AoS3 - Lumineth Realm-lords Discussion

1 hour ago, undeadheadz said:

Am whole heartedly regretting trying to batch paint, 20 wind chargers at once

Ooof. My sympathies.

31 minutes ago, readercolin said:

You know, when I get to my dawnriders, I'm going to do bricks of 5 at a time...

Good call.

some lumineth rumors 

my hope is a nerf to sntinel rang and no line of sigt is thath they may up the damge insted

From Nezzhil in May and so far spott on bodes well for Lumineth changes

Sylvaneth Battletome

The Wyldwoods will act like spell portals

GHB / Battlescroll
Dragon hero phase move goes away
Thunder lizards scaly skin also goes awayLivll
Living City Strike then Melt Away must finish the movement outside 9" of any enemy

Lumineth Battletome
Sentinels 24" reach, need LOS and lambent is changed though I dont know how
Wind Spirits no longer move in opponents phase
Stonemage can let the Stoneguard do MWs on 5s and 6s

On 6/30/2022 at 9:40 PM, readercolin said:

And here I thought that I was making a mistake going for a block of 30 sentinels at once.  Or my last round, 20 wardens at once.

You know, when I get to my dawnriders, I'm going to do bricks of 5 at a time...

Got 5 more dawnriders left to paint after the roos are done...  but then my fully mounted helon list will be complete

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Tarogrim said:

I can't remember if you posted your list here but could you do us the favor? I would also love to do a cav only list but the painting scares me quite a bit!

- Army Faction: Lumineth Realm-lords
     - Subfaction: Helon
     - Grand Strategy: No place for the weak (kill all opponents battleline)
     - Triumph: Inspired
LEADERS
Sevireth (345)**
Hurakan Windmage (120)**
     - Spells: Guiding Flurries
Scinari Cathallar (110)**
     - Artefacts of Power: Silver Wand
     - Spells: Total Eclipse
Scinari Loreseeker (170)** 
     - General

Command trait - skyrace Grand Champion

Artefact metalith dust
     - Spells: Lambent Light
BATTLELINE
10x Hurakan Windchargers (310)*
     - Windspeaker Seneschal
     - Standard Bearer 
     - Windspeaker Seneschal
     - Standard Bearer 
     - Standard Bearer 
     - Windspeaker Seneschal
OTHER
5x Vanari Dawnriders (140)**
     - Steedmaster
     - Standard Bearer
     - Spells: Solar Flare
5x Vanari Dawnriders (140)**
     - Standard Bearer
     - Steedmaster
     - Spells: Speed of Hysh
TERRAIN
1 x Shrine Luminor (0)
CORE BATTALIONS
*bounty hunter

** warlord
     - Magnificent

May also swap the loreseeker for the Lord Regent or lyrior, but undecided at the moment

TOTAL POINTS: 1955

• LOVE IT! 1

• 1 month later...

The Sentinel change is pretty expected, opponents will now have counter-play to them with 6" less threat range and no ignoring line-of-sight, now they'll act more as area denial for those kinds of heroes because even just 20 Sentinels with the 5+ mortals will kill your average small hero pretty easily. I'm expecting a double-whammy nerf when the battletome comes around; the removal of re-rolls throughout the game is a signal Lambent Light will likely change to something else, maybe just a flat +1 to-hit against the target or something of that nature. 

The Shining Company change is a nice buff, Dawnriders going up 20 points likely reflects on them actually getting to use it for a change. Not restricting runs/charges/pile-ins is so good for them, Bladelords and Wardens (and cool for Sentinels but obviously not as relevant.) Bladelords still seem to be in a bit of a weird spot where they aren't bad but outside of protecting a hero they don't feel like they do too much. 

The Enlightener is good, it suffers from not being a Cathaller but it's quite cheap for a two cast wizard with a potential double-trigger of a lore spell (will have to see the updated spell lore to judge how strong this is, but at face value it's a good ability.) The auto-cast thing (which every Scinari hero will obviously get) is very intriguing, you don't get to do it multiple times anymore but you don't have to wait a turn to use it. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fellman said:

With Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion revert back some changes from Arcane Cataclysm wath do we think vill change with Lumineth

Honestly I can see most of the Lumineth changes in that box sticking, unlike the Tzeentch side which got gutted almost across the board (GW were smart to revert those changes in all honesty) the Lumineth changes at least feel sensible. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new battletome is cool and much easier to navigate. Much of the npe has been removed and 30inch range has returned to the sentinels if they are alongside a ballista or another unit of sentinels. Bit disappointed that lore of the high peaks and the lore of the winds have been reduced to three spells each but I'm pleased with the position my lumineth army is in overall 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tango Trooper said:

The new battletome is cool and much easier to navigate. Much of the npe has been removed and 30inch range has returned to the sentinels if they are alongside a ballista or another unit of sentinels. Bit disappointed that lore of the high peaks and the lore of the winds have been reduced to three spells each but I'm pleased with the position my lumineth army is in overall 

Agreed! I'm pleased that many of the units in the army seem much more viable now. We took some hits to a few of the favorites, but a lot of other units got some nice buffs as well. Much of the NPE fuel has been purged from the book (though I confess to being surprised that Total Eclipse wasn't touched.)

I was looking forward to having an army that was more straightforward to play, though I was also worried that we would loose the toolbox of options available to us. Somehow, GW managed to streamline things and cut away a lot of the fat while still leaving us with the crunch that made the faction rewarding to play.

38 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys on windcharger warscroll they say that opponent cant use ward saves agains wound or MW from that unit. Anyone know how can windcharger do MWs?:)

If you bring a squad of windchargers in Settlers Gain with a Lord-Relictor (or runelord) to cast curse on your target, you get mortals on 6's to hit in addition, and your opponent can't ward against that.  Feel free to ask just how often that particular use case will come up...

• Like 2