Finally decided to quit lurking

GTK

Been in and out the hobby since Warhammer 5th edition.haven't played aos except for a few games before it had points.Played Warhammer from 5th until 7th when most of my armies got squatted.Played Mordeim only after that ,in fact I still play it with my kids.Quit painting as even with glasses black undercoat was hard to see.A friend suggested contrast paints and I've painted over 150 models since using them.I've lurked here for a couple of years and decided to start posting as there seems to be a lot of nice people here.I quit my old Warhammer forum site years ago during the RAW vs RAI battles as people seemed not so nice.Saw a few names on here from there so it's nice to see them still in the hobby.All in all it's nice to be back.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, GTK said:

Been in and out the hobby since Warhammer 5th edition.haven't played aos except for a few games before it had points.Played Warhammer from 5th until 7th when most of my armies got squatted.Played Mordeim only after that ,in fact I still play it with my kids.Quit painting as even with glasses black undercoat was hard to see.A friend suggested contrast paints and I've painted over 150 models since using them.I've lurked here for a couple of years and decided to start posting as there seems to be a lot of nice people here.I quit my old Warhammer forum site years ago during the RAW vs RAI battles as people seemed not so nice.Saw a few names on here from there so it's nice to see them still in the hobby.All in all it's nice to be back.

Welcome! I'm in the same boat with black undercoat (even using a powerful lit magnifier or an adjustable arm), switched to white or yellow, and now white with contrast has saved my painting!

Another one for not liking black undercoats!

Mid or light tones can easily be toned down, while opacity in basecoats is often a product of titanium white in the pigment mix already (so it shouldn't be much of a difference if the undercoat is light if you go for paints without titanium white, like washes or contrasts), and if you're using washes, those recesses shouldn't be a bother anyway.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcomes.I wish contrast paints had been out 10 years ago.Figure I'll have an army ready when my local store is open to gaming again.It's been a long time since 7th for me.

On 7/11/2021 at 1:14 PM, GTK said:

A newby question, how do you give someone a like for their reputation with the new format.Been trying to figure it out for a couple of days now.Thanks in advance for any help.

Press the heart symbol in the lower right. You could pick what you prefer.

Welcome!

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2021 at 1:58 AM, GTK said:

Welcome to the TGA community @GTK, hope you enjoy your stay.