Warcry Card builder (card_creator ->warcry_legions)

CrimsonKing

Wanted to share improvements to the warcry card creator some of you are probably already aware of:

https://stevrak.github.io/warcry_legions/

Some of you might be aware of the former versions done by @rachelnertia and Hennirocks. I've taken it up and added a gallery, better implementation of the card code to allow for card galleries, formats, saving and sharing the full set of custom images/runemarks/cards made as a zip file.  I'd hope to complete it with a list builder and printer (but my time is tight so can't guarantee improvements will come at speed)

In the refactoring process the abilities tab will need a similar re-work, along with hopefully a proper print option for selected groups of fighters etc. I have experience with pdf/file printing via my Titanicus project Reactorcount.com. just all this stuff needs time, also the reason for the poor ux is just time avaliable.

The builder tab is a bit of a novelty at the moment. if you have a number of cards already made you can refresh, it will build some tabs for unit group selection, you can then select units you'd accept in a list and it will spit out all 1-2 leader lists within the points specified (give or take the leeway in 'under' input)

If you don't get any lists generated you likely didn't choose 1+ leader or the 'under' value should be higher to accommodate for example, all possible lists going to 980 pts only and being invalidated (Also realized It should cap lists at 15 models)

Older versions available (recent to earliest):

https://stevrak.github.io/warcry-card-creator/

https://hennirocks.github.io/warcry-card-creator/

https://rachelnertia.github.io/warcry-card-creator/

Anyways good luck, thanks for trying it and tell me what you think! Any responses get added to the queue of 'things that need attention'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, TheOtherJosh said:

It’s pretty awesome, are either the small or large templates the same size as the original cards?

At this time saving to image I'm uncertain what dpi you'd need to to print accurate size. Someday when I get around to the list-printing feature I can work on accurate pdf sizing. Until then id try importing and arranging the images in a decent word processor with accurate margin/sizing and scale it there.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/3/2021 at 12:49 PM, Schmullus said:

Awesome update of my work 😍 I highly recommend using this one, might promote that in the repository later, hehe. I recently only added some runemarks, please add those and I'll retire my repo then 😊

Unfortunately at least one user is reporting that the image controls aren’t as good as the ones available in the Hennirocks Warcry Card Creator 🤔

On 8/16/2021 at 7:52 AM, TheOtherJosh said:

Unfortunately at least one user is reporting that the image controls aren’t as good as the ones available in the Hennirocks Warcry Card Creator 🤔

Hehe... yes I sort of abandoned further dev. on this as more pressing work-seeking applications are being developed. Making free software is a double-edged sword in terms of time spent and use. As I go about studying software dev. I build these sorts of things to make it interesting, Before shifting gears to different frameworks.

The image controls were mainly about developing that point-adjustment math/ mouse click listener behavior as a coding concept, and it was shoehorned in. I was hoping that when an image was loading, if you could pinpoint the focal point, say the models face, it could make the image well adjusted in all card formats.
In reality the whole size and shape of the image is important when balancing its position in different formats so the 'one size fits all' fails when switching. What is needed is keeping track of coordinates and scale for each format within each fighter card.

I've just adjusted some output sizing to small cards.
I might alocate some more time to finishing the list builder. It has some clever heuristics in there but without useful output will never see use. Kind of a waste.