Kruelboyz: new edition, new army!

Elmir

Hey folks

Time to try something different than undead armies! I really like what GW did with the Kruelboyz, even though it doesn't seem to be everybody's cup of tea. 

I absolutely love them though. So much so that I'm hoping to have a swamp themed terrain set for my gaming room to go alongside them in the near future. 

Anyway, Dominion would be the best place to start, so I got the first models to a battle ready standard: 

qcx56yfif6c71.jpg?width=3102&format=pjpg

1e022vlif6c71.jpg?width=2807&format=pjpg

mem8cxqif6c71.jpg?width=2820&format=pjpg

Still some things to finish on them, like the faces (quite an important bit in fact) and some extra scratches and highlights on the leather parts. 

• Like 12
  • LOVE IT! 4

46 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

These look great! How did you do that colour and effect on the armour?

The armour is a bascoat of ironhands steel. The whole model received an all over Army painter dark tone wash (synthetic version, thinned with mineral spirit). After that basecoat, it got hit with a mix of matt medium and Vallejo rust pigments, some thinned nihilax oxide in places and a drybrush of steel. The metal bits were given a coat of satin varnish with a tad of army painter dark tone in the end to revive the metallics after an all over matt varnish was applied. 

• Thanks 1

I do love the result, but I think that the bases are too bright compared to the miniatures, and stand out more in comparison. The problem may be with the nurgle´s rot, maybe you shold try darkening the "water" just a little bit...

Edited by Jymmy

On 7/19/2021 at 4:52 PM, Elmir said:

The armour is a bascoat of ironhands steel. The whole model received an all over Army painter dark tone wash (synthetic version, thinned with mineral spirit). After that basecoat, it got hit with a mix of matt medium and Vallejo rust pigments, some thinned nihilax oxide in places and a drybrush of steel. The metal bits were given a coat of satin varnish with a tad of army painter dark tone in the end to revive the metallics after an all over matt varnish was applied. 

If I may pry a little deeper into your artistic secrets - is this the same technique you used on the shields as well? They look a little more green/yellow than the armour.

On 7/25/2021 at 9:52 AM, Acrozatarim said:

If I may pry a little deeper into your artistic secrets - is this the same technique you used on the shields as well? They look a little more green/yellow than the armour.

No, these were given a basecoat of Vallejo Bronze and weathered with watered down nihilax oxide. 

It was still shaded deeper with that army painter dark tone wash and given a silver drybrush, so the difference is there, but a bit more subtle. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...