, but not a Vampire on Zombie Dragon. Mostly new heroes, and lots of units + start collecting box. Any feedback appreciated.

On 7/20/2021 at 5:41 AM, Blutsteigen said:

PS the 2nd list is not legal -- the ZOmbie Dragon is over half my point total.

Can't comment on the list much as I've not got any games in!

One thing that is possible would be to make your zombie dragon so that the rider can be removed.  The vampire is separate (and would recommend you leave them off to paint), and you could either put a pin in their bottom and a hole in the seat, or glue a small magnet in the two models.  Would mean you can run it as either a zombie dragon on it's own (within the limits of a 750 game) or with the rider for bigger games.  You could even paint up a "matching" vampire on foot for your smaller games as I think the points work out the same which would add a nice narrative element to your games

If you're using the standard zombie dragon & rider model & want the rider to be removeable, you don't even need a pin or magnet.  In fact, I'd specifically recommend NOT using a pin.  The armor of the rider and saddle on the dragon are shaped in such a way that the rider fits and stays snuggly in place without any glue or other bond already, and in fact has to slide in at a bit of a tilt and angle that a pin would obstruct, potentially leading to a damage paint job as you remove and replace the model over time.  Magnets wouldn't cause the same problem, but really shouldn't be necessary either.

As for the list... eh, it looks fine.  IMO it's not worth worrying about how well early stages of an escalation list play since it won't be long until you're expanding anyway.  As long as the stuff you're painting will still be decent later you're fine.

Personally, though, if I were playing in an escalation league I'd also use the opportunity to combine that with a Path to Glory.  I mean, might as well, right?  But that would involve fielding at least one non-unique character to be your warlord.

Edited by Sception

9 hours ago, Liquidsteel said:

hasn't fallen out once

Maybe your playing wrong with your miniatures…

🛫✈️🛩🛬🚀

mine always comes loose after the second death dive of destruction

Edited by Honk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1