AoS3 - Lumineth Realm-lords Discussion

14 hours ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Dunno if anyone else saw, but a Ymetrica list recently got 2nd in a 36-player, 5 round tournament. It was consisted of:

Teclis
Cathallar
2x10 Stoneguard
20 Sentinels
5 Bladelords
Ballista
Spellportal

It does seem hard to shift 20 wounds on a 3+ save ignoring -2 rend and 5+ ward! 

Amazing! A great showing for the mountain realm, it seems! Interestingly enough there's no Mountain Spirit / Avalenor (and hence no Stone Mage) although 3+ safe monsters are suppposed to be the thing in AOS3. Any information on what they played against?

18 hours ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Dunno if anyone else saw, but a Ymetrica list recently got 2nd in a 36-player, 5 round tournament. It was consisted of:

Teclis
Cathallar
2x10 Stoneguard
20 Sentinels
5 Bladelords
Ballista
Spellportal

As someone who was drawn to LRL as a second army due to the different types of playstyles, I found it interesting after listening to The Honest Wargamer's stats show this past Monday that there were 3 very different LRL lists that did really well this past weekend, all at least going 4-1. The other two were at Mancurain Carnage and were:

Helon

Sevireth / Windmage / Calligrave

15 Windchargers / 30 Wardens / 10 Sentinels

10 Sentinels / 10 Sentinels

Warlord / Hunters in the Heartland / Spell Enhancement

Spellportal

and

Syar

Teclis / Lord Regent

10 Wardens / 10 Wardens / 20 Sentinels / 5 Dawnriders

Starshard Ballista

Spellportal

Battle Regiment

• Like 2

Got a 2k point tournament tomorrow taking the following list

Nation - zaitrec 

Core battalion -battle regiment

Heroes

Teclis - 740pts

Light of eltharion - 240pts

Loreseeker (not in battalion) - 170 pts, spells - lambent light & solar flare

Cathalar - 145pts - general, - CT = fast learner, artifact = gift of celennar, spells - ethereal blessing & speed of hysh 

Units

10 x vanari wardens x2 (290pts) spell - solar flare

10 x vanari sentinels x 2 (300 pts) spell- speed of hysh

Endless spells

Twinstones (50)

Cogs (45)

Total pts 1990

Total wounds 74

2 drop list

The plan is take out lone casters or ranged units using the loreseeker turn 1 and either lambent light a big monster or hero unit, or debuff casting in center of lines with solar flare, then cast twinstones on teclis and cogs on cathalar and stack buffs and debuffs (voice of mountain and Total eclipse) and push forward slightly with main forces, 

Then let them come to me with eltharion protecting teclis and place vanari off to the sides but within protection of teclis and cathalars ability to absorb aetherquartzs 

Later on blast with spells and abilities and hope 1 model survives in a unit when attacked so I can use emotional transference to add the lost models from my vanari to opponents units forcing them to burn 2 command points to keep models around or making it so entire units run.

Can anyone think of any last min tweaks to a list like this or should be good to go?

1 hour ago, Cullen rothery said:

Got a 2k point tournament tomorrow taking the following list

Nation - zaitrec 

Core battalion -battle regiment

Heroes

Teclis - 740pts

Light of eltharion - 240pts

Loreseeker (not in battalion) - 170 pts, spells - lambent light & solar flare

Cathalar - 145pts - general, - CT = fast learner, artifact = gift of celennar, spells - ethereal blessing & speed of hysh 

Units

10 x vanari wardens x2 (290pts) spell - solar flare

10 x vanari sentinels x 2 (300 pts) spell- speed of hysh

Endless spells

Twinstones (50)

Cogs (45)

Total pts 1990

Total wounds 74

2 drop list

The plan is take out lone casters or ranged units using the loreseeker turn 1 and either lambent light a big monster or hero unit, or debuff casting in center of lines with solar flare, then cast twinstones on teclis and cogs on cathalar and stack buffs and debuffs (voice of mountain and Total eclipse) and push forward slightly with main forces, 

Then let them come to me with eltharion protecting teclis and place vanari off to the sides but within protection of teclis and cathalars ability to absorb aetherquartzs 

Later on blast with spells and abilities and hope 1 model survives in a unit when attacked so I can use emotional transference to add the lost models from my vanari to opponents units forcing them to burn 2 command points to keep models around or making it so entire units run.

Can anyone think of any last min tweaks to a list like this or should be good to go?

if u have the models i wound consider dropping eltharion and twinstones and add in another 20 wardens so u have some more bodies and combat output

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 6:45 PM, chosen_of_khaine said:

Teclis
Cathallar
2x10 Stoneguard
20 Sentinels
5 Bladelords
Ballista
Spellportal

I may be wrong but didn't the errata changed stoneskin to simply give a +1 save ?

51 minutes ago, ledha said:

I may be wrong but didn't the errata changed stoneskin to simply give a +1 save ?

They changed the ability of the Warscroll Batallion “Alarith Temple” from re-rolling saves to +1 to save. That’s the Stoneskin ability, I think you mix it up with Enduring as Rock, which is the -1 rend Alarith ability and stayed the same as it was. 

Edited by LuminethMage

4 hours ago, woolf said:

if u have the models i wound consider dropping eltharion and twinstones and add in another 20 wardens so u have some more bodies and combat output

Don't have the models unfortunately, think there's going to be quite a heavy gargant presence at the tourney aswell, so I'm hoping eltharion can tie a mega gargant up for a turn or two whilst I can whittle down the rest of the army

2 hours ago, Cullen rothery said:

Don't have the models unfortunately, think there's going to be quite a heavy gargant presence at the tourney aswell, so I'm hoping eltharion can tie a mega gargant up for a turn or two whilst I can whittle down the rest of the army

ok, Good luck and yes know how it went :D

11 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

They changed the ability of the Warscroll Batallion “Alarith Temple” from re-rolling saves to +1 to save. That’s the Stoneskin ability, I think you mix it up with Enduring as Rock, which is the -1 rend Alarith ability and stayed the same as it was. 

thanks for the correction and my excuses !

unrelated to it, what do people think of Vanari Bladelord and Urakhan windriders ? Are they okay to take in a mid-tier list or too weak to be used outside a very very very friendly game ?

54 minutes ago, ledha said:

unrelated to it, what do people think of Vanari Bladelord and Urakhan windriders ? Are they okay to take in a mid-tier list or too weak to be used outside a very very very friendly game ?

Vanari bladelords are mostly used to protect Scinari Loreseekers, Hurakan Windriders are very good with specific combos but otherwise merely "good".

The book is so packed with good units that you can make anything work in non-competitive games, the only real dud is the Vanari Bannerblade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ledha said:

Nothing to say sorry, a lot of rules in LRL, easy to misunderstand some. That happens to all of us. Just wanted to make sure you get it correctly in case you want to play with Alarith. 

• Like 1

Idea for a Helon list, anyone got any suggestions or tweaks they think it may need

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Great Nation: Helon
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Hurakan Windmage (120)**
- General
- Command Trait: Skyrace Grand Champion
- Artefact: Metalith Dust
- Lore of the Winds: Transporting Vortex
Scinari Cathallar (145)**
- Lore of Hysh: Ethereal Blessing
Lyrior Uthralle, Warden of Ymetrica (215)**
- Lore of Hysh: Lambent Light

Battleline
10 x Hurakan Windchargers (310)*
Units
5 x Vanari Dawnriders (140)**
- Spell1: Lore of Hysh: Speed of Hysh
- Spell1: Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
1 x Hurakan Spirit of the Wind (265)**

Endless Spells & Invocations
Chronomantic Cogs (45)
Core Battalions
*Hunters of the Heartlands
**Warlord

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Wounds: 106
Drops: 9

Edited by Cullen rothery

54 minutes ago, Cullen rothery said:

Idea for a Helon list, anyone got any suggestions or tweaks they think it may need

- Triumphs:

Leaders
Hurakan Windmage (120)**
- General

Battleline
Units

Chronomantic Cogs (45)
Core Battalions
**Warlord

I would just like to wish you luck painting 30 Windchargers and 10 Dawnriders.  I have painted 5 of each (almost finished my Roos) and that is enough for me for a while.

It looks like a fun list, but I'm not the person to ask on competitiveness.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cullen rothery said:

- Triumphs:

Leaders
Hurakan Windmage (120)**
- General

Battleline
Units

Chronomantic Cogs (45)
Core Battalions
**Warlord

Looks certainly fun and like a nightmare for slower, melee-based armies. But you might have a problem against shooting and Mortal wounds, but then again: who doesn't?

Keep in mind that Lyrior's lance won't get the additional shot since he's locked into Ymetrica and can't get the Helon keyword. Furthermore his spell is Greater Power of Hysh. You can't change it to Lambent Light, which also means that you don't have Lambent Light in your army except if you're willing to lose the Blessing on the Cathallar.

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Looks certainly fun and like a nightmare for slower, melee-based armies. But you might have a problem against shooting and Mortal wounds, but then again: who doesn't?

Keep in mind that Lyrior's lance won't get the additional shot since he's locked into Ymetrica and can't get the Helon keyword. Furthermore his spell is Greater Power of Hysh. You can't change it to Lambent Light, which also means that you don't have Lambent Light in your army except if you're willing to lose the Blessing on the Cathallar.

Thank you for coming back to me, thought that would be the case on the lance, but it's still useful for the additional command point on a 2+.

He should still be able to take a spell from the book without sacrificing anything, as book spells are taken in addition to the spells they know, he is a vanari wizard so can take a spell from the Lore of hysh in addition to the one on his warscroll.

But I agree with you on ranged armies and high MW output am hoping the 63 shots per turn from the wind chargers helps with those threats XD

6 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I would just like to wish you luck painting 30 Windchargers and 10 Dawnriders.  I have painted 5 of each (almost finished my Roos) and that is enough for me for a while.

It looks like a fun list, but I'm not the person to ask on competitiveness.

Have done 5 dawnriders and it wasn't fun, and have 10 wind chargers so far unpainted, may paint them and proxy the list to see how it works before commiting

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cullen rothery said:

Thank you for coming back to me, thought that would be the case on the lance, but it's still useful for the additional command point on a 2+.

He should still be able to take a spell from the book without sacrificing anything, as book spells are taken in addition to the spells they know, he is a vanari wizard so can take a spell from the Lore of hysh in addition to the one on his warscroll.

But I agree with you on ranged armies and high MW output am hoping the 63 shots per turn from the wind chargers helps with those threats XD

Oh yeah, you're right about Lyrior's magic. I stand corrected. 

I hope you'll be doing well. It's always nice to see more variety than just Syar Sentinel spam. :)

Dawnriders are amazing models but an incredible amount of work. After my second rider is finished I'll do a few Stone Guard before switching back to them. 

7 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I hope you'll be doing well. It's always nice to see more variety than just Syar Sentinel spam. :)

Dawnriders are amazing models but an incredible amount of work. After my second rider is finished I'll do a few Stone Guard before switching back to them. 

Aye, it's gunna be painful to paint it, but will be nice to play them in a fairly different way.

Will likely have to proxy them for  a few games first to see if it works before commiting to that many kangaroos though XD

5 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Had a thought would it be worth running the dawnriders as a unit of 10 to benefit more from the deadly furrows ability and the flaming weapons combo, for 30 attacks 3/3/-1/2 on the charge against 1 wound models for a heavy hitting chaff killer or better with 2 units of 5 for more board control and the ability to take speed of hysh?

13 hours ago, Cullen rothery said:

Have done 5 dawnriders and it wasn't fun, and have 10 wind chargers so far unpainted, may paint them and proxy the list to see how it works before commiting

I also have 10 dawn riders. My 5 Dawn riders that I haven't painted, will be the last I do in my lumineth army.
But they look pretty neat though!

I know a lot of people are down on the vanari banner blade but I actually think he has some potential as being the hero that you stash inside the shrine luminor. Since he is a totem he can use the free command point on a range of 18" rather than 12" and you can still use his once per game ability in a big radius later in the game since he will be measuring from the shrine not his model. He also is a cheap hero that you don't mind stashing in the shrine unlike something like the cathallar that wants to be more forward to ensure that she can hit the enemy with her spells and absorb battleshock for your wardens.

• Like 2