What are you doing Pre-3.0?

Converting my Pistoleers and Outriders (back) into cavalry for Oathmark. Giving away what I kept in Guard and Crossbow/Handgun.

Between souping dwarves lobotimizing Kharadron with a god-shaped rusty spoon (former was hyperbole) and Cities starting religious colonisation to bring the savages to heel (while calling a crusade, with no crucifixes that are the root of that word), there is no place for me in the narrative of AoS.

The elegance of the system is also eroded by putting more stuff in the core rules, and I hate mortal wound spam.

May consider buying one or two boxes of new orcs, depending on their price.

Edited by zilberfrid

• 3 weeks later...

Well since my family is in isolation due to my wife having contracted Covid on her second day back to work from a co-worker, I am taking this time to try to paint my Nurgle theme Slaves to Darkness and finishing up my last few Stormcast before my Dominion box (now having to be shipped rather than pick up :() shows up.

6 minutes ago, grimshwiz said:

Well since my family is in isolation due to my wife having contracted Covid on her second day back to work from a co-worker, I am taking this time to try to paint my Nurgle theme Slaves to Darkness and finishing up my last few Stormcast before my Dominion box (now having to be shipped rather than pick up :() shows up.

Oh no! Sorry to hear this. Hope everyone gets healthy or stays healthy!

1 minute ago, Christopher Rowe said:

Oh no! Sorry to hear this. Hope everyone gets healthy or stays healthy!

Thanks! My daughter and I tested negative, and my wife is feeling better now she is on day 5 of being stuck in our bedroom (days 2-4 were bad she said) while we have run of the house lol. Thank you for your thoughts!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, grimshwiz said:

Thanks! My daughter and I tested negative, and my wife is feeling better now she is on day 5 of being stuck in our bedroom (days 2-4 were bad she said) while we have run of the house lol. Thank you for your thoughts!

Two to four days wouldn't be too bad if that's all it turns out to be.  I had Covid beat me up for 10 days the last few had me in hospital for a couple nights (just on O2, no ventilator).  I would caution you and your wife to be careful.  I thought I was out of the woods around my day 5.  It turned out Covid went from a general flu-like illness to stomach flu-like illness.  Then it became a respiratory thing which sent me to the hospital.  Afterward, it took an entire week of rest to recuperate enough to barely be able to do my job.

I was told I was on the bad side of how Covid effects most people, but I want to give a bit of cautionary advice to have your wife take it easy just the same. 

Edited by Saturmorn Carvilli
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, grimshwiz said:

Do give your wife all the attention she needs! Isolation, as sang quite often, is not good for me, nor (probably) for your wife.

On the plus side, you having a Nurgle army might tempt her to make her own army to beat the disease out of them on a regular basis from now on, if she wasn't playing already.

1 hour ago, Saturmorn Carvilli said:

Two to four days wouldn't be too bad if that's all it turns out to be.  I had Covid beat me up for 10 days the last few had me in hospital for a couple nights (just on O2, no ventilator).  I would caution you and your wife to be careful.  I thought I was out of the woods around my day 5.  It turned out Covid went from a general flu-like illness to stomach flu-like illness.  Then it became a respiratory thing which sent me to the hospital.  Afterward, it took an entire week of rest to recuperate enough to barely be able to do my job.

I was told I was on the bad side of how Covid effects most people, but I want to give a bit of cautionary advice to have your wife take it easy just the same. 

I was in bed for two weeks, and should have gone to the hospital in the second week. I couldn't sleep because I constantly felt I was choking, and when combined with a fever and no excersize, my mind turns out to be a bad place to be locked into. Humans are social creatures, and the isolation I had when I had the damed thing really did hurry me on the path that ended in clinical depression that lasted about 8 months. I only feel like I'm out of it for two weeks.

• Thanks 1

I started by setting out to try to build everything.

I've not got much hobbying done over the last six months at all, as I've moved house and been busy with work and D&D. I'd tried to paint models a few times, but was so rusty that it just left me in a bit of a malaise. I decided that the best thing to do was crack on with building, and slowly build back up to doing the painting.

So far I've built about half of the plastic stuff I had on sprues, and cleaned up and washed maybe two thirds of the resin and metal, so that will be ready to build once all the plastic is done.

But then I got a bit burned out trying to keep up with all the new edition articles, and ultimately decided that I wasn't going to bother with 3e AoS, and will just stick with Warcry, (and frostgrave). Everyone here plays 40k more anyway, so there isn't as much time for mass battle fantasy games. I was feeling immensly rusty having not had a game in a year, and keep losing 40K, which was frustrating so I tried to look for the things that really excite me about gaming in the first place.

What I enjoy most, and what keeps me playing RPGs when wargames take a backseat is world building. So I decided to jump on that and run a 40K narrative campaign to bring some of that focus to my wargaming hobby. Meanwhile I've been busy designing a dedicated setting for my next fantasy wargames campaign, which will work as a companion to my D&D world. I initially couldn't decide whether to make it a warcry campaign, a frostgrave campaign, or something else...

Then some cool game mechanics literally came to me in a dream last week, so I've spent most of the weekend writing my own indy system to go with my new setting. I'm so much happier than I was trying to figure out 3e stuff!  Its really put the spring back in my wargaming step and I can't wait to get enough written up to start playtesting!

3 hours ago, RetconnedLegion said:

Managed to squeeze in one last game of Second Edition the night before, using my Chaos Duardin for the first and last time with 2nd.

D924FB68-8CDA-4385-BF1F-C8A688A4EC3F.jpeg

Great force! Lets hope that they soon get some new rules for 3rd. I've been doubtful of Chaos Dwarves getting anything new in the past, but the mention of them in the Hobgrot background stuff makes me hopeful that our time may be about to come!

I’ve just got back into the hobby and have been painting a mostly halfling COS army. I’m about a third done.What’s funny is that taking a break from them I’ve been repainting my old Chaos Dwarf army slowly and the above post has a nice 5th CD vibe which I’m always happy to see.I would love to see them along with the hobgrots in AOS3.

• Like 1