TGA Painting Contest - White Dwarf Slaughter priest

Ben

3 hours ago, bottle said:

Thanks! The weapon isn't finished in the WIP shot but to get there was: 1. Skrag Brown over a White undercoat. 2. strippled Ironbreaker 3.Washed in Agrax Earthshade 4. Washed in Nuln Oil (sparingly) 5. Highlighted with Stormhost Silver. :) 

Interesting approach to rust. Will have to try that.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just signed up to the forum so I can put in an entry. It's a fantastic model and people are doing amazing things with it, both conversion and painting wise. I'm painting it pretty much straight, although with metal armour and red only on the cloth bits, and basing him on a 25mm square so he can be a hero in my WFB chaos army though.  I'm not a big fan of coloured armour.

3 hours ago, elfhead said:

Good luck fitting him on a 25mm base, the guy is huge. He is almost twice the size of a regular marauder...

I accidentally threw away the loincloth piece, so i'll have to do some more sculpting before I can start painting...

Where are you based? I didn't use the loincloth converting my guy and can send it to you.

6 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Where are you based? I didn't use the loincloth converting my guy and can send it to you.

That's a very genereus offer. I'm based in the netherlands. Although I think the new loincloth I'm sculpting will turn out Allright. I'll post some pics when it's done.

another dillema: I'd like to leave of the arm with the chain to make painting easier. But when I attach it later I'm affraid the gap will be to big. Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

1 hour ago, elfhead said:

another dillema: I'd like to leave of the arm with the chain to make painting easier. But when I attach it later I'm affraid the gap will be to big. Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Do a few test fits.  I've glued mine on but didn't find I had much filling to do - I actually had more on the back where the other arm went.  Head and loin cloth have stayed separate for me :)

3 hours ago, elfhead said:

That's a very genereus offer. I'm based in the netherlands. Although I think the new loincloth I'm sculpting will turn out Allright. I'll post some pics when it's done.

Alright, let me know if you get sick of greenstuffing and I can be on standby to stuff it in the post (based in the UK). :) 

I'm currently painting my converted version of the slaughterpriest, with a much shorter torso and legs, with the chain arm glued on (and the chain as a seperate sub-assembly) and painting it hasn't proven difficult at all. There are no real details in the arm pit area, and it's almost impossible to see on the assembled model, so unless you're planning on a load of crazy freehand tattoos, you shouldn't have any trouble layering it up with the rest of the skin.

13 hours ago, elfhead said:

Good luck fitting him on a 25mm base, the guy is huge. He is almost twice the size of a regular marauder...

I've managed it, just about.  He overhangs a bit but looks ok on a diagonal.  Hopefully I should be able to get him to rank up.

Started painting my entry, decided to try and learn something new and see what those Warhammer TV painting tutorials were like. Using the Putrid Blightking video and substituting the colours with similar ones I own, so far I've done the skin and started the armour. Really happy with how it's going so far.

Lots of cool progress from everyone else, it's great to see so much creativity come from just one mono pose model.

1 hour ago, Ademo said:

Cheers guys! Thanks for the feedback. @KhaosZand3r I feel the same - some really awesome painters taking part but it's been a really fun project and made me try some new things and at the end of the day we all end up with a really cool model!

The best part of this contest for me is working on the same model and following the progress of everyone. It's very interesting to discover how each of us have a very specific and different take on this one model. I can't wait to see all the final results toghether!

Archived