Warhammer Quest: White Dwarf Content and Expansions

BrAiKo

Hi all.  Given the new monthly White Dwarf has a couple of new Hero Cards for Silver Tower, I though this thread might be a good place to document all the expanded content out in print, as well as propose ideas for further new rules that would be appropriate in a monthly WD release.

Boxed Games

Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower

Warhammer Quest: Shadows Over Hammerhal

White Dwarf issues with Warhammer Quest resources:

14 May 2016:   Silver Tower release coverage, paint splatter, hero warscrolls for AoS

21 May 2016:  Lord of Plagues hero card, paint splatter, denizens warscrolls for AoS

September 2016:  Slaughterpriest with hackblade and wrath-hammer hero card (+ miniature included), Grombrindal The White Dwarf hero card

February 2017:  "Denizens & Adversaries" Tzaangor Shaman hero card, Tzaangor Enlightened and Skyfires adversary rules

March 2017:  Shadows Over Hammerhal release coverage, background article, Slambo hero card

May 2017:  "The Masters of Fate" (gamemaster article by Jervis Johnson), Kharadron Overlords hero cards (Aether-Khemist, Aetheric Navigator, Arkanaut Admiral, Endrinmaster).

Miniature expansions:

Mighty Heroes: Slaughterpriest, Knight-Venator, Auric Runemaster, Tzeentch sorceror Lord.  

Arcane Heroes: Skink Starpriest, Aelf Sorceress, Grey Seer, Chaos Sorceror Lord, Knight-Heraldor.

Card expansions:

Hero cards.  Includes cards for 44 heroes from above miniature expansions +  other in-app heroes.

Chaos adversary cards.  Includes cards for 41 chaos adversaries including those included in the boxed games, White Dwarf releases and some never before seen.

Given the new monthly WD, there is more opportunity for in-depth rules add-ons.  Anyone got ideas on future content you'd like to see?  Of course rules for more adversaries would be fantastic.  Here's my thoughts on a fluffy mini-expansion that would be appropriate for WD:

A dungeon card called "Khorne's arena" allowing you to use the Gorechosen base card as a room tile (objective room). This would require a proper card for the dungeon deck included with the WD rather than the usual 'cut-out' option, which might be a difficult inclusion.  Then have rules for a single mission plan for the Silver Tower which ends in this Khorne 'detour'. As a bonus include as many rules for Bloodbound adversaries as possible!

Edited by BrAiKo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

In White Dwarf September 2016 they had cards for "Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-hammer" as well as "Grombrindal The White Dwarf" (a repackaged Unforged)

On Saturday the 24th of September GW launched pre-orders for: 

Warhammer Quest Arcane Heroes: models and rules for Grey Seer, Chaos Sorcerer, Knight Heraldor, Sorceress, Skink Priest. But again no cards included.

Warhammer Quest Silver Tower Hero Cards: all the cards previously available in the app and White Dwarf apart from Grombrindal The White Dwarf and the Branchwych, as well as all the characters in the expansions Mighty Heroes and Arcane Heroes.

All of which means that you could now field a team of four characters entirely for: 

Stormcast Eternals: Knight-Azyros, Knight-Heraldor, Knight-Questor, Knight-Venator, Knight-Vexillor, Lord Castellant, Lord-Celestant, Lord-Relictor

Khorne Bloodbound: Aspiring Death Bringer with Goreaxe and Skullhammer, Bloodsecrator, Bloodstoker, Exalted Deathbringer with Ruinous Axe, Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear, Skullgrinder, Slaughterpriest, Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-hammer

Fyreslayers: Fyreslayer Doomseeker, Grimwrath Berzerker, Auric Runemaster, Battlesmith

Duardin: Warden King, Runelord, Cogsmith and Unforged

Aelves: Mistweaver Saih, Tenebrael Shard, Assassin, Black Ark Fleet Master, Loremaster, Sorceress Nomad Prince, Branchwych

What I would like to see next would be a dungeon expansion with new tiles and new Dungeon, Skill and Treasure cards perhaps for Nurgle's Garden. I think they should do them for each of the Chaos Gods as they all have plenty of demons. If wishes were horses I'd also love a generic castle that looks a bit more human in origin.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

By the way the Hero Card for the Slaughter Priest with Hackblade and Wrath Hammer in the White Dwarf is different to the one in the Hero Cards. The one in the White Dwarf is a bad version of the other Slaughter Priest. It looks like a rushed set of rules for a print deadline, where as the Hero Cards one looks like actual rules for that model. 

10 hours ago, Rodiger said:

By the way the Hero Card for the Slaughter Priest with Hackblade and Wrath Hammer in the White Dwarf is different to the one in the Hero Cards. The one in the White Dwarf is a bad version of the other Slaughter Priest. It looks like a rushed set of rules for a print deadline, where as the Hero Cards one looks like actual rules for that model. 

Possibly the Slaughter Priest with Hackblade and Wrath Hammer as his rules appeared in the app, I know the rules on the cards are slightly updated versions of the ones that appeared on the app, I never bought the Slaughterpriest on the app though, can anyone who did verify?

Good point. I have never bought any of the App Characters so I can't say about that. I did buy the Hero Cards though,  I wonder which other ones are different. 

The Hero Card one has, Hackblade (1+) Combat 2+ 1. Wrath-Hammer (3+) Combat 3+ D3. He is missing Blood Boil.

Sacrificial Rite (4+) Each time you slay an adversary you or another hero heals D3 wounds, or 3 if you used Blood Bind.

Blood Bind (5+)  Pick an adversary roll a dice and move up to that many spaces, if you roll a 6 the adversary also suffers D3 wounds. 

Stats, Traits, and Renown are the same. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like the Dec 2017 WD is going to be of interest for WHQ players.

* Hammerhal adventure

* 12 adversary cards

* Mercenary ally rules

I don't have hammerhal,  but want those adversary cards. Also, sounds like the AHQ styled hired swords/followers are coming to new WHQ. cool.

• Like 1

From the GW site;

"December’s White Dwarf is here and to help celebrate the season it comes complete with a gift – exclusive game cards for Blood Bowl, Shadespire and Warhammer Quest! It’s also a gaming special, packed with a whopping four Battle Reports, new rules for Genestealer Cults in Space Hulk, the first part of a series of new adventures for Warhammer Quest and much, much more – the perfect way to celebrate every aspect of the hobby this Christmas."

So this isn't one-off coverage for WHQ it seems!

The cards are split across Blood Bowl, Shadespire and WHQ - which is good for me as I own all three!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23.11.2017 at 5:42 PM, Mr. White said:

Sounds like the Dec 2017 WD is going to be of interest for WHQ players.

* Hammerhal adventure

* 12 adversary cards

* Mercenary ally rules

I don't have hammerhal,  but want those adversary cards. Also, sounds like the AHQ styled hired swords/followers are coming to new WHQ. cool.

One thing is missing in the description (don't know if these weren't spoilert).

The White Dwarf contains two new Hero Cards: Freeguild General and Gunmaster. (Printed into the WD like the other Hero Cards)

The cards are divided into 6 Treasure Cards, 4 Skill Cards, an Activitycard and a card called  Achievement V.

Actually never played Warhammer Quest, but have both boxes and should have all expansions. Really like the idea.

Edited by EMMachine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a copy finally but was hoping for more fleshing out of the 3 new quests. The new cards and Mercenaries were cool though. I guess I was expecting something else, but I get that SOH is GM driven, so new merk 'helpers' and treasures could mix well with the new Chaos Adversary Card deck. Has anybody here created a whole unique dungeon adventure with all these elements? I'd love to see it!

I'm waiting for this month's adventure in White Dwarf,  "Scour the Verminlair" which has to been Skaven-centric!

SInce Skaven are the bulk of my (small) painted AoS collection, I look forward to seeing how this one works out with the recent Skaven additions with the Chaos Adversary cards.

I know if I ever gave writing a dungeon a go, it would probably be Skaven-themed!

• 1 month later...

In White Dwarf December 2017, January 2018 and February 2018 a short storyline was introduced based in Hammerhal. With 3 dungeons, and additional locations in Hammerhal to visit.

Two additional heroes were introduced and available as Mercenaries:

Freeguild General

Freeguild Gunmaster

The December 2017 issue included a set of additional cards that expanded the Shadows over Hammerhal game.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Sharkbelly said:

Does anyone who owns the three White dwarf adventures care to update this thread? I've been reading about them online, but I do not own them yet. I've heard there is some pretty awesome stuff in there, including ties to the Silver Tower.

If you’re a player... any resemblance to that line of thinking is entirely heretical.

As an upstanding member of the city, I would have you know that The Silver Towers are a pure figment of your imagination and this talk of “Rats the size of men walking on their hind legs is entirely ridiculous”...

Hammerhal is sound and secure, built upon a solid bedrock, the recent tower damage was due to faulty repairs and uppity Duardin using substandard repair material and any rumors of chaos cultists is lies spread by rumormongers in the back alleys intending to frighten children and oppress the rightful and good citizenry.

What specifically did you have questions about?

• Like 2