2 Nurgle lists - help

BDJames

I need help picking between two potential Nurgle lists for a competitive six round GH scenario tournament.  

List #1:. This list is designed to camp on objectives and survive, based on the formation -1 to hit.  10 blighters, the Lord of Plagues and a shrine on one objective, 10 blighters and Bloab on another, and the Glotkin and summoned plaguebearers on a third.  Total wounds 119.

Leaders
The Glottkin (480)
Bloab Rotspawned (260)
Lord of Plagues (100)
Units
Putrid Blightkings x 5 (180)
Chaos Warshrine x 1 (200)
Plaguebearers Of Nurgle x 10 (100) (summoned)
Batallions
Plaguetouched Warband (140)
Total: 2000/2000

List #2 has resilience through healing for some units via the Tallyband, and more bodies and total wounds, but lacks the -1 to hit and lacks the Glotkin and probably can effectively camp only two objectives (three for a round or two) while using the remaining force to apply pressure.  Total wound 134.

Leaders
Great Unclean One (240)
Epidemius (180)
Morbidex Twiceborn (260)
Units
Plaguebearers Of Nurgle x 10 (100)
Nurglings x 6 (160)
Plague Drones Of Nurgle x 3 (220)
War Machines
Plagueclaw (180)
Batallions
Tallyband of Nurgle (100)

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Nurgle is slow. so unless the objectives are near you, i feel that us nurgle players often end up doing the fighting rather than the camping. that said. 

The warshrine in list 1. Its ability of allowing a unit of nurgle to reroll all fail wound rolls won't be too effective due to the small size of your units, so you may need to test its effectiveness before playing ( on the other hand, it's not half bad in combat ) the ward save being a 6+ unreliable. consider dropping it and using orghotts/mobidex ? and keeping for 40 points for the triumph table? or drop the summoned unit also an throw festus in there to run behind glottkin/morbidex effectively giving them d6 heal per turn d6!  or orghotts allowing all three of your big monsters a d3 heal per turn. this also allows you 20 points for the triumph table

making the 1st list this.

Leaders
The Glottkin (480)
Bloab Rotspawned (260)
Orghotts/morbidex ( 260)

Festus leechlord ( 120) 

Units

Battalions
Total: 1980/2000

this gives you three big beasties to effectively fight stuff with, 1 per unit and glottkin running amok killing stuff, or drop festus an summon the plaguebearers an use his spell on them ( as you planned i presume ) which adds a third prong. but the big guy is more susceptible to dying, 

the 2nd list. hmm i've not tried core daemons i can't really comment, the plaguebearer units look like they'll just crumble to nothing so fast.  but as i said i can't comment too much tbh 

Go with the second list. 

I had my first game with Epidemius a couple of days ago and he is ridiculous for that list.

Make sure the plague claw catapult aims for a horde before anything else, chances are that you'll get the first level of the buff.

I can't comment on how good drones or a great unclean one are. I used bile trolls and blight kings together and they worked really well with Epidemius. The blight kings are more likely to proc their D6 hits, and the Bile troll's vomits are more likely to proc the extra vomits.

The only issue you're going to have is that you're move 4 pretty much across the board, so you're going to be coming from behind in most scenarios.

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 3:52 PM, BDJames said:

I need help picking between two potential Nurgle lists for a competitive six round GH scenario tournament.  

List #1:. This list is designed to camp on objectives and survive, based on the formation -1 to hit.  10 blighters, the Lord of Plagues and a shrine on one objective, 10 blighters and Bloab on another, and the Glotkin and summoned plaguebearers on a third.  Total wounds 119.

Leaders
The Glottkin (480)
Bloab Rotspawned (260)
Lord of Plagues (100)
Units
Chaos Warshrine x 1 (200)
Plaguebearers Of Nurgle x 10 (100) (summoned)
Batallions

List #2 has resilience through healing for some units via the Tallyband, and more bodies and total wounds, but lacks the -1 to hit and lacks the Glotkin and probably can effectively camp only two objectives (three for a round or two) while using the remaining force to apply pressure.  Total wound 134.

Leaders
Great Unclean One (240)
Epidemius (180)
Morbidex Twiceborn (260)
Units
Nurglings x 6 (160)
Plague Drones Of Nurgle x 3 (220)
War Machines
Plagueclaw (180)
Batallions
Tallyband of Nurgle (100)

Thanks for any and all feedback.

when did you plan on playing this list? id like to know how it went if you don't mind

6 hours ago, Arkiham said:

when did you plan on playing this list? id like to know how it went if you don't mind

The tournament is in about a month, and I will certainly post battle reports from that.  I have decided, based on casual play testing, to go with List #2.  I ordered my GUO from Forgeworld this weekend.  I am wondering, however, which artifact to give the GUO?  

Archived