AoS 3 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chumphammer

4 hours ago, Fyrm said:

This also fixes that problem, of using the Arcane Tome to turn a priest into a wizard would get both the shooting and the melee. 

Damn, yes true :)

Well I would like Malarion to come out of the shadows and just join with his mother in dynamic duo. Add additional models, rename faction into Empire of Shadow or something and done. Invite few older Dark Elves in at least in coalition (1of4) sense and we get nice range of options and builds. Executioners should totally just go into DoK if they want in any case (and I have them painted ;)).

Faction terrain is secondary for me. Additional invocation and models are more needed imho to throw bit more options.

+2 caster could be Sorceress. Something we really need for mindrazor and other 8+ cast spells. We have ****** cast. Sadly.

Drakespawn Knights could be good anvil (they already are as allies) and actual charge unit.

Elite Executioners with their old 2 mortal wounds on 6hit as expensive/sturdy battle-line.

Archer unit, 18" range... like shadow warriors. If not just shadow warriors for some serious skrimishers, Khinerai would need upgrade tho (bit weak atm at the points).

Assassin. I mean... goddes of murder without assassins to really focus heroes down.

Malerion, half-dragon that can go 1v1 against anything in his weight camp for 2-3 rounds (500-600 points max, not more) sturdy enough to slap his mother down at least in fair fight most of time.

Some combat Dragon for 250-350 that can be compared to Bloodthirster/Duthru (weaker carmine...)

Some mage Dragon for 200-300 with 2 casts and reroll or +1-2 cast.  Which is another thing faction needs. Better mages.

Dragonlings a small 50-60 point chaff spewing short range firebolts (flavor aetherwings)

Reaper Bolt Thrower - classic artillery, so we have option NOT TO RUN AND CHARGE all the time. 

Likely someting Uglu flavored (Shades) as some super tarpit unit that deals virtually no damage. Summoned.

Shadow Lore expanded (new spells)

Dragons make sense. Kroak had eggs, Malerion is half-dragon now and likely at least stole some (or has some brotherly love with rest of them after they will get released by dinosaur boys) 😛

and we're somewhere. 2 years from now ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sapca said:

Damn, yes true :)

Well I would like Malarion to come out of the shadows and just join with his mother in dynamic duo. Add additional models, rename faction into Empire of Shadow or something and done. Invite few older Dark Elves in at least in coalition (1of4) sense and we get nice range of options and builds. Executioners should totally just go into DoK if they want in any case (and I have them painted ;)).

Faction terrain is secondary for me. Additional invocation and models are more needed imho to throw bit more options.

+2 caster could be Sorceress. Something we really need for mindrazor and other 8+ cast spells. We have ****** cast. Sadly.

Drakespawn Knights could be good anvil (they already are as allies) and actual charge unit.

Elite Executioners with their old 2 mortal wounds on 6hit as expensive/sturdy battle-line.

Archer unit, 18" range... like shadow warriors. If not just shadow warriors for some serious skrimishers, Khinerai would need upgrade tho (bit weak atm at the points).

Assassin. I mean... goddes of murder without assassins to really focus heroes down.

Malerion, half-dragon that can go 1v1 against anything in his weight camp for 2-3 rounds (500-600 points max, not more) sturdy enough to slap his mother down at least in fair fight most of time.

Some combat Dragon for 250-350 that can be compared to Bloodthirster/Duthru (weaker carmine...)

Some mage Dragon for 200-300 with 2 casts and reroll or +1-2 cast.  Which is another thing faction needs. Better mages.

Dragonlings a small 50-60 point chaff spewing short range firebolts (flavor aetherwings)

Reaper Bolt Thrower - classic artillery, so we have option NOT TO RUN AND CHARGE all the time. 

Likely someting Uglu flavored (Shades) as some super tarpit unit that deals virtually no damage. Summoned.

Shadow Lore expanded (new spells)

Dragons make sense. Kroak had eggs, Malerion is half-dragon now and likely at least stole some (or has some brotherly love with rest of them after they will get released by dinosaur boys) 😛

and we're somewhere. 2 years from now ;)

That is something that I expect to happen, let alone for symmetry to Lumineth Realm- Lords. Light Aelven faction with two gods from the realm of light. Dark Aelven faction with two gods from the realm of shadows. Easy. And then they will put the two factions against each other, just like in ye olden days, and the winner will be Slaanesh...

But in all honesty it would rob the Daughters of their identity, and that would be a shame. And to be even more honest: Malerion doesn't deserve Morathi or the Daughters of Khaine. He has done mostly nothing but threaten, humiliate and sl*t-shame his own mother. All the while she, the glorious High Oracle, has staged the greatest coup in the history of the Mortal Realms, snatched godhood from the claws of destiny and went toe to toe with the End of Empires.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think I've mentioned this before but I'm pretty impressed with how GW has spun DoK out into their own realised faction, and bringing them back into a 'dark elves' book would be a little disappointing to me.

If I were writing things out the angle I'd probably take would be to have Malerion so deeply infused with shadow magic that it's almost unclear if he really exists, or he has difficulty interacting with things physically (though of course you'd still want some sort of cool war form or avatar model for him!).  That way you can push the more established character of Morathi as the more prominent Ulgu-an leader in terms of, like, being visible and doing stuff, without sidelining Malerion as he's handling the more sneaky shadow-god side of things.  Plus then you'd have the obvious narrative option of Morathi attempting the same con on Malerion's followers as she did with the Khainites.

• Like 1

The more I’m thinking of it, the more I like coalitions for any future Malerion faction. Like, have it be it’s own thingy, but both armies can 1 in 4 the other, so they’re built with each other in mind. I feel like that fits the relationship much better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today's rumour engine is looking kinda Khainite.

WHxWAzGg0Y2jg0jq.jpg.d199a766b27ff886e59c7ff82d5aba6b.jpg

Certainly that's the same drippy blood they used for the DoK endless spells, and the blades are pretty similar to the cauldron avatar.  Of course drippy blood and spikes are pretty common across the various ranges, could easily be a new 40k avatar of khaine, or dark eldar, or even Khorne/soulblight, or potentially Malerion stuff if they're sharing design elements with DoK, but khainite is where my mind went first.

On 8/2/2021 at 12:20 PM, Charleston said:

What is the opinion around regarding allied Eels? While Ishlaen Guards seem to offer a nice punch I also see huge use for Morsar Guards as fast objective grabbers/contesters. Anyone having some experience?

Sadly I don't have any experience using Idoneth allies. I feel like this might have been discussed over in the DoK AoS 2 thread, but maybe I am misremembering...

19 hours ago, Lucentia said:

Today's rumour engine is looking kinda Khainite.

WHxWAzGg0Y2jg0jq.jpg.d199a766b27ff886e59c7ff82d5aba6b.jpg

Certainly that's the same drippy blood they used for the DoK endless spells, and the blades are pretty similar to the cauldron avatar.  Of course drippy blood and spikes are pretty common across the various ranges, could easily be a new 40k avatar of khaine, or dark eldar, or even Khorne/soulblight, or potentially Malerion stuff if they're sharing design elements with DoK, but khainite is where my mind went first.

I think you are right concerning the aesthatics of the rumor engine, but I don't think that we will receive any new models soon. With the recent update of our battletome and the Warcry and Underworlds warbands, I feel like we are in for a long wait until GW blesses us with news again. So in my opinion this rumor will either be far off or belong to some other aelvish or aeldari faction.

That being said, I would love a new model for the avatar of Khaine (or Morathi-Khaine) on foot 😍. GW pls!

I have a theory that in 2022 DOK, IDK and Malarions group will get a combined book like Orruk Warclans is getting

Would explain why dok only got a few endless spells, 1 hero and no warscroll cards in our 2.0, its basically a patch book to do us till this combined one.

While I really hope that this is not happening, I fear we will at least be souped with Malerion, if his aelves are ever released. Not so sure about Idoneth, but it would make sense as part of an Umbraneth (or whatever they might call it) alliance.

I don't like the idea of souping at all, but sadly it seems logical for GW to do so. If not to reduce the number of aelven factions, then to reduce the overall number of order factions.

But for now we can only wait and see. I mean as of now even the dwarven soup tome is still only a rumor.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about Idoneth falling into Malerion's lot. It would make sense right now, but Idoneth are the sole allies for Lumineth, so maybe they'll throw them together.

I expect an Umbraneth soup, but I don't want it. I won't forgive Malerion for sl@tshaming the glorious godess Morathi-Khaine.

13 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I'm not sure about Idoneth falling into Malerion's lot. It would make sense right now, but Idoneth are the sole allies for Lumineth, so maybe they'll throw them together.

Good point. Some Idoneth also don't seem to be too happy about their alliance with the DoK if the Broken Realms short story is anything to go by.

Curious to hear what people are having success with in 3.0.  

was planning to run Morathi, a bloodwrack, some stalkers.

I’d like to run a block of witches with it, but I’m thinking it might be more ideal to just focus strictly on the melusai 

2 hours ago, Maogrim said:

According to what I read Morathi-Khaine is basically an auto-include at this point. She's supposed to be very good with 15 Bloodstalkers and Gotrek. 

Interesting.  Seems like a ton of points locked into Morathi and Gotrek, but since neither are likely to die…. Probably fairly sound

20210809_214738.jpg.c0ac497e522200781227dadaebf2f251.jpgWIP on my DOK travel display board

needed something I could fly with so its 4 10x10 sections that I can pack up

statues going to have blood insults on them (the teclis one is faceless) and I still have to do the shrine skulls and blood pool (with resin and maybe some floating bodies)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

That's really awesome!!

But how dare you deface the statue of the glorious God of magic?! 🥺

cause he abandoned his kids and refuses to pay alimony?

Cause he caused the old world to end?

Cause he got stabbed by Nagash and thats gonna bite everyone in the ass in the future?

Cause he has bad fashion taste?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, if you ask those countless victims who got their souls stolen, those kids probably deserve worse than just some Daddy issues.

And he tried to save a world that was already as good as lost and failed. Better to take a risk than to accept a grim fate that others have prepared for you.

And he also ended the Necroquake which has caused countless deaths and thus significantly weakened one of life's worst enemies. 

His fashion game is superb, nay, godly! I have no idea what you are talking about.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Well, if you ask those countless victims who got their souls stolen, those kids probably deserve worse than just some Daddy issues.

And he tried to save a world that was already as good as lost and failed. Better to take a risk than to accept a grim fate that others have prepared for you.

And he also ended the Necroquake which has caused countless deaths and thus significantly weakened one of life's worst enemies. 

His fashion game is superb, nay, godly! I have no idea what you are talking about.

Its like a republican defending trump, sad and deluded ;)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

If Teclis is Trump, then Morathi is Marjorie Taylor Greene, who is secretly plotting Q all along. 😂

I mean....you might not be wrong there

(The gods of order meeting)

Morathi: "So, I read in this book there are ways to become a god. I wanna be a god too"
(Teclis, Tyrion and sigmar look at eachother worried)
Teclis: "We are sorry, it doesn't work that way. Malarion would be able to agree with us if he wasnt brooding in the shadows"
Morathi: "Well ****** you! you create souless abortions the abandon them! and you, you abuse the souls of the dead by summoning them to to armour to repeatedly die for you...****** all your opinions" *Storms off*
Tyrion: "wow, whose idea was it to side with Karen"
Teclis: "We needed her as shes great at gathering gossip on everyone"
*Alarielle enters drying her hair and reads the room* "Wait, what did I miss?"
Teclis: "Morathi was reading qanon posts again saying we do evil ****** and that she can become a god"
*Morathi-Khaine reenters*
Morathi-Khaine "Haha! ****** you all! Im a god now and there is two of me, deal with that you ******!"
Teclis/Sigmar ".....wtf...."
Tyrion "Wait, there is two of you now? How you doin?" winks at the wall as he is blind 

• Haha 3

Hi fellow fans,

I’m only here for a small clarification, it is probably not even Daughters related as it is, but

could someone clarify if a Blood Stalker hits with it’s Heartseeker Bow on a 6, that what kind of save can be taken against the wound as the “attack sequence ends” is probably a bit misleading!

I’m thinking of any pre3.0 wound negating or new ward saves?

Yes or no?

Thank you for your kind help in advance

Best regards

Greg