AoS 3 - Nighthaunt Discussion

dmorley21

If it makes you feel any better, I've gone all in on Banshees. My list is below but it's still on the painting table to no games yet. I'll let you know how it goes though.

Allegiance: Nighthaunt
- Procession: Reikenor's Condemned
- Grand Strategy: Predator's Domain

Leaders
Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (135)
Reikenor the Grimhailer (165)
- General
Lady Olynder, Mortarch of Grief (215)
Dreadblade Harrow (100)
Dreadblade Harrow (100)
Knight of Shrouds (100)
- Allies

Battleline
10 x Chainrasp Horde (95)

Units
8 x Myrmourn Banshees (150)
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
4 x Myrmourn Banshees (75)

4 hours ago, Rors said:

If it makes you feel any better, I've gone all in on Banshees. My list is below but it's still on the painting table to no games yet. I'll let you know how it goes though.

- Grand Strategy: Predator's Domain

Leaders
Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (135)
Reikenor the Grimhailer (165)
- General
Lady Olynder, Mortarch of Grief (215)
Dreadblade Harrow (100)
Dreadblade Harrow (100)
Knight of Shrouds (100)
- Allies

Battleline

Units
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1

Looks like a fun list!

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2021 at 8:35 AM, Ellarr said:

It was actually a little better than it looks as well due to the quirks of the battle pack.

Due to 3rd edition being relatively new, the TO decided to remove the Predator's and Prey rule from the battlepack, which essentially meant there was no bonus points for killing monsters. Of the two games I lost, one would have drawn (where I win a minor victory on kill points) and the other I would have won outright. Now obviously, if those losses were wins my placement would have been higher and I would have gone up against stiffer competition but the Nighthaunt did well.

I'm planning on doing more of a thorough write up for Goonhammer as I have the time and collect my thoughts, but quick hit takeaways:

- Harridans are great at 160, and not being battleline is quietly a nice little thing because it means you don't expose them to an easy Broken Ranks opportunity for your opponent.
- Spirit Hosts did quite well to clog up the board with Mannfred next to them and I want to shuffle things around to get 9 in.
- Grimghast Reapers were bad and did nothing all weekend, but I kind of knew that going in as a unit of 10 just doesn't have the output.
- Mannfred was MVP because he's effectively immortal against Combat armies and can really be such a nuisance.
- Krulghast was great all weekend long, just helping make us a little less fragile.

My opponents were:

Round 1: FEC with smash bat + 2 vargheists, comfortable victory because Mannfred could just make him pick up a threat a turn.
Round 2: Vyrkos Soulblight with lots of zombies, Radukar, Grave Guard and a VloZD... lost by one point (but killed his VLOZD so would have drawn and won a minor victory if P&P was in effect -_-) due to him having better board control than me.
Round 3: Sons of Behemat, won due to some unlucky rolls on my opponents part but I killed 2 Megas and a Gargant leaving him with one Gargant left by the end of the game which was surprising.
Round 4: Sons of Behemat, lost on turn 5 due to the priority roll not going my way (would have won if got it), but would have won due to P&P points if that was in effect as with Round 2.
Round 5: 80 Phoenix Guard in a Phoenicium list. This list was sneaky nightmarish as both the anointed and phoenix announted give command auras, so he could stack a ****** load of effects on the PG to make them killing machines. We were both rolling so many dice we only got 3 turns in and I won due to making him fail 2 battle tactics over the course of the turn, Spirit Hosts were MVPs for surviving a round of combat against 30 PG with 2 attacks each 3s RR 1s/3s RRing all.

Great games and great opponents, though I was a bit bummed out to go against SOB twice just because those games are so mentally draining haha.

Revamped list based off my thoughts:

- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Reikenor the Grimhailer (165) in Warlord
- Lore of the Underworlds: Soul Cage
Spirit Torment (115) in Battle Regiment
- Artefact: Midnight Tome - Shademist
Krulghast Cruciator (120) in Battle Regiment
- General
- Command Trait: Ruler of the Spirit Hosts
Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (135) in Battle Regiment
- Artefact: Corpse Candle
- Lore of the Underworlds: Soul Cage
Mannfred von Carstein, Mortarch of Night (380) in Warlord
- Allies

Battleline
20 x Chainrasp Horde (190) in Battle Regiment
- Reinforced x 1
20 x Chainrasp Horde (190) in Battle Regiment
- Reinforced x 1
9 x Spirit Hosts (375) in Warlord
- Reinforced x 2

Units
10 x Dreadscythe Harridans (160) in Battle Regiment
10 x Dreadscythe Harridans (160) in Battle Regiment

Core Battalions
Battle Regiment
Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Allies: 380 / 400
Wounds: 122

Basically I'm cutting the Reapers and the Shyish Reaper endless spell to get 3 more spirit hosts and buff the second unit of rasps to 20 to make achieving Broken Ranks harder. I loved Shyish Reaper and it had utility all weekend long but I think I value having the bodies more and it's the only way I can make the points work.

@Ellarr I was the NH player on adjacent table in Game 4, I think it's interesting that we have tweaked our lists in the opposite direction, I've removed some bodies (10 blades as the retreat and charge mechanic is now hampered by overwatch and re-deploy) and added in some endless spells (shackles and terminexus) as felt I was missing something. After our discussion also added in the Cruciator to add some extra resilience. I've also dropped dreadblade as a combination of smaller board, loss of doubling down on teleporting CA and no 7" cogs charges meant that I felt his impact on the game was minimal (this makes me sad). I liked the balance of the core of my list so interested to see if tweaks help or throw the balance. 

On 8/6/2021 at 9:19 PM, punkycloud said:

@Ellarr I was the NH player on adjacent table in Game 4, I think it's interesting that we have tweaked our lists in the opposite direction, I've removed some bodies (10 blades as the retreat and charge mechanic is now hampered by overwatch and re-deploy) and added in some endless spells (shackles and terminexus) as felt I was missing something. After our discussion also added in the Cruciator to add some extra resilience. I've also dropped dreadblade as a combination of smaller board, loss of doubling down on teleporting CA and no 7" cogs charges meant that I felt his impact on the game was minimal (this makes me sad). I liked the balance of the core of my list so interested to see if tweaks help or throw the balance. 

Hey man! Yeah it's interesting to compare notes as we've both taken a very different approach.

For what it's worth I've shuffled things around to put the terminexus in as when I realised how long range and AOE it is it felt daft not to. I do like the Dreadblade but I found that I wanted all my heroes to pull a lot of weight and the dreadblade is just there for cute teleport shenanigans and as I play Reikenor's Condemned I'm less dependent on that because Reikenor/Cruciator deployed separately on the board cover a lot of board space as it is.

Interesting that you're still keen on Bladegheists, I am really wary of them when its 18 points per wound in a mortal wound world but you've clearly had some success.

12 minutes ago, Jabbuk said:

So, I have a strange question about Chainghasts. They're a unit of two models.. how does it work for movement? Do they need to be in coherency of each other at all times? Can I simply move one one way and the other the other way? 

They are a unit of 2, so they have to follow the same unit consistency rules any other unit does, which is staying within 1" horizontally and 6" vertically of each other.

• Like 1

Sotek certainly builds... erm... different lists, but hey, somebody's got to break the mold sometimes. Outside of him falling into the Krulghast "Does his ability affect Mortal Wounds" argument (I think we shrug MWs on 5s, but I guess its up to the TO for now) and having to awkwardly walk back his very strong enthusiasm about it ("I guess... I mean shrugging on 6s isn't terrible." :/), his tactics make sense on paper. I have a real hard time believing the idea of us having ways to do damage to the point of actually being able to remove large monsters from the table reliably though. Sure we have a lot of re-roll and pluses we can apply thanks to GoS and ST, and yes Chainrasps can indeed pour a good bit of dice on the table, but our armies lack of decent rend and damage and our opponents use of Mystic Shield and All Out Defense on top of some armies having good saves in general hurts us pretty badly.

Maybe Sotek's dice are more hot than they are cold or I keep mine in the freezer too long, but my feeling is when I run my Chainrasps I can roll 20-30 dice sure, but after our subpar hit and wound numbers and the opponents decent saves, I'm lucky to plink three or four one wound models from a unit, then my opponent fights back and takes down 7 or 8 of my rasps down after I fail my ward saves. The idea that I have to contemplate having to use the auto-pass morale command on a unit with 10 bravery leaves a real sour taste in my mouth.

• Like 2

If Coach chose Sotek to talk about Nighthaunt, I think it was because he's been a solid player and knows the faction. I'll second that his list and playstyle are very unorthodox for us, but I also say that I've never gone up against the meta that he mentioned. I plan on using his list/tactic in the future to see how it feels. I will also put a slight criticism on Sotek in that I have never seen a competitive-level player play NH and get the names of the abilities right. Just my pettiness here, but they get other armies right, but for us it's always "that one that does X" or "uh, uh, uh...yeah, that." Not a criticism of Sotek himself, just in general.

Similarly, his excitement and love of KC and his ward save was killed on camera, not by Coach, but by the comments. This makes me believe that Sotek has played the KC at competitive-level events already and no one challenged it. He had such a completeness of what the shooting, combined with buffs of the other heroes, can do to various opponent types that I think he's ran this list or a similar one with a KC in it a lot, and other similarly competitive players accepted the KC saving both mortals and normals on a 5+. Even Coach was a little hand-wavy, saying that he's heard the comparison to DoK a lot, but he didn't think it was the same argument and a FAQ is needed, but stopped just short of saying that it didn't matter, hinting that at that level it's accepted.

I am very happy to hear Sotek talk about a fighting tactic that wasn't Hammer and Anvil. The "deathstar" he talked about he goes into a bit more detail toward the end of the video is a main force in front in a semi-circle, all heroes in the center, with a secondary force on the table. He mentions the Pendant of Fell Winds for speed of the main pack and the mobility of Underworlds for the roaming force. This means he uses the Pincer tactic without a diversionary force. Or, rather, the diversionary force is the pack of heroes in the center which should all be targeted but any one is only partially important to the whole. I love this and is the main reason I want to try this list. I want to see my opponent try to work out the math on what's the better tactical kill and if I can punish them for any choice. But, he didn't get into how the fighting actually works. Chainrasps can attack over themselves, k. Reapers can attack over the 'rasps. But Kurdoss? Does the star open an edge for him? Does he charge over top? Does he try to swing over the 'rasps, too? He mentions that he's mostly there for his newly enhanced CP-steal, but also loves his damage. How does he leverage it?

The only comment I'll make about Sotek's enthusiasm is that I love to see it. That's some joy right there. It's sad the comments tried to kill it, or he took it that way, but it's a genuine appreciation for the game and the faction, which we need. Over the top sometimes? Yeah. Overly critical of some design elements? We're guilty of that, too. Honestly, I'd love to spend two hours talking about it all with him, myself.

• Like 5

I found it surprising how much faith he had in his characters being durable too.

I don't have the experience in the game to argue against him, it's encouraging to hear someone so passionate about Nighthaunt... He just seemed to have a very off meta idea about the units and the game. That said, with NHs terrible win stats I guess you'd have to go off meta if you want to discuss competitive lists.

On 8/13/2021 at 12:36 AM, EnixLHQ said:

...Honestly, I'd love to spend two hours talking about it all with him, myself.

What if we did something crazy, like invite him to an impromptu podcast of sorts, nothing official or anything just get him in a call and record it, then post it here and discuss. @EnixLHQ could talk with him and I would host it.

A crazy thought I know, but a fun thought nonetheless :D

Edited by CaptainSoup
  • LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, CaptainSoup said:

What if we did something crazy, like invite him to an impromptu podcast of sorts, nothing official or anything just get him in a call and record it, then post it here and discuss. @EnixLHQ could talk with him and I would host it.

I'm down. I love the idea.

• Like 1

Escalation League: 1250 points

3 games down, 3 wins. Okay, now I'm getting suspicious...

To refresh the rules of the league, each game is an increment of 250 points. So for three games it's 750, 1000, and 1250 so far. Next game will be 1500. We have an odd number of players, so the winner of the first game becomes the champion to defeat in the next game. After each game we get to add our new point limit to our lists and make minor changes, but we have to keep the core of our lists the same, so no more than two units can be removed at a time, but there's nothing holding you back on additions.

My 1250 point list:

Spoiler

- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: Indomitable

Leaders
Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (135)**
- General
- Artefact: Corpse Candle
- Lore of the Underworlds: Shademist
Krulghast Cruciator (120)**
- Artefact: Midnight Tome - Spirit Drain
Spirit Torment (115)**

Battleline
20 x Chainrasp Horde (190)*
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Grimghast Reapers (155)*

Units
2 x Chainghasts (75)**
10 x Dreadscythe Harridans (160)*
10 x Dreadscythe Harridans (160)**

Endless Spells & Invocations
Mortalis Terminexus (85)
Suffocating Gravetide (50)

Core Battalions
*Hunters of the Heartlands
**Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1245 / 1000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 2
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 70
Drops: 8

Compared to the last round, I dropped a unit of Reapers and picked up a reinforced unit of Chainraps and a unit of Chainghasts, and two Endless Spells. I also changed artifact holders and spells, made necessary by adding the Procession: Reikenor's Condemned. Lastly the Grand Strategy was updated to Prized Sorcery.

My opponent was either going to be a classic (before Dominion) Stormcast list or a Living Cities list, so I wanted to start building for inevitable monsters and elites on the field, while also being prepared for horde units. I thought I would be able to hit hordes extra hard with Gravetide, but that didn't work out so well.

I ended up pitted against the Living City staring down the barrel of a Spirit of Durthu, a Treelord Ancient, and a bunch of swords and boards and a couple units of ranged.

Takeaways from this game:

Spoiler
  • Pros
    • Once again the Harridans are superstars. They are "stand and fight" troops, and when up against anything with Bravery 7 or lower their built-in -1 to be hit makes them into almost an anvil. Almost, as I still wouldn't advise anyone to think of them that way, but it makes them have tools for both foot soldier and elite enemies. Combined with a Spirit Torment rerolling 1's meant that the exploding 6s happened a lot, and if in range of the GoS their wounds on a 2+ made them some amazing damage dealers. A unit of 10 of these, with some ward saves and magic backup, was able to take down the Spirit of Durthu (who had the command trait to give itself +1 save) in 2 turns of combat.
    • Spirit Drain. I kept my eye on this spell just for such an occasion. This landing just once on Durthu, combined with my constant harassments from the Harridans, proved to be enough to take the giant down and net me the Battle Tactic for it.
    • As always, as long as there is a horde on the table, Reapers will eat it for lunch. No different here. Made my choice of destroying an enemy battleline Battle Tactic and easy win.
    • Chainrasps. Okay, I have to admit I was wrong here. I heard the murmurs that with Reikenor's Condemned the 'rasps were going to be the new workhorse of our army, and I've done the math to work it out, but this was the first time I got to use them in practice. Yes. Yes they are. Their damage output is rendless, so you will want to think about what you send them up against, but with the famine of unit sizes in full effect a unit of 20 of these will stick around to be a great big nescience to anyone. Despite the 5+ save, I never lost the whole unit, but I did have to use my Triumph to keep them around at one point. I plan on expanding this to a full reinforced unit of 30, because yes, they will output damage enough to dictate where the big fight is going to be on the table.
    • Chainghasts. So...hmm. These guys are in the Pro column because they performed their role perfectly. They were there to make sure the Spirit Torment, which I knew was going to be hard-targeted for erasure off the board, had a backup for empowering the Chainrasps, and that's exactly what happened. I could have brought an other Spirit Torment instead of these guys and the Gravetide, but I had a hero limit, so these guys were it. Glad I brought them, because the Spirit Torment did indeed bite the dust. As far as their damage output, though, I never got more than 4 attacks for the pair, of which maybe 1 would land, and I never had the opportunity to try to rack up the flail attacks in melee. I think as long as you keep their purpose in mind they do it well enough.
  • Cons
    • Suffocating Gravetide. I think I hate this spell. This dumptruck of a base size with only a --wholly within-- 6" cast range, meant that my casters who were hiding in the thick of their troops didn't have any room to set it down in an advantageous way. It ended up being a pure waste of points, because even though I cast it at the bottom of the second turn, and it moved 8" every hero phase, it never reached an enemy unit. It would have on turn 3, but not with enough movement to go over the unit, and thus it wouldn't have done anything until the bottom of turn 3, assuming the unit it got close to didn't just move away. 0/10
    • Mortalis Terminexus. Uh, okay. So this spell worked better for me in damage mode than it did for me in heal mode. Much like we commented before, if a hero gets selected to die, Look Out Sir! isn't going to be enough to prevent that. 5 unsaved, unmitigated wounds later my ST was no more and this thing wouldn't have helped. The only other damage my heroes suffered was 1 on my KC who just hero-flexed and healed it on his own. But, though its damage output is low and behind a dice-check, it did chip away at some key units on the field. This is in the Cons column because it's now in a spot where if I can better spend the points elsewhere I will, but it will stay if that's not the case.
    • From the Underworlds. Always put at least one unit in the Underworlds. Always. And this isn't a slight against the ability, but with so many bodies on the table at this point level and the table size not increasing yet, meant that I could only end up zoning in what I had in reserves in my own deployment zone even by turn 3. In that case I might as well have had them on the table from the start. It still served the purpose of making my opponent keep his back line zoned out and not rush everything forward, which is and will always be a huge win for us, but it feels bad to look at my unit of Harridans that just sat there all game.

Looking forward:

At 1500 points things change. Hero limit goes up to 4. Reinforcement limit is now 3. The board is now 44x60. Everything gets just a bit bigger.

I might use the extra hero slot for a second ST to pal around with the Harridans and drop the Chainghasts, Captured Soul Energy just too stronk. Chainrasps get reinforced again for sure. If I drop the Terminexus I can bring the Black Coach. Or, if I keep the Terminexus I could also bring the Vault of Souls and keep the Chainghasts or slot in Myrmourn Banshees, instead. Or, I could drop both Endless Spells and add a Spirit Torment and a Spirit Host unit reinforced once. If I did that I'd switch the General over to him to back up those 3-wound bases with RotSH.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

How are people finding getting in attacks with 32mm base size units? I have been playing Dreadscythe Harridans but really struggle to get in all their attacks while maintaining coherency. I know it's theoretically possible to arrange them in 'squashed triangles of three' and get all their hits in but this isn't very practical, takes lots of shuffling/measuring and is not effective when going up against enemy units with low model numbers. Am I missing any simple tricks?

On 8/16/2021 at 2:42 PM, Yeknomious said:

How are people finding getting in attacks with 32mm base size units? I have been playing Dreadscythe Harridans but really struggle to get in all their attacks while maintaining coherency. I know it's theoretically possible to arrange them in 'squashed triangles of three' and get all their hits in but this isn't very practical, takes lots of shuffling/measuring and is not effective when going up against enemy units with low model numbers. Am I missing any simple tricks?

I've been assigning 3 out of my 10 to be "cohesion buddies." All they do is make sure all hands are being held properly. I'm not too put off by it since my opponent has to do the same. We both view it as, yes 7 out of 10 will attack at a given time, but once you lose 5 suddenly 3 more enter the fray. Kind of like a second wind as the unit dies down.

915345359_Coherency32m.png.6b75e56f5503ec37684f7a64f9737665.png

This gives the distances some play. So if my line needs to wrap around an enemy unit or a large base, I can shift a few millimeters and still have coherency. And, as I take models away, the "buddies" in the back can use their 3" pile in to fill gaps to keep the lines overlapping.

This doesn't apply to Reapers, of course. They stay in two ranks, even while wrapping around a target.

Edited by EnixLHQ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Yeknomious said:

46 minutes ago, EnixLHQ said:

I've been assigning 3 out of my 10 to be "cohesion buddies." All they do is make sure all hands are being held properly. I'm not too put off by it since my opponent has to do the same. We both view it as, yes 7 out of 10 will attack at a given time, but once you lose 5 suddenly 3 more enter the fray. Kind of like a second wind as the unit dies down.

915345359_Coherency32m.png.6b75e56f5503ec37684f7a64f9737665.png

This gives the distances some play. So if my line needs to wrap around an enemy unit or a large base, I can shift a few millimeters and still have coherency. And, as I take models away, the "buddies" in the back can use their 3" pile in to fill gaps to keep the lines overlapping. Since coherency matters only at the end of a turn as long as the unit exists you will always have that 3" of play, so long as anything you move ends up as close or closer to the enemy unit.

This doesn't apply to Reapers, of course. They stay in two ranks, even while wrapping around a target.

This has been my experience too. 7 out of 10 getting in. It's why Reapers got a hypothetical buff - though I've had trouble with them too as there aren't as many hordes running around now. 

22 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

This has been my experience too. 7 out of 10 getting in. It's why Reapers got a hypothetical buff - though I've had trouble with them too as there aren't as many hordes running around now. 

Same. Which is why I reduced them to 1 unit in my escalation league list for now.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 9:23 PM, Rors said:

I generally really like AoS Coach and Sotek is clearly a passionate Nighthaunt player but I was scratching my head more than a few times watching that video.

Thanks Rors.

I will say one thing here that I haven't already addressed in the comments section of the YouTube video.

Live talking about your lists is tough and without pausing the discussion to bring up warscrolls, we're prone to error or remembering things incorrectly. He isn't the first and won't be the last to say the wrong thing on YouTube. We've since made a post below the video with a few of the errors we've picked up.

I picked Sotek because he's not only a very passionate Nighthaunt player but also because he's been playing them since 2e, has been running them in local events in 3e, and has been getting a fair amount of reps in between TTS and IRL.

Some of the errors slid in because my computer has been on the way out. Normally I have the relevant documents like warscrolls on my browser so I can check in the moment to keep the guest talking but this week I had to stop doing that. That's on me for not helping my guest.

Despite some of the errors, I will say it's still a relevant and interesting way of looking at Nighthaunt. I'm used to players pairing up their units in pairs or trios. I can also appreciate listening you were probably a little frustrated hearing some mistakes wishing you could correct us.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my TED Talk. This won't be the only Nighthaunt video I'll do on AoS Coach

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 8/14/2021 at 1:49 AM, CaptainSoup said:

So an update on this. After speaking with @EnixLHQ I went ahead and contacted Sotek to see if he was interested in talking and he was more than happy to oblige! With that I give you Enix and Sotek's extended conversation on Nighthaunt! 

A couple things to point out about the conversation:

• First and foremost Enix and Sotek were great guests and it was a pleasure to host their conversation.
  • Second this was done pretty much off the cuff and the recording is pretty much unedited. There were a couple of Discord beeps and I a stumble a bit at the start.

Despite these small hiccups the overall conversation between Enix and Sotek was great and was very informative even with the amateur style recording. Anyone with an interest in Nighthaunt should definitely give this a listen!

Thanks again to @EnixLHQ and LoremasterSotek for the conversation and I hope that the conversation provides insight for others who have an interest in Nighthaunt and hope to give them a try sometime!

EDIT2: Here is the thumbnail image for the conversation created by EnixLHQ!

Pcast.png.1342f49bfe8d7c66e589c9151e474b60.png

Updated Download with the Thumbnail and other metadata courtesy of EnixLHQ:

Updated Audio file with Thumbnail

EDIT: Here are the images Sotek mentioned during the conversation:

20210718_103230.jpg.bbb0725f4255645c48eed8a6ed05d53a.jpg20210718_135702.jpg.7ae07363c2693d5524a95b5c39df8e4a.jpg

2103868769_EnixLHQTalksNighthauntwithLoremasterofSotek.mp3

a91kye84.bmp

Edited by CaptainSoup
Added images
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, MrCharisma said:

Thanks Rors.

I will say one thing here that I haven't already addressed in the comments section of the YouTube video.

Live talking about your lists is tough and without pausing the discussion to bring up warscrolls, we're prone to error or remembering things incorrectly. He isn't the first and won't be the last to say the wrong thing on YouTube. We've since made a post below the video with a few of the errors we've picked up.

I picked Sotek because he's not only a very passionate Nighthaunt player but also because he's been playing them since 2e, has been running them in local events in 3e, and has been getting a fair amount of reps in between TTS and IRL.

Some of the errors slid in because my computer has been on the way out. Normally I have the relevant documents like warscrolls on my browser so I can check in the moment to keep the guest talking but this week I had to stop doing that. That's on me for not helping my guest.

Despite some of the errors, I will say it's still a relevant and interesting way of looking at Nighthaunt. I'm used to players pairing up their units in pairs or trios. I can also appreciate listening you were probably a little frustrated hearing some mistakes wishing you could correct us.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my TED Talk. This won't be the only Nighthaunt video I'll do on AoS Coach

Hey Coach, long time listener, first time caller!

Welcome to our thread! Glad to see you talking Nighthaunt, and Sotek was a great choice this time around. Just finished talking with him myself and he was a delight to have. We're not professional (my first time recording anything like this at all), and I mumbled, fumbled, and stuttered, so I can only imagine what it's like juggling rules, warscrolls, topic points, and keeping the conversation going all for a faction you might not be super familiar with. Hats off to you, sir.

Your video is very relevant, and it was pretty much the subtopic of our talk. We pretty much just expanded on what he started in your video. Hope you give it a listen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnixLHQ said:

Hey Coach, long time listener, first time caller!

Welcome to our thread! Glad to see you talking Nighthaunt, and Sotek was a great choice this time around. Just finished talking with him myself and he was a delight to have. We're not professional (my first time recording anything like this at all), and I mumbled, fumbled, and stuttered, so I can only imagine what it's like juggling rules, warscrolls, topic points, and keeping the conversation going all for a faction you might not be super familiar with. Hats off to you, sir.

Your video is very relevant, and it was pretty much the subtopic of our talk. We pretty much just expanded on what he started in your video. Hope you give it a listen.

Sotek sent it through to me, and I saw it on Facebook which was a link to Reddit which linked to here 🤣. I'll be checking it out soon. Great job on expanding the topic, and for those who are providing a counter argument.

I've always believed there is no right or wrong with this game. You take what you like and construct your own thoughts. 

• Like 3