AoS 3 - Nighthaunt Discussion

dmorley21

11 hours ago, EnixLHQ said:

Glad to see their experience was a lot like mine, though I didn't bring a Black Coach. Also glad to see us hold up to full 2k games, though the spread of opponents isn't comprehensive it was a nice selection. Overall, pretty good.

I like the lists, too. But it highlights just how badly we need a better monster. Mannfred did all the heavy lifting.

Ellarr's second list is 10 points over.

Thanks for letting me know, Warscroll builder letting me down!

I might try the black coach again, I have a real love hate relationship with it and perhaps as suggested here a more cautious approach is needed.

9 hours ago, Neck-Romantic said:

The Black Coach functions best late-game. Keep it waay back and bubblewrapped until it powers up; its ludicrous speed will allow it to make it where it needs to be. Let it replenish Hosts/Hexes til mid game, then leap out to pick off support heroes while causing AOE mortals and ressurecting models.

3 hours ago, Ellarr said:

Thanks for letting me know, Warscroll builder letting me down!

I might try the black coach again, I have a real love hate relationship with it and perhaps as suggested here a more cautious approach is needed.

Kind of hard when it's hard-targeted for deletion with extreme prejudice. You got yours destroyed after deployment.

When I play the BC I give it some hero cover at least in the early game. None of our cheap heroes are fast enough to keep up with it at full speed, though, so it either accompanies another unit and hero as they walk up the board acting as a full support/fence piece, or I let it go ham by itself if the levels came on fast (or is otherwise not doing anything).

I share your feels about the Coach. It's too damn pretty not to be used, but it's no Celestial Hurricanum. If those points are better spent elsewhere...

The Mourngul might be officially retired soon if the rumors are true. Having a brand new, fully flavored in-theme monster ghost(s) would be amazing, and a good reason to hype a new book. I can only imagine what they'd be like. A shooting one would be a fever dream made real.

But I'd never want the Black Coach to be one. There's too many armies and abilities out there that benefit when targeting monsters that without some sort of buff it would trivialize the Coach out of all usefulness. In the very least a hero keyword and accompanying ward save.

Greetings, my fellow ghosts.

What do you think about idea - Emerald Host without Lady O?

Let me explain:

KoSoES - General, Ruler

Cruciator - Pendant carrier

Guardian - WусhLightLantern

Spirit Torment

Reapers x30 - to walk with GoS - anvil #1.

Spirit Hosts x6 - to walk with Cruciator - anvil #2.

Hexwraiths x10 (or 2x5) - to walk with KoSoES and ST - hammer #1.

Revenants x10 + Chainghasts - to walk together - hammer #2.

Black Coach - to be distraction carnifex and hosts carrier.

Edited by Ranzou

9 hours ago, Ranzou said:

Let me explain:

KoSoES - General, Ruler

Spirit Torment

Is there specific advice you're looking for?

Hi guys,

I bought Soul War Box and Nighthaunts WarCry box. My collection at the moment is

1 Knight of Shrouds on Etheral Steed

1 Guardina of Souls with Nightmare lantern

1 Spirit of Torment

1 Lord Executioner

20 Chainrasps (1 Leader)

9 Grimghast Reapers (1 Entoller of Shyish)

9 Graveglade Stalkers (1 drum guy)

4 Murmor Banshees

I am chasing one Grimghast reaper on eBay to make a legal unit. What would you guys recommend to get this list to about 2000-2500 point that will be decent and varied for 1500 points games with friends?

1 hour ago, frenk_castle said:

Hi guys,

I bought Soul War Box and Nighthaunts WarCry box. My collection at the moment is

1 Spirit of Torment

1 Lord Executioner

20 Chainrasps (1 Leader)

4 Murmor Banshees

I am chasing one Grimghast reaper on eBay to make a legal unit. What would you guys recommend to get this list to about 2000-2500 point that will be decent and varied for 1500 points games with friends?

Lots of Harridans and a Krulghast Cruciator would be a good start.

Spirit Hosts are a great choice to pair with a Torment as an Anvil, bulk them up and add a Kruciator for extra staying power.

Harridans or Bladegheists work well with either a Torment or KoSoES as a skirmish tandem, or 2 groups backed by both Heroes as a solid Hammer

Edited by Neck-Romantic

9 hours ago, frenk_castle said:

Hi guys,

1 Spirit of Torment

1 Lord Executioner

20 Chainrasps (1 Leader)

4 Murmor Banshees

To be honest I would stick with this and get it painted up before adding more models : ) Play some games with your current collection and see which units you like the most in game and then build on that. If you paint slowly like me it may take quite a few months before you have your current ghosts painted up... Perhaps we'll get a sniff of a new battletome by then and you can delay further purchases until you know what's good.

Of course, the best models to grab are the ones you like the look of : ) Rules will change yet your models will be with you for some time!

• Like 2

On 7/26/2021 at 11:22 PM, Ranzou said:

Let me explain:

KoSoES - General, Ruler

Spirit Torment

15 hours ago, frenk_castle said:

Hi guys,

1 Spirit of Torment

1 Lord Executioner

20 Chainrasps (1 Leader)

4 Murmor Banshees

I'm going to go with my general advice for both of you guys.

I don't think we're an hammer-and-anvil style army. We want as many roaming threat units as possible. So you'll get more for your investment with units that can perform multiple roles: Reapers, Harridans, Spirit Hosts. Fill out whatever you don't already have.

• LOVE IT! 1

42 minutes ago, EnixLHQ said:

I'm going to go with my general advice for both of you guys.

I don't think we're an hammer-and-anvil style army. We want as many roaming threat units as possible. So you'll get more for your investment with units that can perform multiple roles: Reapers, Harridans, Spirit Hosts. Fill out whatever you don't already have.

I echo this statement. We as an army just don't have the rend or damage potential to reliably down units from other factions, or survive long enough to be more than a speed bump for a turn. It's just the sad truth of the matter. 

16 hours ago, frenk_castle said:

Hi guys,

1 Spirit of Torment

1 Lord Executioner

20 Chainrasps (1 Leader)

4 Murmor Banshees

Like what others have said, I would suggest getting at least one box of Herridans, Bladeghiest, one more box of Reapers and Chainrasps just to fill out your available units. The Krulghast Cruciator is our newest model and has his uses as well. Lastly Spirit Hosts are good to have on the table just to fill up space and help hold objectives so they're worth considering.

From there you should decide if you want to tinker with Emerald Hosts or Reikenor's Condemned. EH leans into Lady Olyander and Hexwraiths. RC leans into, well, Reikenor. 

Edited by CaptainSoup

8 hours ago, EnixLHQ said:

After nearly 400 games Nighthaunt placed 23rd (with @Ellarr), 30th, and 40th out of 71 reported finishes at the Mancunian Challenge event.

Squarely the middle of the pack! That's actually a very good thing!

Hey @Ellarr, what was the list you ran and how was your experience?

This is cool to see!

As for the lists, you can look up all of the lists at tabletop.to. Here's a direct link to his:

TTT | Mike 'Ellarr' Chadderton - List (tabletop.to)

• Thanks 1

Just finished two more games of my escalation league series. These were up to 1,000 points. Here's my list.

Spoiler

++ **Pitched Battle GHB 2021** 1,000 (Death - Nighthaunt) [1,000pts] ++

+ Core Battalion +

Core Battalion: Hunters of the Heartlands

Core Battalion: Warlord: Extra Enhancement: Artefacts of Power

+ Leader +

Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern [135pts]: 2. Wychlight Lantern, 5. Shademist, Chill Blade, Warlord - 2-4 Sub-Commanders

Krulghast Cruciator [120pts]: Warlord - 2-4 Sub-Commanders

Spirit Torment [115pts]: 6. Ruler of the Spirit Host, General, Warlord - 1-2 Commanders

. 5. Midnight Tome: 1. Soul Cage

+ Battleline +

Grimghast Reapers [155pts]: 10 Grimghast Reapers, Warlord - 1-2 Troops

Grimghast Reapers [155pts]: 10 Grimghast Reapers, Hunters of the Heartlands - 2-3 Troops

+ Other +

Dreadscythe Harridans [160pts]: 10 Dreadscythe Harridans, Warlord - 1-2 Troops

Dreadscythe Harridans [160pts]: 10 Dreadscythe Harridans, Hunters of the Heartlands - 2-3 Troops

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance

. Allegiance: Nighthaunt

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 1000 Points - Vanguard

Grand Strategy: Predator's Domain

++ Total: [1,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

(We'll see if Battlescribe export works...)

I played against Cities of Sigmar and Stormcast again, and I won both games.

Some more takeaways:

• Going for the one-drop might just be overrated. I opted for the second artefact and command point battalion and the option to take on monsters I happen to face any. The artefact (Midnight Tome) was worth it's weight in gold. Just being able to cast a second spell and get another unbind this early in our league prevented so much potential damage it likely won me both games. Going second on purpose meant I had that planned, which meant I deployed and played accordingly.
  • Harridans are amazing. I was rolling hot today, so I got a fair amount of exploding 6s. But, more than that, the Bravery threshold of 7 is so strong at shutting down incoming damage. Dracolions and other big baddies still did a ton of damage, but never a team wipe. Even when attacked by multiple units they stuck around and became the hands-down damage dealers in both games. They were also voted the most hated unit by both opponents.
  • I still think Ruler of the Spirit Hosts is too valuable to lose. Especially at these unit sizes. 1-3 models is now a third of a unit.
  • Speaking of which, Captured Soul Energy is still the MVP ability. Again, 1-3 models, another time. At these sizes...
  • Krulghast Cruciator is seriously underrated. In an army with nearly no ranged a reliable 3+/3+ set of attacks was worth bringing him alone. Chip damage, sure, but it all adds up now. All scales are smaller, including wound pools, so that 1 or 2 he can bring out, at range, can cause pause. Plus the ward save (my opponents both ruled it all wounds at 5+, but never had to shrug mortals with it) helped in the mitigation game.
  • Which leads me to my last takeaway: We're still not an army that should play at attrition, but it's not so stark anymore. As long as you keep pressure up I'm starting to think it's okay to put a lot of resources into bringing models back. This might change by the time I'm at 2k, but at this level each returned model was almost equal to about one wound dealt later, and that's huge.

Next set of games will be 1250 points. What do I add? 20 Chainrasps and Emerald Lifeswarm? Black Coach? I'm open to suggestions.

Edited by EnixLHQ
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 hours ago, EnixLHQ said:

After nearly 400 games Nighthaunt placed 23rd (with @Ellarr), 30th, and 40th out of 71 reported finishes at the Mancunian Challenge event.

Squarely the middle of the pack! That's actually a very good thing!

Hey @Ellarr, what was the list you ran and how was your experience?

It was actually a little better than it looks as well due to the quirks of the battle pack.

Due to 3rd edition being relatively new, the TO decided to remove the Predator's and Prey rule from the battlepack, which essentially meant there was no bonus points for killing monsters. Of the two games I lost, one would have drawn (where I win a minor victory on kill points) and the other I would have won outright. Now obviously, if those losses were wins my placement would have been higher and I would have gone up against stiffer competition but the Nighthaunt did well.

I'm planning on doing more of a thorough write up for Goonhammer as I have the time and collect my thoughts, but quick hit takeaways:

- Harridans are great at 160, and not being battleline is quietly a nice little thing because it means you don't expose them to an easy Broken Ranks opportunity for your opponent.
- Spirit Hosts did quite well to clog up the board with Mannfred next to them and I want to shuffle things around to get 9 in.
- Grimghast Reapers were bad and did nothing all weekend, but I kind of knew that going in as a unit of 10 just doesn't have the output.
- Mannfred was MVP because he's effectively immortal against Combat armies and can really be such a nuisance.
- Krulghast was great all weekend long, just helping make us a little less fragile.

My opponents were:

Round 1: FEC with smash bat + 2 vargheists, comfortable victory because Mannfred could just make him pick up a threat a turn.
Round 2: Vyrkos Soulblight with lots of zombies, Radukar, Grave Guard and a VloZD... lost by one point (but killed his VLOZD so would have drawn and won a minor victory if P&P was in effect -_-) due to him having better board control than me.
Round 3: Sons of Behemat, won due to some unlucky rolls on my opponents part but I killed 2 Megas and a Gargant leaving him with one Gargant left by the end of the game which was surprising.
Round 4: Sons of Behemat, lost on turn 5 due to the priority roll not going my way (would have won if got it), but would have won due to P&P points if that was in effect as with Round 2.
Round 5: 80 Phoenix Guard in a Phoenicium list. This list was sneaky nightmarish as both the anointed and phoenix announted give command auras, so he could stack a ****** load of effects on the PG to make them killing machines. We were both rolling so many dice we only got 3 turns in and I won due to making him fail 2 battle tactics over the course of the turn, Spirit Hosts were MVPs for surviving a round of combat against 30 PG with 2 attacks each 3s RR 1s/3s RRing all.

Great games and great opponents, though I was a bit bummed out to go against SOB twice just because those games are so mentally draining haha.

Revamped list based off my thoughts:

Allegiance: Nighthaunt
- Procession: Reikenor's Condemned
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Reikenor the Grimhailer (165) in Warlord
- Lore of the Underworlds: Soul Cage
Spirit Torment (115) in Battle Regiment
- Artefact: Midnight Tome - Shademist
Krulghast Cruciator (120) in Battle Regiment
- General
- Command Trait: Ruler of the Spirit Hosts
Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (135) in Battle Regiment
- Artefact: Corpse Candle
- Lore of the Underworlds: Soul Cage
Mannfred von Carstein, Mortarch of Night (380) in Warlord
- Allies

Battleline
20 x Chainrasp Horde (190) in Battle Regiment
- Reinforced x 1
20 x Chainrasp Horde (190) in Battle Regiment
- Reinforced x 1
9 x Spirit Hosts (375) in Warlord
- Reinforced x 2

Units
10 x Dreadscythe Harridans (160) in Battle Regiment
10 x Dreadscythe Harridans (160) in Battle Regiment

Core Battalions
Battle Regiment
Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Allies: 380 / 400
Wounds: 122

Basically I'm cutting the Reapers and the Shyish Reaper endless spell to get 3 more spirit hosts and buff the second unit of rasps to 20 to make achieving Broken Ranks harder. I loved Shyish Reaper and it had utility all weekend long but I think I value having the bodies more and it's the only way I can make the points work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Thanks for this. Really!

I started NH when I got the AoS 2.0 box. My son really wanted the ghosts, and I wound up buying four copies of Soul Wars...

To be short, I played NH a few times in my local scene, and never had much luck. I would go 2-1 and wouldn't have any clue on how to beat that last list to go 3-0. In fact, there were a lot of lists that I just straight up couldn't beat.

Grats to you for playing the 400 games. I threw in the towel long ago and switched to Ironjawz/Bonesplitterz.

If you had gone 3-0 on day one. your day two would have been a world of hurt. That's for sure.

You give me new hope. Especially since I bought the Broken Realms Olynder box, and a spare box of Harridans to add to my pile of shame. I was planning on going with Emerald Host since I have the Hexwraiths but now I might try your Condemned.

Its a shame the models that I have that I can't see myself using. 30 Grimghasts, 20 Bladegheists, 20 Hexwraiths, Mournghul, Black Coach.

9 Spirit Hosts with a Spirit Torment General was always my go to. I guess now I need to buy a Cruciator to anchor them down. Also, I will be playing with Arkhan von Carstein, Mortarch of Proxy until the Orruk Warclans book comes out.

My list will look something like this:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Nighthaunt
- Procession: Reikenor's Condemned
- Mortal Realm: Ghyran
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Arkhan von Cartein, Mortarch of Proxies (380) in Warlord
Mannfred von Carstein, Mortarch of Night
- Allies
Shademist (115) in Warlord
Spirit Torment
- General
- Command Trait: Ruler of the Spirit Hosts
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (135) in Warlord
- Artefact: Corpse Candle
- Lore of the Underworlds: Shademist
Reikenor the Grimhailer (165)
- Lore of the Underworlds: Soul Cage

Battleline
9 x Spirit Hosts (375)
- Reinforced x 2
20 x Chainrasp Horde (190)
- Reinforced x 1
20 x Chainrasp Horde (190)
- Reinforced x 1

Units
10 x Dreadscythe Harridans (160)
10 x Dreadscythe Harridans (160)
4 x Glaivewraith Stalkers (60)
4 x Glaivewraith Stalkers (60)

Core Battalions
Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Allies: 380 / 400
Wounds: 124

• Thanks 1

Hey guys. Nighthaunts are my wife's army, as it was one of the few armies at the time that had decent female representation and the new wave of models had just been released. So I helped her build a female forward list. It focused on stacking negative to hit modifiers from the Harridens, Mourngul, Lord Executioner, ghost mum, etc..., and stacking negative leadership penalties via the alliance ability and endless spell effects. It was a tough list to learn the game on, as it had a lot of moving parts that needed to be pulled off together to get the most out of it. Still, it was the best list I could think of for the models that she wanted to use. She hasn't played in several years, but I am hoping that she will start again in the new addition.

From what I can tell, the list has been destroyed in 3rd edition. You can no longer tank some ones to hit roll.... at least beyond a -1 penalty. The negative leadership penalties have been stripped out of all the Endless spells, so they are limited to the negative 1 from their allegiance ability. Those two things were key synergies in her list, and have been hit with the nerf bat in this edition. So now I will have to help her build up a new list from scratch, and I could use any help you guys can throw my way.

First Question... I never bought the broken realms books, but I understand that Nighthaunts got some love in one of them? Can I get a summary of what they got? I heard something about a battalion that would have been perfect for her list which would now be illegal, a buff to Harridens that make them better but also makes them taken in more expensive, and a small boost to hexwraiths? Is it worth picking up the book just for that?

Next Question... Myrmourn Banshee. I was never a huge fan of them, but my wife loves the models and at the time I was list building there was a school of thought that they could deal out damage in a large unit. Now with reinforcement at a premium I am not sure that it would be worthwhile to waste a reinforcement slot on them, or if they are worth taking at all in units of 4. Judging by the feedback here so far, it doesn't look good for them.

Lastly, I could use any 1st hand nighthaunt experience in this edition. It seems like more than ever, they are forced to play the mission and playing the points game. Fortunately I think the army has tools to help it win if it can survive what the opponent throws at them. In particular I can see having a Dreadblade Harrow as my general. Letting him teleport around the battlefield and teleporting others to him. This could be overkill though, as half the army can already deepstrike and is comparatively fast. But my early games with my own army in 3rd edition has shown me just how powerful a teleporting objective grabbing heroes can be. But I would love to hear ideas discussed.

For my wife's list, I am thinking a hammer unit of 20 Harridens, maybe double Mourngul, and Olyeander. The question comes down to what would be the best in terms of Support heroes and Battleline with the remaining 925 points.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, bonzai said:

Hey guys. Nighthaunts are my wife's army, as it was one of the few armies at the time that had decent female representation and the new wave of models had just been released. So I helped her build a female forward list. It focused on stacking negative to hit modifiers from the Harridens, Mourngul, Lord Executioner, ghost mum, etc..., and stacking negative leadership penalties via the alliance ability and endless spell effects. It was a tough list to learn the game on, as it had a lot of moving parts that needed to be pulled off together to get the most out of it. Still, it was the best list I could think of for the models that she wanted to use. She hasn't played in several years, but I am hoping that she will start again in the new addition.

From what I can tell, the list has been destroyed in 3rd edition. You can no longer tank some ones to hit roll.... at least beyond a -1 penalty. The negative leadership penalties have been stripped out of all the Endless spells, so they are limited to the negative 1 from their allegiance ability. Those two things were key synergies in her list, and have been hit with the nerf bat in this edition. So now I will have to help her build up a new list from scratch, and I could use any help you guys can throw my way.

First Question... I never bought the broken realms books, but I understand that Nighthaunts got some love in one of them? Can I get a summary of what they got? I heard something about a battalion that would have been perfect for her list which would now be illegal, a buff to Harridens that make them better but also makes them taken in more expensive, and a small boost to hexwraiths? Is it worth picking up the book just for that?

Next Question... Myrmourn Banshee. I was never a huge fan of them, but my wife loves the models and at the time I was list building there was a school of thought that they could deal out damage in a large unit. Now with reinforcement at a premium I am not sure that it would be worthwhile to waste a reinforcement slot on them, or if they are worth taking at all in units of 4. Judging by the feedback here so far, it doesn't look good for them.

Lastly, I could use any 1st hand nighthaunt experience in this edition. It seems like more than ever, they are forced to play the mission and playing the points game. Fortunately I think the army has tools to help it win if it can survive what the opponent throws at them. In particular I can see having a Dreadblade Harrow as my general. Letting him teleport around the battlefield and teleporting others to him. This could be overkill though, as half the army can already deepstrike and is comparatively fast. But my early games with my own army in 3rd edition has shown me just how powerful a teleporting objective grabbing heroes can be. But I would love to hear ideas discussed.

For my wife's list, I am thinking a hammer unit of 20 Harridens, maybe double Mourngul, and Olyeander. The question comes down to what would be the best in terms of Support heroes and Battleline with the remaining 925 points.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Negative modifiers
    • Go ahead and stack them, still. Yes, the maximum they can ever be is a +1 or -1 to Hit or Wound, or +1 to Save, stacks still matter. If her opponent can stack multiple +1s to negate a -1 you put out, you can engage in that arms race and try to stack more -1s. Basically, whoever wins gets the 1 in their favor.
  • Bravery Shenanigans
    • -1 for being within 6" of Nighthaunt
    • Terrifying Entity: Command Trait that pushes enemies away if they are within 3" of the general and they roll higher than their own Bravery, which counts the negatives you brought
    • Reaper of Sorrows: Weapon - Roll 2d6 before attacking and if the result is higher than target Bravery (after modifiers) Rend turns into -3
    • Mirror of Screaming Souls: Relic - In the shooting phase, shoot an enemy 8" away if you roll 2d6 and roll higher than their Bravery for 1 mortal wound. Harder to pull off at 8" because our -Bravery abilities function at 6" or closer.
    • Wail of the Damned: Olynder's shooting ability. Same as above except 10" range, affects ALL enemy units within range, and D3 wounds.
    • Tomb Banshee: Ghostly Howl - Shooting ability that targets an enemy within 10", rolls 2d6, and if the result his higher than their Bravery does damage based on the difference of the roll and that Bravery
    • New Dreadscythe Harridans ability: Harrowing Shriek - -1 to Hit rolls for every enemy model that is within 3" of the Harridan unit and has a Bravery of 7 or lower, after modifications.
    • Endless Spell: Horrorghast - Units wholly within 12" of this cannot receive any Battleshock command abilities, and if they fail battleshock D3 more models flee
      • Yeah, our Bravery shenanigans have been nerfed, but so has a few other armies. We can do some things with it, but probably not at a competitive level
  • Broken Realms Be'lakor
    • Dreadscythe Harridans got a new warscroll
      • The Slasher Crone, the 4-armed model, can not appear 1 for every 5 models
      • The Crone is a leader, so can issue Command Abilities to their own unit
      • The -1 debuff now works on Bravery 7 and lower
      • Instead of a 6 on a Wound roll, a 6 on a Hit roll doubles the hit
      • YES they are worth taking. Probably the most worth unit to bring behind Reapers.
    • Krulghast Cruciator
      • Brand new hero
    • Two new subfactions called Processions
      • These are abilities in addition, but you can opt not to take either and be vanilla
        • The Emerald Host - Buffs Hexwraiths, shares wounds with whoever your general is, and permanently debuffs an enemy hero, but takes away the Command Trait and forces an artefact on your first capable hero - both geared toward a Knight of Shrouds, but you don't have to take one as your general. Olynder is a popular choice.
        • Reikenor's Condemned - Buffs Chainrasps and Glaivewraiths. Also forces an artefact, but you can keep your Command Trait.
      • You are going to either get the Be'lakor book or find an image somewhere. There are guides out there, like mine, that can give you more details
  • Myrmourn Banshees
    • Yep. Min 4, max 8, no more 12s possible. Not sure if worth the points for the utility
  • Gameplay
    • Games are going to get into combat much faster now. But, with everyone across the board going through the same point hikes and unit size reductions, the army sizes are smaller, games are faster, and in general things feel way more balanced.
    • We're always going to be a points-hunting army. A new book, the mythical magical thing that it is, may change that for us in the future, but we're going to always want to focus on gaining as many points as possible.
      • This is in our favor with Battle Tactics which can be surprisingly easily attainable for us
      • This is NOT in our favor with anything to do with Monsters, as we only have one, it's super expensive, and just doesn't hold a candle to the other monsters out there
    • Everyone has more Command Points. Plan on going second on purpose and get at least 1 more. Use that to teleport if you want, but I found that using them for All-out Attack, Knight of Shrouds (either one) buffs, the max run command or the re-roll charge commands to be more useful. From the Underworlds should be enough trickery, but if you need more you can jump around with a Dreadblade. I figure that won't be common anymore.

And lastly, don't let the non-female models deter her from expanding her lists. After all, in this army, Lady Olynder rules supreme. And after that the rest are all ghosts, they could have all been female ghosts in her own army. Paint/mold them as desired and declare it an all-female army. I'd love to see that.

• Thanks 1