AoS 3.0 Seraphon Discussion

Christopher Rowe

On 6/10/2022 at 6:28 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

I think I've gathered enough models to start fielding Seraphon after having stayed in the Living City for a few tournaments.  Just have to base them properly but I think I'll want to make some custom Aztec/Mayan looking stony bases for my spaceFrogs and other lizardfolk.

I got a ziggurat; is it good to garrison that with a Slaan or Kroak, or better for an Astrolith Bearer to provide a bigger bubble of ward save?

I'm going for Dracothion's Tail to begin, and have a Bastiladon and EoTG as well.  Haven't glued the Solar Engine or Ark on there yet....the Ark just seems terrible, like really bad, even for cheaper points.  The extra VP for killing the Solar Engine seems like a fair trade, or is there some viability for the Ark of Sotek I'm missing?  Just checking.

I also have 4 old OLD metal Flesh Hounds that really look reptilian, so those will be my Salamanders.  Better to start them on the table or should I summon them with my massive quantities of summoning points that I'll be generating?

If you want to actually activate the Ziggurat, you'll need to garrison either a wizard or priest. So the Slann yes. Kroak can't garrison it due to being over 10 wounds (From the Core Rules 17.2)

Ark is very situational, the 3" range could mean you could reach over a screen to get to a small hero where the mortal wound chance could take it out, but then just be in combat at 1+ save with a possibly meh unit that won't cause a dent in it. Solar engines definitely got more play, however it's going to be less of a thing now with the changes coming in new GHB moving away from monsters, though it's still a good shooting platform with the skink priest and starpriest buffing it for sure, even outside of Thunder Lizards.

If you're going Dracothions tail, the salamanders are likely usually a good idea to drop from the sky when you can, and you slann isn't in massive danger of being shot off before you can drop them. I'd say most of the time  summonings probably best with skinks just to flood the table and keep you having bodies. Though of course when/if your salamanders get taken off, can use them as summoning then anyways if you have the handlers dead/available also. 

• Thanks 1