TGA Painting Contest - White Dwarf Slaughter priest

Ben

Hello everyone.

I'd like to announce the Grand Alliance painting contest. 

This weekend sees the release of the new White Dwarf and includes a free Slaughterpriest model. 

The contest will be to paint that model. 

closing date is the last day of September.  Voting for the winner will last 1 week starting Saturday 1st October and closing the following Saturday. 

The rules. 

Entries must be posted in the results thread. 

Only 1 photo per entry. But you may use any image tools that you like as long as it is only 1 image that you submit. 

Final photo must also be shared on your Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with a link back to this contest thread.  And your social media link posted with your photo on this forum. 

The entry with the most votes will get a 'Start Collecting' set of their choice and one random entry will win a copy of the Gorechosen game.  

60010799003_Gorechosen05.jpg

1.jpg

Good luck! 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is very cool, not sure if I'll have time to enter with my Tale of Gamers commitments and with the social media barrier to entry... but then again awesome prize support... are there any rules conversion wise?  Could we mount him on a horse/chariot/dragon if it's all done between now and end of September?

I like the idea of this contest but being an average-at-best painter, I am a little discouraged by the voting for a winner. 

I understand that is how you'd determine the best paint job. And that type of competition has its merits. But all its going to take is 2-3 awesome entries to shut out most of us. 

In the future I would try and tie completion it's self into a smaller random draw.

Just my 2 cents.

I like it, it's a neat idea. Being relatively new to painting miniatures I don't reckon I'd stand much of a chance but I'll probably still participate just to tag long and get some practice in painting something other than Stormcast for once. :)

@Ben - I was waiting for someone to start up a paint competition for this mini. It just makes sense to do so. It's an even better idea to tie it into this forum & social media in general. #community and all that!

I'm gonna pop into town in a bit to pick up a couple of paints. If they have a WD I'll pick one up and see if I have time to do up an entry in the timeframe. But good luck to all the potential entries. 

@Fenske - that is awesome bro!

@Spifferson - I get what you are saying but in my experience we'll still see a wide range of entrants. People don't tend to be put off and like to display their best work (whatever standard that may be) alongside their fellow hobbyists. Also it's not always the best technical job that wins. 

That said, perhaps Ben could do a smaller secondary prize for one entrant drawn at random. I don't think that's a bad idea. 

@Dez - Come join the Twitter party! I only use it for Wargaming and not all the other nonsense. It's just about following the right people - start yourself off with @the_black_sun ...a mighty fine account! ;) 

Eurghhh just realised this is my first weekend post! 

Yes, my Twitter (@_devianttactics) is soley for wargaming too. My feed is just a solid stream of inspiration due to only following people that actively post warhammer content and not much else (and I try to do the same, keep my content good and 100% warhammer). Join in on the fun, Dez!

Good points on the level of entry.  I'll throw in a copy of Gorechosen too. picked at random from all the entrants.

I'll flesh out the details later today and update sth first post. 

Not moving on the Social Media thing though.  I want to spread the work about this community!

Sounds great! Should be able to fit a Slaughter Preist in after I finish extra bits for my Facehammer GT army. In fact this is great motivation to paint him as I think he was going to the back of the project drawer - I'd promised to myself I was going to paint the Silver Tower next, but one Slaughter Preist won't hurt...and I can use him in the Silver Tower anyway!

I agree with Chikout. I'll be making a twitter account just for this, seems like a good way to spread the word. I also like the idea of the random prize, it's a nice touch and gives just a little extra incentive to join in even if you're a beginner painter. 

• Ben pinned this topic

Sounds awesome and I agree - very generous prize pool! Are there any additional rules or is it rule of cool? Eg. Can I convert? Use the mini as a basis for something other than a slaughterpreist? Could it for example become a vampire or black orc? Etc etc...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived