AoS 3 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chumphammer

3 hours ago, Ravenborn said:

Looks fantastic, but I think the wings are not as dynamic and stylish as the original. Almost makes me think of a sprue with bits attached. 

The wings are not as delicately curved as with the original, I give you that. But on the other hand these don't have the thick globs of blood that the original has and that always bothered me.  

• Like 1

Has anyone found the bladewind unreasonably difficult to build? There’s only 4 diagrams for it and it took me 40 minutes to figure out where all the joins are, including time spent looking at different angles of the conmpleted model on their website.

• Like 1

Won best overall at Kippers and went 4-1 with my non Morathi-Khaine list, losing to a seraphon kroak list that hit 90% of my army with 5D3 MW in 1 turn when he was losing to swing it back

..and I played vs Morathi-Khaine and the bow snakes game 4 and beat it ;)

Rough rundown

Game 1: double mawcrusher IJ (won)

Game 2: fec with giant (won)

Game 3: kroak 2 bastillodons, steg and engine (loss)

Game 4: Morathi & bow snakes (won)

Game 5: Archaon BoK (won)

So I have now succeeded from Morathi-Khaine and am following Hellebrone lol

20211017_161131.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Pics are up at @chumphammer

Game 1: Savage Gains

Player Name: Patrick

Allegiance: lronjawz
• Warclan: lronsunz
• Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Indomitable

LEADERS

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (4S0r
•Gene,a/
•Command Trait Battle-lust
• So.ssChoppaand Rip-tooth (J.St
• Artefact: Amufet of Destiny
• MountTrait Fa.st'Un
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (480)"
•Bo.ssChoppaand Rip-tooth fi.st
• Artefact:  Destroyer

Orruk Warchanter (115}u
•Wa,teat:FM'   Seat
Orruk Warchanter (115}u
•Wa,teat:FM'   Seat

UNITS

10 x Orruk Ardboys (170}11
• 1 x Goti'amo,lca Sanner Bearers
• 1 x  Goti'amorkaGfyph Bearers

10 x Orruk Ardboys (170}11
• 1 x Goti'amo,lca Sanner Bearers
• 1 x  Goti'amorkaGfyph Bearers

5 x Om1k Brutes (160}11
• PW of  &vteChoppas
• 1 x Gore Chappa$

5 x Om1k Brutes (160}11
• PW of  &vteChoppas
• 1 x Gore Chappa$

3 x Om1k Gore-gn.intas (150}11
• Jagged Gore-hackas

CORE BATTALIONS

•Battle Regiment

"-Command Entourage• Magnificent ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact

TOTAL: 2000/2000     WOUNDS: 133

LEADERS: 416    BATTLELINES: 4 (3+)    BEHEMOTHS: 2/4    ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 2/1    ENDLESS 
SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3    ALLIES: 0/400 REINFORCED UNITS: 2/4

He made me go 1st, so I buffed up and braced for the mawcrusher charge that never happened. Snipped a warchanter turn 1 and 2 with bowsnakes to stop buffs. Avatar and 10 WE went into left flank while 1 did the same on the right, with non general holding center with bowsnakes and 10 WE screen. Turn 3 got Curse off on 1 Mawcrusher and then Withering on the 2nd, then rolled the 6 for heart of fury. 24 WE attacks finished off the one with curse and Avatar/general took down the other after stalkers softend him up. He had 5 brutes and 10 Ardboyz left and i had lost 15 We 

Game 2: Feral Foray

Player Name: Tanner M.
List Name: Vampires and Friend Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand C-Ourt: C-Ourt of Delusion - The Feast Day
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired
LEADERS

Abhorrant Archregent (245)'

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (445)*
- Artefad: Amulet of Destiny
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast

Crypt Infernal Courtier (130)*
- General
- Command Trait: Dark Acolyte - Deranged Transformation

Big Drogg Fort-Kicka (525)
-Allies

UNITS

10 x Crypt Ghouls (95)* 10 x Crypt Ghouls (95)* 10 x Crypt Ghouls (95)* 6 x Crypt Flayers (360)* 
CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment

He made me go 1st and failed to get heart up. Tried to kill the archregent to prevent summon but failed (got him to 1 wound)

His turn he got all spells off on his AGKORT (like +4A and stuff) and pushed into my face. Managed to kill it in return but it did damage. He got the double and did the same with the flayers but manage to hold. Then basically used my units to flank him, killing his smaller units while tanking the big stuff. Game ended turn 4 with Avatar x 2 and general charging into a withered Big Drogg (who was a bit of a failure all game really) and everything else was dead on his side

Game 3: Tectonic Interference

Player Name: Erik  Armstrong
List Na.me: Seraphon Thunder Lizards Allegiance: Seraphon
- Constellation: Thunder Lizard
- Grand Strategy: Dominating Presence

LEADERS

Stegadon with Skink Chief (305)"
• General
• Command Trait: Prime Wa,t,,e,a.st
• Artefact:  C.loak of Feathers
• Weapon: Skystreak Bow

Engine of the Gods (265)
• Artefact:  Fusil ofConflaguration
• UniversalPrayer ScripbJre: Curse

Lord Kroak (430)•
• Spell: Stellar Tempest

Skink Priest (80)•
• UniversalPrayer SclipbJre: Heal

Skink Priest (80)•
• UniversalPrayer SclipbJre: Heal

UNITS
5  x Saurus Guard {115)• 10  x Skinks (75)...,.
• Bo/tspftfers CelestifeOitgge.rs & Star Bucklers

10  x Skinks (75)...,.
• Bo/tspftfers CelestifeOitgge.rs & star Bucklers
10  x Skinks (75)...,.
• Bo/tspftfers CelestifeOitgge.rs & star Bucklers

BEHEMOTHS

Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)" Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)" CORE BATTALIONS
•Warlord

"Linebreaker

..-.Hunters of the Heart.lands ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact

TOTAL: 1970/2.000     WOUNDS: 108

LEADERS: 516   BATTLELINES: 4 (3+)    BEHEMOTHS: 4f4    ARTILLERY: 1/4 ARTEFACTS: 2/1    ENDLESS 
SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3    ALLJES: 0/400

Erik is a stong player and club mate. He came 3rd, after losing the last game vs the 5-0 general winner 

He took turn 1, getting a 6 for comet call and did some wounds across the board. He focused shooting on 1 avatar and got him to 2 wounds, and killed some WE with skink shots. My turn 1 pushed to a solid position in case He got priority, and took some wounds onto a bastallidon to drop its silly save. I then got the double and went for it. Shadow stalkers got into his priest in the back line, killing one and getting one to 2 wounds. Army buffed pushed into his dinosaurs with 2 avatars and non general cauldron, with Heart/General in buff range, and WE screening. Did a good number of wounds across them with not a huge amount of stuff back. He was worried as id totally blocked the obj and was into him...however...

His turn he got all his spells off, doing another 6 units with comet (D3MW to each) then got Celestial deliverance 3 times (3 units take D3MW each time) AND then he rolled Lightning twice on engine of the gods....(every enermy within 12 takes D3MW on a 2+)....

This pretty much killed my whole army bar the shadowstalker champion, the medusa and 6We.

Medusa finished off a bastillidon and the stalker a priest, but that was it. 4-6D3MW across my whole army is brutal. Should have targetted the engine not bastillidon

Game 4: First Blood

List Name: Disciples  of the Spider Queen

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar
- Morn>/ Realm: U/gu
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Une
LEADERS                                                                                             

The Shadow Queen(330)•                                                                              
Morathi-Khaine (330)- Loreof Shadows: Mindrazor
Bloodwrack Medusa (120)*"                                                                           
- Ger,e,a/
- Conmand Trait  Devoted Disciples
- Attefact:  The UJfuri
- Loreof Shadows: Mirror Dance

Hag Queen(105)•                                                                                     
-Attefact:  Iron  Cjrolef
- Prayer: Blessing of Khaine
15 x Blood Stalkers  (510)"                                                                         
20 x Witch Aelves (240)""                                                                           
 of Sacrificial Knives

10 x Witch Aelves (120)""                                                                           
 Sacrificial Knivesand BladeBucklers

5 x Khinerai lifetakers  (90)""                                                                     
5 x Doomfire Warlocks (140)""                                                                       

"Command Entourage - Magnificent ""Battle Regiment
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS

Artefact
Was super pumped for this one as 1st DOK fight and wanted to beat Morathi and the snakes. I deployed out of 24 of the bowsnakes and he made me go 1st. I decided to go bold and teleported the medusas 9" from the middle of the 20WE screening the bowsnakes. My stalkers tried to snipe out his medusa but only for 3 in range and got 1w on her and used the other shots split between Morathi and the 20WE. This took the 3W off Morathi and left 4WE after shooting was done.

His turn he flew shadowqueen down to capture a point an charge my Stalkers. I redeployed them but not enough, and he got them into and killed them (all out attack/Triumph) but he also was touching the WE and within pile in of non general cauldron. This meant I piled in the WE onto the obj and held it, while my shrine did 3 more wounds. his 2 turns shooting took an avatar. His warlocks tried to take the top obj but ended up with same models as I had so failed to take it also. And I held the middle, so he only got his tactic. 

He won the double, and got his stalkers kinda wiffed. Morathi took 3 wounds for 4 on my cauldron(heart/general in buff range) mini Morathi killed a medusa. 

My turn I  pushed forwards, taking out all his witchaelves and moving to threaten the stalkers. Shadowstalkers went into his back to try and take the medusa but failed (down to 1w) and I killed off his warlocks. I got an arcane bolt stored into my remaining medusa. Cauldron did 1W on shadowqueen then I unleashed the bolt in my combat ohase start to finish her off. 

He won next round, did some wound son the avatar and medusa killed the shadowstalkers. Khinari had dropped onto the obj with cauldron to steal it, and that was really it. My turn I got into the bowsnakes after he redeployed not far enough and couldnt unleash hell, and the cauldron killed the khinari

Game 5: Power Struggle
Alex
Khorne/reapers of vengeance/ east master/Inspired 

Bloodstoker
Bloodthirster of unfettered fury/mage eater/general/amulet of Destiny
Slaughterpriest- killing frenzy
Archaon the everchosen
Daemonprince (skullshard mantle) mark of khorne

2 x 10 Blood reavers
10 Blood Warriors
BR/Warlord

This game went how I thought it would since I am 3-0 vs Archaon before this 

Basically tied Archaon up with killing avaters while i killed his army. turn 3 he just had BT and Archaon left for the cost of both Avatars and 10WE

non general hag/medusa killed the BT while my general ran from Achaon with a redeploy. 8 rounds of combat with Archaon during this game (he gets to fight twice a turn with Reapers) and he couldnt slayer of kings my general, who was heart buffed plus blessing. Turn 4 he conceeded as I had all obj for 2 turns now and he just had Archaon and was already behind on points. The nail in the coffin was getting curse off on him and still having both cauldrons/10 WE/8 Stalkers about to attack him

So all in all I played pretty solid. Wish Id been more prepared vs Seraphon but only so much you can do. I literally rolled the same number to dispel his spells that he rolled to cast, so all his spells just went off. 

Really good weekend though, some great pained armies, cool looking tables and great group of people 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 11/2/2021 at 4:11 AM, Ravenborn said:

Congrats Chumphammer! I’m really happy to hear you did so well without Morathi Khaine. I hate when everyone plays just one version of an army, and taking multiple avatars is risky but clever. 

Did you play a second tournament as well?

Cheers!

Sorry I've been on Vacation since 28th (back home tomorrow) so been taking an aos break so didn't see this. 

I was supposed to, but after how socially drained I was after kippers and it was supposed to be 4 days before my vacation, plus my dog got sick, I had to drop out. Our team that went came 4-6th and one got 3rd best overall, so think I could have done really well.

One of our team played and beat Morathi-Khaine twice lol (he had nagash obr)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 6:30 AM, DJMoose said:

Hey folks.  I have not posted in awhile, but I finally completed a display base for The Girls!

Heading up to Michigan GT tomorrow to slit throats and take hearts in the name of Morathi-Khaine this weekend! 

If anyone else is going I hope to see you there!

20211007_205424.jpg

Hey, 

Kinda new player here with Shadow & Pain and Start Collecting box.

I love the melusai models and I'm leaning to building similar snake-heavy list without Witch Elves. How the list plays out?

Great looking army!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, haraw said:

Hey, 

Kinda new player here with Shadow & Pain and Start Collecting box.

I love the melusai models and I'm leaning to building similar snake-heavy list without Witch Elves. How the list plays out?

Great looking army!

Easy! The Ironscale from Shadow & Pain or the Bloodwrack Medusa open up Melusai as battleline. Then assemble 15 Bloodstalkers, get Morathi, add another 5 Melusai as your second battleline and become the most hated person in your gaming group. :)*

For context: Morathi can command your Bloodstalkers to shoot in the hero phase, in addition to your regular shooting phase. 

* Disclaimer: You might actually become just the second most hated person in your gaming group if another person is playing Lumineth Realm-Lords with Teclis and 30 Sentinels. This person will then be more hated than you by default, regardless of actual win-loss record.

Edited by Maogrim

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Easy! The Ironscale from Shadow & Pain or the Bloodwrack Medusa open up Melusai as battleline. Then assemble 15 Bloodstalkers, get Morathi, add another 5 Melusai as your second battleline and become the most hated person in your gaming group. :)*

For context: Morathi can command your Bloodstalkers to shoot in the hero phase, in addition to your regular shooting phase. 

* Disclaimer: You might actually become just the second most hated person in your gaming group if another person is playing Lumineth Realm-Lords with Teclis and 30 Sentinels. This person will then be more hated than you by default, regardless of actual win-loss record.

And every skaven player using doomwheels will be hated by that one lumineth player.

because winning doesn’t calculate well against the most random unit in the game army

Edited by Skreech Verminking

On 11/17/2021 at 11:15 AM, Maogrim said:

Oh I've watched some battle reports and that synergy with Morathi and Stalkers seems truly powerful.

What a shame for our enemies that Morathi and the Snakes are such beautiful looking models!

Morathi-Khaine and the bowsnakes is a dull list which people are learning how to counter in the current Meta. 

Its not fun for your opponent and tbh its really dull to play. Morathi is probably going to get a points increase in winter FAQ also and maybe even stalkers too. (as well as a load of none dok stuff)

Blood Sisters are still a very decent unit 

In whole, dok have a ton of great options. We dont have a bad choice in the book and everything is viable 

On 11/18/2021 at 7:04 PM, Chumphammer said:

Morathi-Khaine and the bowsnakes is a dull list which people are learning how to counter in the current Meta. 

Its not fun for your opponent and tbh its really dull to play. Morathi is probably going to get a points increase in winter FAQ also and maybe even stalkers too. (as well as a load of none dok stuff)

Blood Sisters are still a very decent unit 

In whole, dok have a ton of great options. We dont have a bad choice in the book and everything is viable 

I read your report with the Avatars. That list is truly something!

Yeah, I kinda get it that playing against metalists can become boring and that it can lead to frustrating games. 

Morathis are just a superb looking models and thematically the snake-ladys fits wonderfully into the same list.

A small part of me wishes that Morathi list becomes weaker so that it could be attributed as a underdog😄

Also, i'd love get some witch elves and warlocks too but the cost/points -ratio means that they have to wait for later.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 2:45 AM, haraw said:

I read your report with the Avatars. That list is truly something!

Yeah, I kinda get it that playing against metalists can become boring and that it can lead to frustrating games. 

Morathis are just a superb looking models and thematically the snake-ladys fits wonderfully into the same list.

A small part of me wishes that Morathi list becomes weaker so that it could be attributed as a underdog😄

Also, i'd love get some witch elves and warlocks too but the cost/points -ratio means that they have to wait for later.

Love her model and her lore, Morathi is awesome in that sense. Tbh I would rather she had more wounds and could take more than 3/be healed. I think people just hate the fact of you cant do more than 3 which is why she gets the hate.

We are already seeing the trend of Morath/15 Stalkers not being as effective as it was. DOK are slipping in the podiums atm and I think its cause people are just working out how that list plays. It will still win games and will still be used though as there are a ton of players who will just moan when playing against her and not strategize

WE are not a great unit imo atm, but they are a decent screen. Kinda wished we had more options for battle line. Id be interested to see a Khinari hero that made Khinari battleline, as then you could have fun with movement shinnanigans 

would love it and play it if Shadowstalkers could be battleline in a Khelebron army.  

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 7:37 AM, Chumphammer said:

Won best overall at Kippers and went 4-1 with my non Morathi-Khaine list, losing to a seraphon kroak list that hit 90% of my army with 5D3 MW in 1 turn when he was losing to swing it back

..and I played vs Morathi-Khaine and the bow snakes game 4 and beat it ;)

Rough rundown

Game 1: double mawcrusher IJ (won)

Game 2: fec with giant (won)

Game 3: kroak 2 bastillodons, steg and engine (loss)

Game 4: Morathi & bow snakes (won)

Game 5: Archaon BoK (won)

So I have now succeeded from Morathi-Khaine and am following Hellebrone lol

20211017_161131.jpg

Super nice job going 4-1 without morathi and snakes, any chance you could share the list? I saw you made a few variations earlier in this thread, but I lost track of which one you used, I tried an avatar and I would say they perform well, I need more in my lists :D 

I really wish I could play DOK as something different than a shooting army, I really loved this army but recently my joy from it has turned into frustration :( and it kinda turned me off warhammer abit :( 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gokken said:

Super nice job going 4-1 without morathi and snakes, any chance you could share the list? I saw you made a few variations earlier in this thread, but I lost track of which one you used, I tried an avatar and I would say they perform well, I need more in my lists :D 

I really wish I could play DOK as something different than a shooting army, I really loved this army but recently my joy from it has turned into frustration :( and it kinda turned me off warhammer abit :( 

This is the list I used. Ive only lost 2 games with it so far and both were vs Seraphon. I used it on a recent recording with Saga of Dice which I will post when its online 

Tbh Blood Sisters would work better than BloodStalkers, but we have a good skaven player in our area and I like to keep the stalkers in to deal with those dicks with moremorewarp power  

image.png.2b2d9c3dab7d33e8a72e4fb7015ef5b7.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

This is the list I used. Ive only lost 2 games with it so far and both were vs Seraphon. I used it on a recent recording with Saga of Dice which I will post when its online 

Tbh Blood Sisters would work better than BloodStalkers, but we have a good skaven player in our area and I like to keep the stalkers in to deal with those dicks with moremorewarp power  

image.png.2b2d9c3dab7d33e8a72e4fb7015ef5b7.png

Sorry for my ignorance, but how come you get to pick 2 prayers with the priests?E

EDIT: Nevermind it was the enchancement. I need to read more carefully.

Edited by markymarkka
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, I was frustrated with my foray into Slaanesh and finally decided to put my DoK back on the table.  Inspired by @Chumphammer's list, I ran the following (almost a copy, but opting for a reinforced unit of Witches over the extra hero.  I can why the extra hero may be preferable - I'm not able to form a Vanguard detachment like that original list, which may have been valuable) - 

Army Faction: Daughters of Khaine
 - Subfaction: Hagg Nar
 - Grand Strategy: Pillars of Belief
 - Triumph: Inspired
LEADERS
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (255)
 - Prayers: Crimson Rejuvenation, Sacrament of Blood
Bloodwrack Medusa (120)*
 - Spells: The Withering
Hag Queen (105)*
 - Prayers: Catechism of Murder, Sacrament of Blood
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (255)*
 - General
 - Command Traits: Devoted Disciple
 - Artefacts of Power: The Ulfúri
 - Prayers: Catechism of Murder, Heal
BATTLELINE
20 x Witch Aelves (240)**
10 x Witch Aelves (120)**
10 x Witch Aelves (120)**
BEHEMOTH
1 x Avatar of Khaine (120)
1 x Avatar of Khaine (120)
OTHER
9 x Khainite Shadowstalkers (120)*
10 x Blood Stalkers (360)*
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
1 x Heart of Fury (55)
CORE BATTALIONS
 -  *Warlord
 -  **Hunters of the Heartlands
TOTAL POINTS: 1990/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

Into new-Nurgle.  It was kindof a steamroll - the buffed large blob of Witches rolled up one flank and the death-blob of Avatars went up the other, and while I did eventually take losses I had enough damage to power through the defenses/healing of the Nurgle stuff for a decisive win.  I really like how this style plays.
  • Like 1