Painting tips

Mattorc

Hi all. I'm looking for a bit of advice in painting metals, armour, axes etc etc. Any particular colours or washes that anyone recommends?

Also not sure of the best way to go about painting a boar (or several of them) for savage orc boar boys. 

Any suggestions? 

Citadel Leadbelcher with a Nuln Oil Wash and optional highlight of Ironbreaker or Stormhost Silver is the standard go-to recipe for steel using the Citadel Range. Pretty much every other paint range will have a decent gunmetal, dark wash, and bright steel equivalent, so don't feel like you have to use Citadel if you don't want to.

My personal recipe for orc metal for my upcoming Kruleboyz army is going to be Iron Warriors basecoat, Agrax Earthshade (maybe Seraphim Sepia) wash, selective application of Typhus Corrosion to add texture, drybrush Trollslayer Orange for rust, then add scratches and edge highlight in Ironbreaker. But I'm intentionally going for a very weathered style that's colorshifted to a warmer palette than standard.

The quickest recipe for fur would be a dark brown with a drybrush of a light brown or tan. Citadel Rhinox Hide, drybrush Tuskgor Fur will get a warmer brown. Mournfang Brown, drybrush Baneblade Brown for something more neutral. You could use a wash, but both of the base browns are quite dark, so I'd question how useful it would be. 

• Like 1