Cursed City Heroes

Been a while since I've been able to post anything on here - a combination of me not being a quick painter and painting a lot of non AoS miniatures over the past year or so!  I am however now painting up my Cursed City box so thought I'd pop up the hero I finished off this weekend

E3S4lxDXEAIxB6k?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

I am currently painting these guys, too. Octren is probably number 5 I will paint, but I actually really like him, being all loaded down with books and scrolls like that. I'm certainly enjoying the low-pressure painting experience of Cursed City, where I get to paint a different hero model every few days or so and don't have to grind out big units of dudes all the time.

I like the highlightling you did on the robe, because I can see all the edges clearly but it's not just glowing tron lines everywhere.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 11:42 AM, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Looking good and looking forward to seeing the rest - there are some brilliant models in the box.

Thanks!  I know there were a few issues which put a bit of a negative light on the box, but like you say they're some stunning models in there!

On 6/8/2021 at 1:27 PM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I am currently painting these guys, too. Octren is probably number 5 I will paint, but I actually really like him, being all loaded down with books and scrolls like that. I'm certainly enjoying the low-pressure painting experience of Cursed City, where I get to paint a different hero model every few days or so and don't have to grind out big units of dudes all the time.

I like the highlightling you did on the robe, because I can see all the edges clearly but it's not just glowing tron lines everywhere.

Cheers.  Sounds like a good plan you've worked out.  I've done the objective markers, gravestones and the rats so far before I started on this one.  Have just started doing the Ogor (which is the character I'm playing in a campaign we have running).  One of the things I'm loving is that I'm not feeling overwhelmed by the contents.  There's still quite a few models, but most of them are so different to each other, it doesn't feel like a chore!

I think that quite a few people have a habit of highlighting up too quickly - jumping from the base colour (often darkened with a wash) right up to the top highlight in one hit which gives that bright tron effect.  Think I layered up 3 colours with the robes and shaded with a darker colour rather than an all over wash.  Though it does take a bit longer, I think the end effect is a lot smoother and less jarring.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Happy to say that I've finished off Brutogg Corpse-Eater!  Really happy with how he's come out despite having to strip back the horn on his shoulder and repaint it.  He was really enjoyable to paint too which is what I've found with all the Cursed City models so far.  Technically he was pretty challenging too, he's got lots of little details on that you don't realise and all of them ideally want to be painted slightly differently to make them look like he's collected them from lots of different places.

E5W1_4OX0AEyW87?format=jpg&name=large

E5W2AsiXEAAKlFt?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 7/6/2021 at 9:37 AM, GTK said:

God I’d forgotten how good a painter you are.Great job on both models

Thank you!  The quantity I've managed to paint has been pretty awful over the past year as I've just been doing odd models for fun rather than having a focus on what I need to do.