Lumineth 1000pts Zaitrec

GlunV

Hiho guys, 
i am new at LRL with AoS 3.0.
What would you say about the following list? Need some help, ideas for changes and where applicable some criticism.
Thx in advance.

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Great Nation: Zaitrec
- Mortal Realm: Hysh
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Scinari Cathallar (145) in Battle Regiment
- General
- Command Trait: Fast Learner 
- Artefact: Gift of Celennar 
- Extra Spell: Total Eclipse
- Lore of Hysh: Speed of Hysh
Lyrior Uthralle, Warden of Ymetrica (215) in Battle Regiment
- Extra Spell: Total Eclipse
- Lore of Hysh: Speed of Hysh

Battleline
10 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (145) in Battle Regiment
- Lore of Hysh: Lambent Light
10 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (145) in Battle Regiment
- Lore of Hysh: Lambent Light
20 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (300) in Battle Regiment
- Lore of Hysh: Protection of Hysh
- Reinforced x 1

Endless Spells & Invocations
Chronomantic Cogs (45)

Core Battalions
Battle Regiment

Total: 995 / 1000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 2
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 51

• Like 2

Hey there and welcome to Enlightenment. 

Looks very solid, but I don't get Lyrior in your list. If I'm not mistaken he already has the Ymetrica keyword, so he wouldn't get the extra spell, nor would he benefit from the bonus to casting. Take a vanilla Lord Regent instead. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GlunV said:

and what can i do with the other other points?

the extra spell isnt that important, because he knows only one spell less.

That point thing is a problem. With the switch to 3rd Edition and the increase in points, many former combinations don't work anymore. Lunineth seems to have it especially bad, since there are no units or heroes under 100 points. E.g. the contents of the launch box set don't fit into 500 points anymore.

Another thing about Lyrior: you can't give him Speed of Hysh either. He knows Greater Power of Hysh (plus Arcane Bolt and Mystic Shield). The regular Lord Regent could take either Speed of Hysh or Eclipse because Zaitrec, but the other needs to be Greater Power as well. Then he'd also always know Overwhelming Heat because, again, Zaitrec.

Similarly all your Vanari units know Bolt, Shield, Overwhelming Heat, and 2 spells from Lore of Hysh as long as the count as Sorcerers.

On 7/19/2021 at 5:28 AM, GlunV said:

and what can i do with the other other points?

the extra spell isnt that important, because he knows only one spell less.

I think Maogrim is right. Lyrior doesn't do much for you over a Lord Regent, and doesn't get any of the benefits from Zaitrec. So you more often than not, wouldn't get your Total Eclipse cast with him if you needed to. If you use the Lord Regent, you can also add another Endless Spell. Especially if you have Cogs, you want to use the additional casts. A Lifeswarm, Shackels, or even a cute little Burning Head with the option of getting your Triumph probably will do much more for your than the added value Lyrior brings over a Lord Regent.

If you feel like you are always starving for more CP, then you could change it again.

I would probably also split the 20 Sentinels into two 10s for the extra cast. You can still add things like Ethereal, and more Protection of Hysh, a Solar Flare in case there is a powerful caster on the others side, or more redundancies. 

• Like 1