TGA Painting Contest - White Dwarf Slaughter priest

Ben

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after striping the failed primer, resculpting parts that were ruined by striping and priming it a second time I can finally start painting. The model is a jou to paint. I've been working on a funky multi-colored somewhat NMM effect on the armour. I'm not sure if it works, but it will look different once i've done the skin and other details like the skulls and flames.

Kms77Rg.jpg eejwMRO.jpg RlsfVHV.jpg

50 minutes ago, bottle said:

I've finished mine, just need to take some proper pics to show it in its best light :-)

Do we post our final pictures in here, or will there be another thread?

There's an entry thread pinned next to this one :)

I've finished my dude, just need to find time to finish up the base and take photos then I can put him up in the entry thread.

I'll probably try to sand down the grainy primer of my mini with a super-fine grit sandpaper. I don't have the means or patience to truly strip it, so I'll give this a go and hope it turns out okay. The days are running out and I'm lagging behind! 

I bought some Vallejo airbrush primer so I don't have to worry about the weather so much. I'll take this over aerosol cans any day. Better coverage, too!

41 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Looking good - out of curiosity how have you tackled the horns?  Never seem to be happy with however I do them unless it's bone coloured

I use P3 paints and GW washes. The horn is worked up from a black base with layers of brown into bone and an off white. I used an old GW Masterclass article for the technique. 

Im not 100% satisfied but it's the best I've pulled it off so far. The texture on the horns on this model make it a lot easier.

30 minutes ago, BloodBeast said:

I use P3 paints and GW washes. The horn is worked up from a black base with layers of brown into bone and an off white. I used an old GW Masterclass article for the technique. 

Im not 100% satisfied but it's the best I've pulled it off so far. The texture on the horns on this model make it a lot easier.

Cool, thanks!  I think I know the masterclass you mean actually.  The P3 brown and bones are generally my "go to" choice for anything in that range, although I used GW for my Bloodbound so I could follow Duncan ;) 

40 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

So many great conversions of the same model for so many different races for this thread, who'd have known one clampack hero would be so versatile. We should make it a monthly/bi monthly thing, with the winner of the previous challenge nominating a new plastic hero each time.

A regular competition where everybody starts with the same model would be great. I've enjoyed putting in lots of effort for a single piece and would love the chance to improve my painting further.

Archived