Cities of Sigmar in AoS 3

It should be possible to field Wild Riders in such a way that their spears will be in range but they can maintain coherency, it might be something like staggering their position to make triangles between the first and second rank so they can all get in on the charge (after that, they just die, so that initial combat is what matters imo). If not, fielding them  in two groups of 5 is actually fine, since they'd be able to help fill in battalion slots and get you more goodies to play with, and still be effective!

• Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/17/command-the-new-editions-most-diverse-army-roster-with-the-cities-of-sigmar/

They still use a picture with Freguild Archers in the background x) And while Hydras highlight is weird, shadow warriors are indeed interesting in the new edition. If only they were 4+ save base or weren't so extremely dependant on cover..

30 minutes ago, Zeblasky said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/17/command-the-new-editions-most-diverse-army-roster-with-the-cities-of-sigmar/

They still use a picture with Freguild Archers in the background x) And while Hydras highlight is weird, shadow warriors are indeed interesting in the new edition. If only they were 4+ save base or weren't so extremely dependant on cover..

I don't know whether to laugh or cry that they keep showing Freeguild Archers. It's the equivalent of showing the 2020 model of a car in the 2021 brochure. :D

Hydras suck. All CoS monsters suck. Unless they get a points drop, I just don't see them being worth much. None of our monsters (including the hero mounts) manage to put out enough damage to justify their cost and the buffs that GW are making out to be wonderful, also apply to every other factions monsters as well. A monster smackdown between a CoS monster or any other factions, my money is on the other side. :( 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SentinelGuy said:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry that they keep showing Freeguild Archers. It's the equivalent of showing the 2020 model of a car in the 2021 brochure. :D

It's more like putting a car in the brochure that went out of production in 2019 and did not get replaced.

On the other hand, we have people defending forbidding dumped models as proxies because you can't get them from GW anymore.

It was impossible to buy these before they were labelled out of stock, they didn't go to your cart when clicked (just like the General on Horse). I thought that was just a bug, and I would try again later.

Edit:

The article explains nothing.

Neither Freeguild Guard nor Flagellants got a base size of 20 (which would make them somewhat relevant).

Sisters are 20 points more expensive than Sentinels.

Irondrakes 10 points more expensive than Sentinels.

Phoenix Guard remain the only relevant Elite infantry.

Battlemage on Griffin got a decent reduction, but probably not enough.

Artillery was increased in price while getting shafted.

Edit2: Cursed City heroes absent.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

Here are our points btw. +20 to Sisters (while Handginners got +5), when I have 40 of them, kinda hurts, but I can live through that. Still better that  +15 to Darkshards (they do have a very powerful owerwatch now though). Also Sorceress on a Dragon costing 5 more gold than a Dreadlord... I do hope they changed her Warscroll x)

Spoiler

1.jpg.f4501abcefb2ebfd9575bc082327f5db.jpg

2.jpg.97335693646586ef9fd8ac83a1efb7ac.jpg

3.jpg.13fde6f86154cf97c7286acae79b9dd6.jpg

Edited by Zeblasky
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Rhubarb said:

As someone who was working on a mostly Freeguild infantry list, it doesn't seem like there's a place for Guard in 3.0 anymore. I like my horde of armored chaff humans gosh dammit!

Well, there are objectives x) Freeguild Guard is very cheap and has 2.5 bases, meaning they don't care about coherency that much. With Phoenis Guard going up 15 base, Freeguild are good for mass screening and controlling objectives. They won't kill much, but they will hold the line.

7 minutes ago, Zeblasky said:

Well, there are objectives x) Freeguild Guard is very cheap and has 2.5 bases, meaning they don't care about coherency that much. With Phoenis Guard going up 15 base, Freeguild are good for mass screening and controlling objectives. They won't kill much, but they will hold the line.

Ah, I guess. For me it feels like they want to be in larger blocks, but those reinforcement points could be spent in a better place. Would you suggest just a lot of MSU of Guard (also, is rule of three a thing in AoS?)

Just now, SentinelGuy said:

Anyone know how much the endless spells changed?

Unless there's an FAQ I believe they can't be empowered anymore. Most of the warscrolls changed in subtle/important ways too. Points are all over the place. The stream is still live so I don't know how to give a timestamp, but the link is here:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SentinelGuy said:

Oooof that's a big kick in the tender regions. Those points changes seem pretty random.

I'd say that they are mostly good. A lot of our monsters and melee are cheaper (which is double good because a lot of melee and especially monsters of other armies are now more pricey), while our ranged became more pricey as well. Not all changes are great though, for example I am not sure why Sisters and Darkshards deserve +20 and +15, while Handgunners and Crossbowmen got only +5 each.

18 minutes ago, Rhubarb said:

Ah, I guess. For me it feels like they want to be in larger blocks, but those reinforcement points could be spent in a better place. Would you suggest just a lot of MSU of Guard (also, is rule of three a thing in AoS?)

Honestly, yea, a LOT of MSU Guard would probably be best. May be two 20-30 men units of Guard specifically just for central line holding, objective control and using combat CAs on them. It warrants some experimentation. Don't forget that with 2.5mm bases coherency does not stop you from gettting all of your models into melee in 1 rank, as long as all bases touch each other. And even in 2 ranks and 1 inch reach weapons you can still reach your enemy. 2.5 bases are amazing for melee, contrary to what GW are thinking x)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that a Fleetmaster with the arcane tome generic artefact is the real CoS hero we've all been searching for. Why bother with a Battlemage unless you really need a particular spell? He's the cheapest unbind we can get and he has access to all the city spells and the generics. Plus his armour save is good and he's not terrible in combat.

Edited by SentinelGuy

My Freeguild army had any points increases absorbed by the loss of the battalions. Knights and Griffon down is great when compared to the rest of the game they could have gone up. Overall I'm very happy, my Freeguild are dancing over here, unscathed.

I used guard to MSU screen so I'm not bothered by their change. Although, again, everyone else suffered the same. Still rocking my greatswords since as I said before, increases got ate by the loss of battalions.

The nerfs arent so hards.

But i hope we get something in the faq replacing our lost empowered endless spells or gonna be a big nerf

Also the increase as others said dont make sense,the best unit of the tome as are demigryps got a buf??????

Handgunners and crossbowmen only 5 nerf but darkshards 15 and sisters 20??? Even irondrakes got 10

Dont makes any sense. Also sorceres in black dragon is soooo bad as the mage in gryfon but didnt get the same reduction.

In general we are good because we got 10\15% nerfs as others armys,but the internal balance dont makes sense and loose  one of our alegiance skills dont makes sense also